Live in the Oakland/Bay area? You can attend the AMD Experience Event FREE!

That's right! If you live (or want to travel to) the Oakland/San Francisco/Bay area and want to attend the "AMD Experience Event" on the evening of September 10th, you can do so FREE as a reader of PC Perspective!

What exactly are they going to be showing there? To quote:

... for a non-NDA sneak peek of new AMD products, unreleased games, and some incredible technology demonstrations that have to be seen to be believed. There will also be some mini-LAN gaming to be enjoyed, contests and giveaways, tunes, and a chance to mix and mingle with the top AMD engineers that make these products possible...
    If you have seen any of my recent posts from Quakecon, you MIGHT have an idea what this is about...

What might be an even bigger draw is the location:

... we’re also doing something a bit different this year that we’re keen to involve you in. The evening of September 10th, we’re inviting community members to join us on the USS Hornet...
    The USS Hornet is a retired aircraft carrier, the very one that picked up the Apollo 11 astronauts.

http://www.uss-hornet.org/

If you want to join me at this event, all you have to do is RSVP with AMD directly by sending an email to MonicaAMD@gmail.com with your information and telling her that you want to attend. While it is a big ship, space is limited so it's a first come first served basis. Email soon and tell them PCPer sent ya!

On a side note, if you do attend, be sure to find me and say hello! I'd love to meet any of our PC Perspective readers!!!
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Re: Live in the Oakland/Bay area? You can attend the AMD Experience Event FREE!

What kind of idiot would live down by the docks in Oakland?

Oh wait, that would be me.

See you there.

Toad-ally awesome! ;D
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective

Hi Ryan and Colleen!

I sent an email to Monica at AMD but have not heard from her as of Wednesday morning Sept. 10th. Too bad, because it sounds like fun and...I only live 15 miles from the event.

Thanks and love your podcasts and website!

If you sent an email but didn't hear back, my guess would be to just show up .

Ryan, thoughts?

Thanks Colleen...we will wait on Ryan's thoughts because it is a private party. It's not even posted on the USS Hornets website.

p.s. LOVE your new haircut!!
    Last edited by linstur; 09-10-2009 at 04:07 PM.

You never got a response? That's really odd. I'll find her and ask what's up for you.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective

I will keep on waiting...thanks Ryan!

Sadly...I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by linstur View Post
    Sadly...I missed it
    You didn't miss out on anything all that interesting... don't worry.