Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newegg Problems

Thumbs down Newegg Problems

You've had to be living in a cave with no power, not to have heard of the problems Newegg has had with, shall we say Intel i7 CPU's that were not Intel at all. But I believe this is only the tip of the iceberg of problems facing this company. Here are a couple of recent examples that have encountered.

1) Buying a product (OEM) from Newegg that I had no way of knowing if it was really new, because the shipping label stated the return address as their RMA center.

2) when pkacing an order with a credit card/debit card Newegg charges the card within an hour (in most cases), even if it will take days for them to ship, but cancel the order in it takes them 3 to 5 business days to credit your account.

If they can charge your card within an hour, even on weekends, then they should be able to credit your account in the minimum of a day! All three of the reasons stated here, is why I have posted this and also the reason I will not be placing future orders with them.

Re: Newegg Problems

Not sure about issue #2 but issue # 1 has been noted before and not an issue. I'll try and find the post by Newegg rep. Got it

Quote Originally Posted by PowerHungry View Post
    You've had to be living in a cave with no power, not to have heard of the problems Newegg has had with, shall we say Intel i7 CPU's that were not Intel at all. But I believe this is only the tip of the iceberg of problems facing this company. Here are a couple of recent examples that have encountered.

1) Buying a product (OEM) from Newegg that I had no way of knowing if it was really new, because the shipping label stated the return address as their RMA center.

2) when pkacing an order with a credit card/debit card Newegg charges the card within an hour (in most cases), even if it will take days for them to ship, but cancel the order in it takes them 3 to 5 business days to credit your account.

If they can charge your card within an hour, even on weekends, then they should be able to credit your account in the minimum of a day! All three of the reasons stated here, is why I have posted this and also the reason I will not be placing future orders with them.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

You should probably not deal with NewEgg any more.

I don't intend to, there are plenty of good resellers out there!

#1 was an issue with the supplier, and I believe Newegg has stepped up to the plate on this one.

#2 is not only Newegg, but just about every other retailer out there. This is an issue with the banks. Blame them.

This is not a hot deal, nor a sponsors special. Please take your belly aching elsewhere.

Cool Re: Newegg Problems

You sound like you're on neweggs payroll! I've taken care of the matter, by not buying from them.

On a good note placed an order with Newegg yesterday @ 10AM and its out for delivery today Gotta love the NJ warehouse

03/17/2010 04:49:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY[I] MASPETH, NY, US
    03/17/2010 03:19:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] MASPETH, NY, US
    03/17/2010 02:35:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] EDISON, NJ, US
    03/16/2010 20:45:00 LOCATION SCAN[I] EDISON, NJ, US
    03/16/2010 14:25:00 ORIGIN SCAN[I] EDISON, NJ, US
    03/16/2010 00:06:45 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I've been ordering from Newegg for years with no problems. I just placed an order on Monday and tracking says it will be here on Thursday. And, yes, like someone else noted, gettting a credit always takes longer than a charge, no matter who you are buying from.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    I've been ordering from Newegg for years with no problems.
    Aye. Same here, 8 yrs of buying from the Egg. Have yet to find a better online vendor.

a 9.77 lifetime rating says it all:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Newegg

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    I've been ordering from Newegg for years with no problems. I just placed an order on Monday and tracking says it will be here on Thursday. And, yes, like someone else noted, gettting a credit always takes longer than a charge, no matter who you are buying from.
    I am with you , have used new egg for years and have had very few issues and when I did , new egg always took care of Me .

This guy is blaming new egg for slow credit card refunds , it is not new egg he should be blaming but the banking system , new egg has no control over that .
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

newegg is a good vendor however they have slowly been getting worse for the past 5 years. The newegg of 2005 was much better than the newegg of 2010. I understand their changes as some of their policies were just too damn awesome before. Used to get a 1 year no questions asked warrenty on EVERYTHING and free FEDEX shipping on EVERYTHING. I still use and recommend them but I do miss the golden days...

I have placed 2 orders with Newegg this week and had absolutely no problems. I have a Preferred Account with them and if I order by 12:00 noon PST it will ship the same day. I got 1 order in 2 days (shipped from Tennessee) and the other in the normal 3 days. As far as items shipping from an RMA address that has been beat to death, everything I have got from this address has been new in factory sealed boxes. The HDD I received today was in a small box in bubble wrap inside a bigger box. It came from Tennessee but had the RMA address in California on the return label. I have never had a problem with a HDD from them.

I buy 90% of my computer products from them and will continue to do so as long as their prices remain competitive and there service stays the same. I do compare before I buy and most of the time they have the best price and availability. And their RMA process is one of the best available, for this reason alone there has to be several $ difference in price before I buy elsewhere.

The biggest complaint I have with Newegg is when they ship products with their eggsaver shipping, take about 10 days for me to get a package.
    Last edited by curlysir; 03-18-2010 at 03:10 PM.

You sound like you're on neweggs payroll! I've taken care of the matter, by not buying from them.
    grow up, just because somebody isnt like you and dosnt blame banking issues on newegg dosnt mean they are on the payroll.

oh yes, and trolling reported.

I will re-state whats been said from PERSONAL EXPERIENCE dealing with cc/debit transfers(we use it at the office alot) refund time is 5-7 days not because of newegg, but because the banks want to be sure to get some profit out of the interest on that money in those 5-7 days or 3-5 days for some banks.

Sucks but it happens.

Note I got most of my last order from the "rma" addy, all of it was brand spanking new factory sealed.

the fake i7's are really a show of how good newegg is, I have gotten fake hdd's(real white label drive with fake mfg lable stuck over the white one) from places that took WEEKS to MONTHS to refund my money or send me an authentic drive.

a friend of mine was one of the people hit by that, he had a replacement i7 within 3 days of reporting it and sending them pictures, And they paid him to send the fake back with newegg shipping credit.

for somebody who is a retired mod you sure seem sheltered, in my life I have rarely seen such a good reseller as newegg, the few that i have seen have turned to shit or been bought out for their names.

1. You are getting new OEM merchandise... Newegg simply has a dedicated return center for handling refused deliveries and RMA's.

2. Delays in refunding your CC are due to your CC company's policies, not Newegg's

3. How about spending the 30 seconds it takes to review your order prior to clicking "Confirm Order"?

Intel 7820X, ASRock X299 Taichi, 32GB DDR4 3200, Radeon 290X, 8TB WD Gold with 32GB Optane cache

I own a business that takes credit cards. If I issue a refund today, it will take 3-5 business days to show on your account. This the fault of the banks and card processors involved and has nothing to do with the merchant.