Crazy credit at Aqua

61,806.00 seconds for 26,779 credit Hurry over before the admin there regains his sanity. Or at least decides CPU and GPU tasks shouldn't get the same amount of credit.

***disclaimer*** This task was completed using 64bit Vista which apparently has just recently been optimized compared to 32bit OSes or even 64bit Linux. In other words your results may vary.

Re: Crazy credit at Aqua

They have been out of CPU WUs for 2 days now and they are going to a fixed credit system. According to the message boards somebody manipulated the system and got millions of credit for 1 WU.

Actually this is/was the fixed credit system they went with! Credit granted was based on how many qubits each task was, 200 qubits = 26,779 and 240 qubits = 74,981 (I got three of those). I know they are trying to get everything sorted out at the moment so by the time CPU tasks are available again things will probably be back in line.

I finished a GPU one today. 407,633 seconds (about 114 hours) for 74,981 credit. Not bad but not as good as GPUGrid for now. I'll think I'll run it at a very low percentage as a backup.