Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What are some good job search websites?

I signed up for careerbuilder, and I'm already getting spammed with pie in the sky jobs.

If someone knows of a detailed article on the subject it would be appreciated.

BTW, I don't want to know how to make $142/hr using google.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: What are some good job search websites?

good question

The internet can be a great place for alot of things, but it's ridiculous just trying to sift through all of the ••••••••.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

i have to agree. i use my university's career site sometimes, but a lot of times it's to do with things that don't pertain to me and stupid ass sales positions where they don't want to pay you and want to make loads off you because, you know, they think they can get some desperate schmuck to do that in this economy.

people always tell me that social networking is the best thing but i've yet to figure that one out.

maybe you could try a welder's forum and see if that leads to anything?
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Monster is the best.

and USAJOBS for a gov position.
    "I was gratified to be able to answer promptly and I did. I said I didn't know."

- Mark Twain - Life on the Mississippi

I Served Too - Notable entertainers who served in the military

http://www.grandrapidsnightout.com/dining

My mother just graduated from grad school and I was helping her find a job. I had good successes with Craigslist, some people are put off by it but there are some really great opportunities available. If you live in a big city you can check out your city or state site; they often have very lucrative positions but tend to require degrees or licenses for qualification. Lastly if you've got tech minded friends I suggest trying LinkedIn. It's a very popular social networking/job hybrid. Basically six degrees of separation of job search.

Best of luck to you in your hunting, let us know how it goes.

Thx guys,post more sites if you can Ill be sure to check out the ones posted so far since Im am job hunting too.

I've heard that Twitter can be great for finding a job now days. No experience at this though. Especially since I hate twitter (too much spam).

Twitter?
    How so?

thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Twitter?
    How so?
    Something I heard on the TWIT network podcasts. Either the employer put's out a tweet to find people, or someone looking for a job puts out a tweet with key words and a maybe a link to a basic resume.

That's just what I gathered though, never tried it myself, thank god I still have a good job.

I AM A MORON!

Jeez I just got back from a job interview with CompUSA for a techie position and during the interview they asked me the dumbest question I ever heard in my life regarding a computer.

Manager asks me: "If a customer brings in a computer and says his monitor doesnt work,whats the first step you take?"

So Im nervous as hell and I start thinking of a million reasons of why a monitor wont work.

So I reply: "did the customer bring the monitor?"

His response: "no,its a CRT and they left it at home"

hmm,well thinking of how n00bish many of your average customers are I say: "I ask them if the monitor is plugged in"

manager says: "no not the right response"

then I say:"hmm I swap video cards to see if the video is dead"

THe funny part is now im realizing what I should have answered.....

PLUG IN ONE OF THE FRIGGEN STORE MONITORS TO SEE IF IT WORKS!!!!

YET AGAIN IM A MORON!!!!

LOL

what does a store monitor have to do with the customer's monitor at home?
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Quote Originally Posted by old82 View Post
    what does a store monitor have to do with the customer's monitor at home?
    Thats what I thought at first which is why I initially didnt say that. lol

But it has to be the answer,what I said about video card is usually 2nd step,and they didnt like that response.