Benchmark idea for review

I don't know if it's been suggested already but I'd love to see some sort of "social" area where users can post their benchmarks of a particular item BEng reviewed.

For example: say PCPer puts up some sort of SSD review. What if perhaps embedded in the benchmarks is an area for "user" results. User additional have the benefit of filling in gaps the tester may not have access to or time to test. It would be cool if say TWIT's Colleen could add her benchmarks of her 3 video cards in SLI to video card reviews.

I know many people do this in forums but in forums there are no strict benchmark guidelines and it is inconvenient to seach 50 pages and manually rate everyone's subjective bookmarks.

This idea is only partially thoughtout and I welcome your ideas/problems with this idea.

Re: Benchmark idea for review

thank you for your suggestion.

i will make sure the correct people see this.
    hmm...

I had some more time to brainstorm about this idea. One issue that might crop up is the user benchmarks may not all be using uniform systems. You may have one person benchmarking using Vista 32 while another person is using Windows 7 64. In order to account for this I envision some sort of "guidelines" set up. A simple method would be the honor system where PCPer outlines that extra programs like antivirus's should be disabled and drivers be up to date, things like that. Once a large enough user base submits their benchmarks of a particular product using software that PCPer wants us to use then it will work like a self correcting system. As long as most of the users benchmark properly it will account for those that do it wrong.

Also a more fancy and expensive way would be to have an official PCPer bootable environment. This would account for any software getting in the way. Maybe someone in the community can write it if they have the skills. But this is already pie in the sky crazy thinking

nice but you have to keep in mind that benchmarking on a fresh install is one thing unless some form of benchmark is done without the need for os/drivers/fragmentation in this case etc..

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...