Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Watercooling for HTPC possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by jedihobbit View Post
    They were all the same .........Enzotech VGA-IS!
    shit lol. no idea how that happend... sigh now I have to go find those links again

edit- well I dont know what the 3rd one was now but one of the others was this one: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=23993 I am thinking the Enzotech does look better though. If it can cool a 260/280 series it should be great on a 250. Hopefully I can mount it sideways. I cant see why it wouldn't. Probably gonna get that..
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 04-14-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Re: Watercooling for HTPC possibly?

Well after completely dismantling this setup today I realized one slightly worrying thing. The space between the front and the motherboard is significantly less than I thought it was. The max space I can get up front for the radiator and fans is about 3-3.5". The latter requiring it to be above the mobo and against the gcard with some modding needed to the metal frame behind the front face clip. The radiator and fan is going to be (at least acording to DD specs) a total of 3.12" this way. In other words it's gonna be a close one

Otherwise theres plenty of room length and height wise. and I should be able to make everything else work fine. Tonight or tomorrow I am going to paint the interior black. I also have the top panel preped for cutting for the acrylic top window. I am also going to cut the hard drive cage in half since I really just dont have a need for 2 hard drive bays.

Theres a lot to do, but it's going to be super cool (in both senses of the word hopefully) when it's done.

Re: The lean mean green HTPC Watercooling Project |Worklog + Opinion Requests|

Be sure to take plenty of pix!! Will be curious about that GPU water block, looks very futurestic!! Also for some reason Cameron's Alien comes to mind.......

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Well I started doing some of the paint work today. It went well with everything except the front cover panel. When I was doing the primer it pooled somehow a bit it one area and got all messed up. frantically trying to fix it made it worse... So I am going to have to let that dry and grab some sandpaper tomorrow and redo it. Pics!:

^ the back plate for the acrylic front piece and the I/O shielding. No idea why it looks like a messed up bit on the right part of the front backing piece. It is actually fine looking in person.

^front view of case frame

^the •••• up
    I did rush it a bit as it was windy and I was in a hurry but it's not going to need to be perfect because its all interior bits (which will likely be covered by parts). Only part that needed to be perfect was the front cover which I did screw up lol.
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 04-15-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Oh man not someone else that paints like me!! I always rush, spray too heavy, and always manage to get some kind of trash caught in it!!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11
    Oz1a v2.0 >> XFX MDA72P7509 750a, PI X2 8870BE, 2 x XFX GTS250, WD 250GB, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Tt TR2 600W, XP Pro SP3

Well I had the cutting of the top panel and the hard drive cage done today. It came out fantastic! I didn't do it myself I let an expert handle it

^top cover. Ready for the acrylic piece to be riveted on. Thats coming soon. I also need to repaint it obviously.

^The hard drive cage. It sits like that in the case. I cut it so I could mount the radiator further to that side of the case. I realized the power cable for the video card would interfere with it fitting on that end.

Moving along!! When you get all of your w/c stuff do a group shot!

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11

Moving along!! When you get all of your w/c stuff do a group shot!
    Thanks, will do. I think I am going to order it monday from performance-pcs. That site is much cheaper than danger den and they have a ton of cool shit on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Thanks, will do. I think I am going to order it monday from performance-pcs. That site is much cheaper than danger den and they have a ton of cool shit on there.
    I have been a fan/client of performance-pcs since they made my first modular psu back around '02!! They can seem to be a little high on some stuff but sleeving is psrt of the deal and they were doing this long before others offered it.

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11

Well this project has been put on hold. Another project (car upgrades) has taken priority for certain reasons. I will probably still be posting some updates this weekend.

I intend to put the watercooling part of the project off for about a month or so but this weekend I will probably buy the acrylic and rivets. If the weather wants to not be rainy and cold again this weekend I will redo the painting and finish it up with some clear coat. Basically I intend to assemble the case together the way its going to be without the watercooling parts. Aka the window mod, paint and drilling.

Isn't amazing how life can get into the way of plans!!

Hope to do a little painting this weekend on several projects, as you stated.....if it warms up, stops raining, and the wind dies down.

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11

Isn't amazing how life can get into the way of plans!!

Hope to do a little painting this weekend on several projects, as you stated.....if it warms up, stops raining, and the wind dies down.
    Aye. you probably have been getting the same crap we have. It keeps being like super nice during the week and then horridly miserably rainy cold and windy on the weekend. So project work is nearly impossible to accomplish.

I've always got too many projects and not enough time/money (damn details ). Basically I have a high peformance car that I put a lot of time into and the plan was to be getting a new racing style hood for it sometime soon and at the same time redo the paintwork on the bumper. Well some jerkoff decided to ram into my car in a parking lot or something and put some bad scratches into my bumper. So I don't really want to wait on doing the hood/bumper work now.

What kind of "ricer" you running??

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11

What kind of "ricer" you running??
    lol not really a ricer. Its a 2000 pontiac grand prix GTP coupe. Haven't taken it to the track since the final build and it still needs a dyno tune but the 3.8L supercharged v6 has:
    -NIC cam
    -Pacesetter headers
    -Short Stack Intercooler
    -2.8" supercharger pulley
    -Borla Exhaust System
    -Projector style headlights
    -PCM
    -18" MB Black Drifter Rims
    -Thrasher Cold Air Intake w/ K/N filter
    -SC Lowering Springs
    -KYB Adjustible Struts
    -Fully upgraded/rebuilt Transmission

It should with good slicks run somewhere in the 11s maybe high 10s. Not really sure. I still gotta buy some new slicks and get the hood before I take it to the track again. Grand Prixs are great cars for racing and the record holder for a FWD grand prix powered by that 3800 II engine is 8.6582 @ 158.97 MPH. definitelly quick. Fortunatelly I live about 10 miles from where they make the parts and work on that car
    Pic:

When I get the carbon fiber SD hood I intend to paint that silver accent on the bumper to black as well as the grills.
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 04-29-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Dragster, huh! I was more into road racing myself a long time ago in a..........

Why F@H?? Click me!
    As of 07/28/11