Auzentech Announces New Product Shipment

I received this in my email this weekend.

http://auzensupport.com/pommo/user/m...238791cfb93c34

I think this might be what I am looking for. My specifications include:

-PCI-E
    -Headphone Amp
    -Quality
    -Non Creative - unfortunately this card fails at this one but you can't win them all, right?
    -ASIO support? -- this one I am still not sure about.

Re: Auzentech Announces New Product Shipment

This card is still an X-Fi, though not made by Creative.

I gave up on Creative and Creative based cards, too many issues with their cards/drivers, and I for one, was sick and tired of everytime I had a problem, uninstall the drivers and card control apps, and reinstall, just to straighten the things out.

I'd be curious to see how the reviews pan out for it. Their previous cards were very good, even for an XFI, and were not using the Creative drivers. This, in and of itself, made it a much better card.

Personally, I had a XFI Xtrememusic, and it lost a cap because I got it caught on my shirt while removing it from my system. Going from it to my onboard sound was like night and day.

Never had any of the reported issues either that Creative seemed to be plagued with, such as the crackling.
    Rig:

Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma @ 3360 Ghz @ 1.475V (14.5x223)
    (NB: 2240, HT: 2015)
    Gigabyte MA-790X-UD4P
    Sparkle GeForce 9800 GTX+ (755core, 1350 mem)
    Onboard sound (yuck)
    4GBs Mushkin DDR800 (6/6/6/18/24 @ 928mhz)
    2x74GBs RAID 0
    2xWD 1TB HD RAID 1
    Plexter DVD Burner
    Rosewill 530W

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy983 View Post
    I'd be curious to see how the reviews pan out for it. Their previous cards were very good, even for an XFI, and were not using the Creative drivers. This, in and of itself, made it a much better card.
    sorry but I have to disagree , my old auzentec forte does use creative drivers , same with my old prelude . Creative drivers realy drag down a system, I realy noticed the difference when I dumped the auxentec and installed my bluegears card . So bottom line is wheather the card comes from auzentec or creative , it is still creative drivers
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

I stand corrected, but my main point was, I've never experienced any of the problems others have with Creative cards or their drivers. Maybe it's because I don't use half the features they support, like CMSS or Crystalizer, but overall, I've never had any issues.

Even when upgrading to Windows 7 everything worked fine with their Beta drivers. It was just unfortunate that the card got damaged. The above soundcard seems solid, and like I said, I'd be interested to see the reviews on the card, because I'd also be interested in the card.
    Rig:

Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma @ 3360 Ghz @ 1.475V (14.5x223)
    (NB: 2240, HT: 2015)
    Gigabyte MA-790X-UD4P
    Sparkle GeForce 9800 GTX+ (755core, 1350 mem)
    Onboard sound (yuck)
    4GBs Mushkin DDR800 (6/6/6/18/24 @ 928mhz)
    2x74GBs RAID 0
    2xWD 1TB HD RAID 1
    Plexter DVD Burner
    Rosewill 530W

Lightbulb Re: Auzentech Announces New Product Shipment

I've always had Creative sound cards all the way back to 1993 and no problems. Yes, of course, we had the IRQ problems and all the BS that went with that but it was solved. Of course, I never bought an X-Fi either and continue to use Audigy2 cards, so that could have something to do with it.
    Skaarj-laptop:Asus G750JW-NH71,Win8.1,Corei7-4700HQ,12GB DDR3 RAM,Nvidia GTX 765M 2GB,Realtek HD,TSST CDDVDW SN-208DN,WDC 750GB HD...
    SkaarjMasterDuo:WinXPSP3, Core2Duo E8600(Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P),Noctua NH-C12P,4GB Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 RAM,Nvidia EVGA GTX-750Ti 1GB,SB Audigy2 6.1,Klipsch 5.1 sats,Dayton sub,Pioneer VSX-819H-K rec,,Enermax 850W PSU,Lian-Li PC-71B full tower,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T,2-1TB WD HDs.....
    Dragonslayer (at Mom's house now): WinXPSP3, P4 3.2GHz(Asus P4P800-Deluxe),Thermalright SLK-947U,3GB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM,ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256MB,VGA Silencer,SB Audigy2 5.1,Seasonic 500W PSU,Silverstone FT01-B mid tower,LG DVD burner,Asus E616P3..
    Dragon1: (off for now, will not boot) Win98SE, AthlonXP 1900+(Soyo SY-K7V Dragon+),Thermalright AX-7, 512MB Crucial 2.5 DDR PC2100 SDRAM MSI GeF4Ti4400,SB AudigyGamer,Enermax 431W PSU...

I received a reply back to my message.

Thank you for contacting Auzentech.

Yes, we ship the X-Fi Bravura as soon as you place an order.
    Though X-Fi Bravura does not support ASIO, almost applications support ASIO, and you can use the program in your software itself.

We appreciate your support and kind interest in our product line.

Not sure what the response to ASIO support means but that is a downer. Now I need an upper.

I just ordered one. I'll see if I can post some thought about it.

Bought an audigy 2 ZS platinum, the connectivity and sound were amazing. Then creative decided to get screwy, even in windows XP, with their drivers.

Probably because they couldn't beat it.

A guy, daniel_k, fixed the drivers many times. Creative got onto them. THAT was a PR disaster, enough that I won't order from them or order a part with their chip again until there is something truly innovative with their cards or parts.

It doesn't make sense that Auzentech wouldn't use creative drivers, they certainly didn't rewrite everything from scratch to work with the chip they use. It'd be like EVGA rewriting nVidia's drivers from scratch to make their cards work
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Nice card... but no HDMI?

Intel 7820X, ASRock X299 Taichi, 32GB DDR4 3200, Radeon 290X, 8TB WD Gold with 32GB Optane cache

I got mine and have been using it for about a week. So far it's a solid card. I don't use many of the 'features' because I don't like to color my sound. It fixed my issues that I had with my Revo and Windows Vista/7...or rather it doesn't have the issues I had with my Revo 7.1. The headphone amp is pretty sweet.