Matching Case Frt Audio w/ Abit NF-M2 nView

Am a bit confused when it comes to hooking up the front audio when I’m dealing with individual connectors. Shown below is from the users manual for an Abit NF-M2 nView and after that is listed the connectors from the case front ports. As usual I have more connectors than pins for the CODEC connection and different nomenclature for HD. Can someone suggest who goes to where?? Would be nice to take advantage of the nViews HD but I’m also realistic if not possible with certainty.

2.6.6 Front Panel Audio Connection Header

This header provides the front panel connection for HD (High Definition) Audio, yet for AC’97 Audio CODEC connection, you must carefully check the pin assignment before connecting from the front panel module. An incorrect connection may cause malfunction or even damage the motherboard.
    ※ Please do not connect the “Ground” cable or “USB VCC” cable from the front panel module to the Pin 4 “AVCC” of this header.

Pin Assignment (HD AUDIO)
    1 = MIC2 L
    2 = AGND
    3 = MIC2 R
    4 = AVCC
    5 = FRO-R
    6 = MIC2_JD
    7 = F_IO_SEN
    9 = FRO-L
    10 = LINE2_JD

Pin Assignment (AC '97)
    1 = MIC IN
    2 = GND
    3 = MIC POWER
    4 = NC
    5 = LINE OUT R
    6 = NC
    7 = NC
    9 = LINE OUT L
    10 = NC

Here is what comes with the case…….

GRN = G (MIC)
    RED = Next R
    BLK = G
    PUR = Next L
    WHT = MIC
    WHT = R
    WHT = L

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Re: Matching Case Frt Audio w/ Abit NF-M2 nView

probably this:
    GRN = G (MIC)...
    RED = Next R.....
    BLK = G............2 = AGND
    PUR = Next L.....
    WHT = MIC.......1 = MIC IN
    WHT = R...........5 = LINE OUT R
    WHT = L...........9 = LINE OUT L

Set bios to ac 97,it looks like your front panel is AC97.Since there is no return audio listed for the header it looks like you will have front panel use only and not like older ac97 where rear panel audio works until you plug headphones in to front panel.

Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    probably this:
    GRN = G (MIC)...
    RED = Next R.....
    BLK = G............2 = AGND
    PUR = Next L.....
    WHT = MIC.......1 = MIC IN
    WHT = R...........5 = LINE OUT R
    WHT = L...........9 = LINE OUT L

Set bios to ac 97,it looks like your front panel is AC97.Since there is no return audio listed for the header it looks like you will have front panel use only and not like older ac97 where rear panel audio works until you plug headphones in to front panel.
    So best not to hook it up as most people will want to use the mobo (rear) hookup.

Thanks

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Well maybe I am not quite right, you may get rear and front , but without the function that plugging in headphones mutes the rear, you'll have to try it out to see if that's how it works.