Thread: boinc 6.10.1

boinc 6.10.1

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

I saw that they posted a new dev version in the news on the forums. Just wondering if anyone with an ati card is using it and what they think and if you are using the latest drivers from ati with it? I also noticed they have 6.10.1 out now, but not sure what it fixes. I might try it out and see how it plays with milkyway.

Re: boinc 6.10.1

Quote Originally Posted by MoDifiy View Post
    http://boinc.berkeley.edu/dl/?C=M;O=D

I saw that they posted a new dev version in the news on the forums. Just wondering if anyone with an ati card is using it and what they think and if you are using the latest drivers from ati with it? I also noticed they have 6.10.1 out now, but not sure what it fixes. I might try it out and see how it plays with milkyway.
    As far as I know, nobody has an application yet that supports it. Milkyway still uses the same old system, Collatz has an app that will download and runn automatically BUT only with Crunch3rs special client software. They also have an app that works like the Milkyway ATI app. Let us know if you find anything.

This is kind of funny. With cooler weather I am gearing up to come back. I was just going to ask which Boinc client would be good to get. I am currently running 6.4.5. I am using a Nvidia card so proper support for that would be nice. Should I just get the newest BOINC client?

I will be adding a quad running Linux since I have taken on LinuxMCE as a challange. So far it seems to be working!
    Last edited by thezfunk; 08-29-2009 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
    This is kind of funny. With cooler weather I am gearing up to come back. I was just going to ask which Boinc client would be good to get. I am currently running 6.4.5. I am using a Nvidia card so proper support for that would be nice. Should I just get the newest BOINC client?

I will be adding a quad running Linux since I have taken on LinuxMCE as a challange. So far it seems to be working!
    Another long lost frog returns. Unless you have a supported ATI card I would suggest Boinc 6.6.36. It provides decent Nvidia support with a few scheduling issues. If you are coming back next month, checkout our POTM it also supports Nvidia. Which card are you going to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Big red View Post
    Another long lost frog returns. Unless you have a supported ATI card I would suggest Boinc 6.6.36. It provides decent Nvidia support with a few scheduling issues. If you are coming back next month, checkout our POTM it also supports Nvidia. Which card are you going to run?
    GTX 275

GTX 275
    Good deal. I think you'll be amazed at how much credit it will earn. Make sure you use the 190.xx drivers and you shouldn't have any problems. It should be useable on:
    Seti
    GPUGrid
    Milkyway
    Collatz
    Aqua if they decide to provide more work.

I have the 186.18's. I have stayed with them because of some bugs my friends have experienced with the 190.xx versions. Why do I need the 190's?

I have the 186.18's. I have stayed with them because of some bugs my friends have experienced with the 190.xx versions. Why do I need the 190's?
    Most projects that run Cuda apps are planning to move to Cuda 2.3 and will therefore require the 190.xx drivers to support it.