Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Re: I hate windows 7

i'm using 7gb right now in win7 64. thats out of 8 total :/

never seen it go this high. the culprits? firefox is using 1gb (i still don't know why they can't get memory leaks under control) and sidebar is using 2.5gb.

i guess it's probably a bad gadget and a bad extension or two in the case of ff.
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Vista and Win 7 also use a portion of unused memory for caching. ( Vista being excessively aggressive before SP1.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Vista and Win 7 also use a portion of unused memory for caching. ( Vista being excessively aggressive before SP1.)
    Just disabling superfetch solves that issue. And should definately be done when running off SSD's.
    ..::J.S.L::..

Email: jsl@jslenterprises.net

I actually very much like Win7 except for the much too frequent hard freezing I experience coming out of standby. It seems to be happening even more frequently as time goes on. I can't seem to figure out the problem. Very frustrating. I'm to the point where I might just reinstall or maybe try a upgrade/repair install first.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I actually very much like Win7 except for the much too frequent hard freezing I experience coming out of standby. It seems to be happening even more frequently as time goes on. I can't seem to figure out the problem. Very frustrating. I'm to the point where I might just reinstall or maybe try a upgrade/repair install first.
    i hardly bother with standby or sleep with my desktop rigs, always seems to be a compatibility issue.

i will say sleep worked very well in win7 on my current desktop the few times i've used it.

laptops it always works fine, something to do with the custom rigs we all build that generally causes issues though. it seems to have gotten much better, but apparently not 100%
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    well what games are they?

i have 196 games on steam, all work.
    All three Battle For Middle Earth games, both C&C Generals Games, and a classic Win95 game called Golden Nugget that has a full 32bit installer.

i hardly bother with standby or sleep with my desktop rigs, always seems to be a compatibility issue.

i will say sleep worked very well in win7 on my current desktop the few times i've used it.

laptops it always works fine, something to do with the custom rigs we all build that generally causes issues though. it seems to have gotten much better, but apparently not 100%
    Yes never seems to fail on the 2 laptops I've had and I installed Win7 myself on the first one. The second one came with Win7 pre-installed so I expect that to work.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

I've only use it on my HTPC for the quick wakeup times. in my experience it works well about 90% of the time. The other 10% I wind up rebooting completely. I will say that win7 seems a lot better about it than XP ever was

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

I think is very nice that DVD burning speed is faster than Vista with like, the same windows DVD burn software however is different in one important area, it goes full speed in Windows 7

I thought of upgrading to Windows 8. Then I thought of this thread.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

I didn't really give much consideration to Win8. Win7 works great for me. Don't really see any reason to pay $70 to upgrade.

I got two free copies of it through my school as soon as it went RTM. I'd not be interested in it even if they gave me $70.
    My heatware

Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    I got two free copies of it through my school as soon as it went RTM. I'd not be interested in it even if they gave me $70.
    Win 7 or 8 ? I wouldn't turn down Win 8 for free.

I got 3-5 copies of windows 7 a few years ago, 2 copies of Windows 8. I made off with the free software, but it doesn't mean I have to use it!

All of my keys are on external USB drives I keep unplugged unless I need to access a backup, so I can't tell you exactly how many copies of 7/server 2008 R2/etc I have. Just that I'm a bit overequipped!
    My heatware