I came up 30,000 short. oh so close.

I still can't believe it but I actually earned 970,000 credits for my March 4th crunching. It took me a couple of years to earn my first million, now it can be done in a day. I started in 2005, but I took at least a year off when I became frustrated by low numbers and the knowledge I could never afford multiple systems, that was until I Jan. 2009 when I added a Quad 6600 CPU and a GTX 260 video card, and I caught the GPU bug.

I feel sorry for the die hard crunchers who ran whole farms of CPU's for years only to have the GPU virtually allow people to catch up in a fraction of that time. I know they still had the enjoyment building some awesome systems but it still must sting.

The ATI's are producing almost an almost absurd number of credits at the moment, I wonder how the 400 series from Nvidia is going to do, even more absurd I assume. They lost their lead, and are taking their time releasing the next generation not rushing to get them on the market, so they better get it right after all the hype about them.

My number's now are more about helping out the frogs than anything else, and they are high enough at the moment to I hope to do just that.

Re: I came up 30,000 short. oh so close.

That are some awesome crunching, Schizo, any way you look at it.
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo1988 View Post
    I feel sorry for the die hard crunchers who ran whole farms of CPU's for years only to have the GPU virtually allow people to catch up in a fraction of that time. I know they still had the enjoyment building some awesome systems but it still must sting.
    Yeah, I still don't understand why that is. I hope ATI gets off their duffs and helps SETI@Home write the code for ATI cards - SETI@Home is still the one I want to do the most.

SETI cruncher since May17, 1999

If you had also been running Aqua at the time you would have easily passed 1,000,000 total credit for the day. Unfortunately they're currently out of the quick little FP units but the regular aqua work units are available if you're using a quad core or up.

wow thats some good crunching. I look forward to when I can do a mil a day. I would need about 9 more video cards to pull that off i think

nice!