5850 power consumption.

looks right in line with what ive seen

now lets see folding@home on it

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: 5850 power consumption.

Hmm, I just realized I might get two of these instead of a 5870X2.

The 5870s are over 10" in length. And Ill bet the 5870X2 will be even longer

My case only support up to 9.6" video card and the 5850 is 9.5" (according to hardocp) so.........

Maybe Ill just crossfire two of em.

sounds good. i wouldnt pick early retail tough. wait a bit unless you have to have one now. they are quiet, but there is a little hum from the fans wich if you have the case right next to you youll want to silence down a bit

im curious what gigabyte will come forth with, seeing as how nice looking AND quiet their zalman cooled cards can be

add a couple 120mm fans overhead to drop temps by 10+ celsiusD.S.C-12(2)-disclaimer : whatever u do with your hardware/software is your
    responsibility, which i dont hold if u break anything

GRAB here OcBible v1.55 and Guidemania v1.21
    scary pooch?pooch#1taking ball from dogpooch pulln on ropeme on board after 2 years
    of no board
    http://gonny.se/ <-cool lady http://www.mediafire.com/?8dmg21ms1vx
    IN MEMORY OF HOW BM WAS TREATED HERE...

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Im not getting anything till December.

In any case Ill probably get an Asus due to the voltage tweaking it has built in

Do people really find those voltage mods to be useful? I've never had to worry about voltages, I mean I use a custom bios for my two Sapphire 3870s, so maybe that increases the voltage and I just don't know because I really didn't compare BIOS voltage specs. But anyway, I've never had to OC the graphics card enough to warrant a voltage increase.

Besides, once I OC my system to the absolute brink of insanity, usually bumping the vid card about 60-100 mhz core, and 100 mhz on the RAM chips gives me what I'm looking for, and without voltage tweaks. Anything higher I feel gives slows the cards down. Maybe its because of the darn voltage needs to be bumped but either way, I just back down 5mhz from there and its the sweet spot. Anything more really doesn't add much, a couple FPS. Nothing great for games, unless you are sitting at 29 FPS and need that one extra or something, hehe.... But if you are trying to push that 3dMark score, then I guess it could be handy. I just hate over volting my parts, even CPU, I just "feel" like the CPU is dying, its all in my head, but I just feel its more of a challenge for me to OC without adding any more voltage than stock voltage to my hardware. The more voltage you run, the faster those lanes with widen and its hard to carry a signal, it may takes years for that to happen, but whatev
    ANTEC 1200 Gaming case that is actually worthy of the name!
    1x200mm, 6x120mm fans all with speed controls outside of the case!

Gigabyte MA790FX-UD5P
    AMD Phenom II x4 940 200x17@1.36v = 3400 Mhz, Stable up to 3. w/ 1.40v
    Mushkin DDR2 PC1066 w/ ASCENT 5-5-5-15
    WD VelociRaptor 300GB(SB750) + WD2500AAJS x2 RAID 500GB SATA(On Gigabyte SATA 2 RAID chip)
    XFX ATI Radeon HD5850 900/1200 1.12v 42c load 65% fan (19283 3Dmark06)
    LG GGC-H20L Blu-Ray and HD-DVD fw1.03(Darn lightscribe and CD's do NOT work though!)
    OCZ GameXstream 700w PSU

Doublesight 24 in. monitor w/ Samsung S-PVA true 8bit Panel 1920x1200

Microsoft Windows 7 x64

SENNHEISER HD555 Headphones