Overclocking Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - Poor results...

I hope you folks will be able to help me with my new HTPC set up. I purchased the above board due to it's reasonable onboard gpu hybrid sli etc... The system will also be the home media server.

Spec is -

GA-E7AUM-DS2H Motherboard - 1333fsb (only supports ddr800??)
    Intel Core 2 Quad 9550
    AC Freezer Low Profile
    4 X 2GB Kingston HyperX 1066 @ 800 due to board limitation
    2 X 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 - Stripe Raid
    Enermax Noisetaker 480w

Multiplier is locked?? but board allows .5x over to 8.5 x FSB

I have increased FSB 1450 at standard voltages, temps are low 40's under load but it hits a wall... even with voltage increase...

I must be doing something wrong... The bios gives me four voltage options -

CPU, DDR, FSB and Chipset... what does the chipset voltage do?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, I understand that most Yorkfield processors can hit 3.4ghz with little voltage increase....

Best wishes,

Stan
    DFI Lanparty Ultra B
    Barton 2500/M @ 2.625Ghz 10.5*250
    2 x Maxtor Diamondmax 120gb sata running in raid.
    EVGA 7800GS Superclock
    1GB OCZ Platinum Ltd Etd PC3200@250 11-2-2-2 BH5
    Liteon CD/RW & DVD drives.
    LRWW / DangerD Z chip / Homemade GPU Block / Eheim 1250 / Thermochill Dual 120mm Rad

Re: Overclocking Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - Poor results...

chipset voltage is needed like for cpu when you push the bus up. work with stock voltages and when it fails try upping one at a time and test again.

GA-E7AUM-DS2H

http://www.dosv.jp/mb_bb/2009/01/gigabyte_01.htm

power filtring doesnt look too good

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

What's power filtering?

I played around a little more tonight, i got it up to 1480 by adding .1v to the fsb but extra voltage would not allow a clock any further... I'm gutted, this mobo is holding back my hardware!!!

I have the latest bios, perhaps switching to a previous bios might help, any further thoughts or experience is appreciated.

Best wishes,

Stan
    DFI Lanparty Ultra B
    Barton 2500/M @ 2.625Ghz 10.5*250
    2 x Maxtor Diamondmax 120gb sata running in raid.
    EVGA 7800GS Superclock
    1GB OCZ Platinum Ltd Etd PC3200@250 11-2-2-2 BH5
    Liteon CD/RW & DVD drives.
    LRWW / DangerD Z chip / Homemade GPU Block / Eheim 1250 / Thermochill Dual 120mm Rad

What's power filtering?
    it's basically how the m/b transmits the power it gets from the psu to certain components.

check the m/b manual to see how much voltage it will allow for, then increment each in small steps individually, eg: adjust vcore, then nb, then ram, etc
    If it aint broke, fix it anyway

About the DDR2-800 support. The motherboard doesn't support native 1066 memory speed. It doesn't matter if it supports 1066 anyway because your not going to be running it at factory clocks. Running ur 1066 ram at 800 allows for a large amount of headroom for overclocking. With 800mhz set in the bios and a clock speed of 411mhz means ur ram will run at 987. I wouldn't suggest you go further then 1066. First thing you will want to do is get the timings for your ram that are suggested for 1066 operation. Set them to that in the bios, everything else to auto. Leave the multiplier the same. Make sure your pci express is locked at 100Mhz, and your pci bus is locked at 33.33Mhz. Then get ur factory voltage and write it down. I would suggest u set the voltage to auto and then go to the board monitoring tab in the bios and get ur stock voltage. Then set that voltage in the bios. Your problem will lie in the Northbridge voltage which is very important. It's important to know what the voltage is at by default. I don't know what voltage that chipset operates at, so it's important to know. One thing i did notice after reading the manual is there is no option to lock the PCI express bus and pci bus, correct? If so, that could cause some serious stability issues concerning the graphic card. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm glad to help.