No boot with AHCI and MA785GMT-UD2H

Just got a MA785GMT-UD2H and AMD Athlon II X3 435 Triple Core Processor Socket AM3 2.9GHZ and Kingston KVR1333D3N9k2/4G memory. Using a WD 1TB and created a primary partition for Windows7 x64 outside of Windows so as not to get the additional partiton that Win7 creates if it formats the primary partition. Well the system will not boot off the Windows7 DVD to do the installation IF the AHCI is enabled in the F3 bios on the motherboard.

Re: No boot with AHCI and MA785GMT-UD2H

Why use AHCI? You may be asking for problems....

May be?? Please explain your comment.

I've had this problem with several SATA opticals on AMD boards. My suggestion, is to move the optical to SATA 4/5 or whatever the higher numbered SATAs are. Then in BIOS, you can set the low numbered SATAs to AHCI, and the high numbered ones to IDE mode. This assumes you are not using them for a RAID array.
    AMD R7 1700x. MSI B350 Tomahawk. 2x8gb Corsair vengeance LPX. Coolermaster Hyper 212 evo. Corsair Carbide 200R. EVGA GTX 970.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_raider View Post
    I've had this problem with several SATA opticals on AMD boards. My suggestion, is to move the optical to SATA 4/5 or whatever the higher numbered SATAs are. Then in BIOS, you can set the low numbered SATAs to AHCI, and the high numbered ones to IDE mode. This assumes you are not using them for a RAID array.
    Yes that fixed the problem.