Here we go........

Perhaps I should introduce myself to these forums.......

Some of you may know me from Seti.......some undoubtedly don't.

It may be a bit difficult to explain who I am without going over my life's story and the things that I have shared over the years on Seti.........

"It would take countless hours and cost hundreds of lives."

But, in a nutshell........

I am an alcoholic, manic depressive OCD.
    It has wrecked a lotta cars, and a lotta lives.

I am an OCD Seti cruncher who is currently in the top 15 or so Seti crunchers in the world.

I ask a lot, but I share a lot. I love kitties.......I am known as the kittyman on Seti.
    The thing that brought me to these forums was a link to some discussion about my gift to a friend for his kitty.

And I can get very dark sometimes.........but that is what I see the world to be at the time........it gets lighter on a good day.

I write kitty poems and share tunes that I love.

I get emotional.......drunk OCD's do that.

I believe in God, and kitties, and all that is good in this world. And sometime rail against all that is not.

I have been living on this 3rd rock from the sun for 52 years.....53 in a couple of weeks. I have done a lot of things that I am not proud of. But they make me who I am.

Sooooooo....accept me for who I am, or diss me.........
    I have been through it all......I can handle it.

I have been banned from many forums for speaking my mind.......hope it does not come to that here.

Meow.
    Thank you for listening.........

"And that's the way it is........"

Re: Here we go........

I know it's a little late, but I was locked out of the Seti forums.........

I heard this on my car radio going home one night..........
    A soldier's Christmas eve........

I pulled aside, because I was was crying, and could not see my way. I sat, and I listened.......And took me an hour or so before I could go on my way.

A wonderful poem........recited by a priest........from here in Wisconsin........

'All secure"

We all here in the States understand and acknowledge those who have given them the freedom to bitch about it........

Think, just a minute, think.

And now.........because I understand why.......

One of my favorite move clips of all time.......

Clint.....the man.......and....

UNfORGIVEN

Unforgiven........

Quote Originally Posted by msattler View Post
    I heard this on my car radio going home one night..........
    A soldier's Christmas eve........

I pulled aside, because I was was crying, and could not see my way. I sat, and I listened.......And took me an hour or so before I could go on my way.
    That was nice. Touched a cord here, seeing that we just lost 4 soldiers on Wenesday in Afganistan. Have a lot of freinds and family there right now. I always cringe when I have to read that some Canadian soldier has died. Then I brave it and read who it was, all the time hoping it wasn`t someone I know.

Thanks for that Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff35 View Post
    That was nice. Touched a cord here, seeing that we just lost 4 soldiers on Wenesday in Afganistan. Have a lot of freinds and family there right now. I always cringe when I have to read that some Canadian soldier has died. Then I brave it and read who it was, all the time hoping it wasn`t someone I know.

Thanks for that Mark.
    OMG.........how could I know??

Then this one should hold a special place for you too.....
    Travellin' Soldier.......

I and so many others owe soooooooo much to you and others that can never be repaid.......at least in this life. You never get enough thanks....

Thanks, scruffy..........

A little kitty prayer for you all..........hope you think it is enough.

RIP, soldiers.
    Last edited by msattler; 01-01-2010 at 04:28 PM.

One more for 'ya.......

Ijust came back from a War......

For fear of alienating you...........

But I will say this.

I support our armed forces and all they do.......without exception.

But I am a pacifist by nature......always have been.

It's our leaders I sometimes have a problem with.......LBJ and every one since then. JFK was killed because he was gonna try to uncover all the corruption in our government.
    (sigh, yes it's true....no matter what is in the record, they control the record.)

They have taken us to the edge......and now we have no room to back down.....so we are at the precipice.

So please forgive me if I post a bunch of anti-war tunes sometimes.......it doesn't mean I am dissing the troops.

In the distant past, their sacrifices really meant something.....I am not so sure now that their pain and suffering is given for such worthy causes.

There was a flap about the Dixie Chicks a while back.......
    They were RIGHT in questioning our commander in chief......as is our constitutional right to.......if we do not, who are we, anyway??

So, enough said for one post.........

I will try to sum it up in a couple of sentences.

Those who fight our wars are noble, just, and blessed.
    Those who force us to do so are not.

I hope you understand me.

There are no worthy excuses for spilling the life of another man. No matter what their beliefs.

Eve of Destruction.....
    Last edited by msattler; 01-01-2010 at 05:26 PM.

I, for one......shall live for the day when we no longer have to speak of war or kill our fellow mankind........I think most in the military would go along with that......
    The grunts........those that really have to do the deed.....not the ones who sit in their ivory towers and direct the show.Or the ones who stand to gain the most by it's misdirection.

God save them.

Halleujah.

Quote Originally Posted by msattler View Post
    I support our armed forces and all they do.......without exception.

But I am a pacifist by nature......always have been.

It's our leaders I sometimes have a problem with...
    I think many here can respect that. I've had similar thoughts. I really wonder where some of these decisions for war comes from. I'm sure I'd be discussed if I found out the true reason. Yet I'm sure one way or another it just comes down to money.

As free citizens living in free countries, we must always question our leader's actions. Our governments are meant to be here for the people. So the day we stop questioning them is the day we loose our freedom.