feandro is offline nix the electoral college

Using Creative Xmod wireless audio & remote with Winamp

Hey all,

I've got a Creative Xmod Wireless setup to play music wirelessly from my computer to my stereo. After trying a few different devices, this one is definitely the winner - it works flawlessly with no setup whatsoever, sounds good, and wasn't too expensive (got it on sale for under $60).

The unit comes with a remote, and if you use certain media players you can skip through your songs etc. using the remote. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find how to make this work with Winamp.

My internet searching brought me to one explanation of an older X-fi system in which you could reprogram what each key represents, but it involved modifying files in the "Creative" directory . . . with the Xmod there is NO software to install (it's simply a USB sound card with built in wireless capabilities, so plug and play). I therefore do not have a directory with files to modify or even peruse.

Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by feandro; 12-02-2009 at 02:44 AM.

feandro is offline nix the electoral college

Re: Using Creative Xmod wireless audio & remote with Winamp

So, this was a few years back, but in case any others come looking, I did eventually find the solution:
    To allow Xmod units to control winamp, check the "enable default multimedia key support" box under Global Hotkeys.