memory on Intel system

I know AMD uses dual channel because that is what I've been building but this socket 775 Biostar board dosen't mention it.
    There are only 2 memory slots and Biostar states it will support up to 4 gig though their supported list is quite limited. So I'm quessing this thing only runs in single channel. Is that right? If that is correct would one stick of 2gig be better than two 1 gig sticks? Also, if I use one 2gig stick I should be able to add another with the same specs later w/o a problem right?
    Biostar P4M900-M7 FE, Inte Core 2 Duo E7400, Win7

Re: memory on Intel system

I'm betting its dual channel. What model is the board? I'm guessing it's not the one in your sig 'cause that one is listed as having 4 slots.
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. No it's not the one in my sig. that's an AMD board. this new one is a P4M900M7-FE. Neither the manual or the website tells much about memory configuration.

According to a couple product pages (online stores) descriptions it is indeed single channel.

I saw a couple boards (an MSI and an Asrock) with the same chipset that say dual-channel but they were also online stores but I think they are mistakes because the sites for those boards don't mention dual-channel either.

So yeah, I'd say single channel.
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

I see something like that every once in awhile. It's usually the result of a company building a board for a niche market. The board was likely originally created at the request of an OEM like Dell or Emachines or something. Something super-super cheap or compatible with some overstock of something they needed to unload.

Sometimes I can spot chipset and standard mismatches, which probably is a direct cause of dropping dual channel.

It's sort of rare for them to end up on the DIY market. But you only run across them looking for something unusual. Like something compatible with your coffee-maker, or something in the price range of thirty bucks. It's a fringe mobo. Like fringe science.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?

Sorry for the delay in getting back, busy work schedule.

This board was originally purchased by my nephew to replace a board he thought had croaked. He needed the 2 IDE channels and this was all he could find at the time.

So again, if I'm correct I should be able to mismatch memory w/o a problem?