Thread: Patriot Memory

Patriot Memory

I am going to buy some faster memory for my comp. I found this patriot memory all my friends tell me its good but I have never heard of them. Anyone have any feed back good or bad.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220431
    this what I am thinking about buying.
    Oh I didn't Recoognize you with all the blood

Re: Patriot Memory

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ID=skim267X417

what set up if intel should be ok
    P5Q Deluxe
    Intel QX 6700
    8 GB OCZ
    60 GB Vertex drive
    ATI 5850
    SILENCER 610 WATT

Is there any better ram out there or is this pretty good ram (as good as corsair xms) lol
    Oh I didn't Recoognize you with all the blood

It's probably decent. IMO. They've been around a few years. Not much drama.

Over the years, I've read more good things about Kingston than any other brand.

A word to the wise: Looking at RAM latency is a complete waste of time. The true variables those numbers come from do absolutely nothing in the real world. It's a huge marketing gimmick. When SDR was going out, and original DDR were coming in, people noticed that lower-latency memory could have its timings relaxed slightly and obtain a higher synchronous bandwidth. They allowed higher CPU overclocks. But you couldn't relax timings on something that had high timings already. They were considerably more limited then.

The true concept I just pointed out above, was actually truly lost on most people even then. Lower timings actually only gives you such a tiny bandwidth increase that it is literally impossible to notice. It was really a rough way to determine RAM quality in combination with default voltage based on user experiences. Then, the user could get a higher raw synchronous overclock out of the system (the CPU and memory combined). "Latency", which is a complete misnomer used to reference timings, originally was never thought of as a RAM speed enhancer in itself. It was voodoo for overclockers, my friend.

The technology is far different now.

But if you know your customers are still looking for "low latency" modules, you're going to continue the marketing hype. Gimmick.

The most you can say is that theoretically, all things equal in comparison between two modules except the timings, the lower timings module may be slightly higher quality. Unfortunately, actual mileage varies widely. Mostly dependent on what the CPU and motherboard dictate are the proper settings for that module. They are in fact, different between different combinations. And since memory manufacturers do not use a unified method of testing, it is worthless to even think about. End of story.

If not overclocking, IMO, the best criteria are plain reliability.

If you're going to overclock anything if even just the CPU, I would see about a higher speed module than that. Like DDR3 1600 or something, just for instance, I don't know what works in your system overclocked. But research as best you can before buying of course. I personally don't have any experience with the new breeds yet.
    ...Does anybody else feel like Congress simply bailed themselves out? Isn't that what they really mean by a bailout?