E6300 Wolfdale speedstep issues

Howdy again all. Been having some kind of fun with mt hardware of late. Here is my latest issue. I installed a E6300 Wolfdale (45nm) into my backup system. Basic Specs:

ASUS P5KC
    E6300
    4GB Corsair DDR3 1600
    EVGA 8800GT
    320GB Seagate SATA Drive
    Vista Ultimate 64.

Everything runs great, no stability issues at all. And I've got the processor OC'd nicely to just a hair over 3.6Ghz(365*10) stock vcore 100% stable Prime95 overnight. The issue is speedstep. It will lower the multiplier to 6x at low CPU loads as it's supposed to... but never drops the vcore ever. I've looked all over.. played with the power schemes and such but no success in getting the vcore to drop.

The vcore is reading at about the highest stock for that particular processor according to Intel's specs but not because I've changed it in the BIOS.. it's still set to auto. But even reading high... it should still drop the vcore when the multiplier drops. CPUZ is not the only software hardware monitor reporting this anomaly. Anyone have any ideas? I'm plum out.

TIA
    -Scoot
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: E6300 Wolfdale speedstep issues

Shouldnt it be off if your ocing?

Re: E6300 Wolfdale speedstep issues

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    Shouldnt it be off if your ocing?
    Not at all. Usually people disable it when they are trying to find the limits they can push their cpu to. But once that limit is reached.. I've found speedstep/powenow to be invaluable to keep OC'd chips running nice and cool when not getting hammered by apps that need the speed. This is the very first instance I've had this issue with either AMD or Intel processors. And I've OC'd a tonne of each.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper