Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newegg Problems

Re: Newegg Problems

zetachi,

I hate the NJ warehouse. All that sales tax I gotta pay now! But your correct, delivery is quick.

Butch

I have not yet gotten anything with an RMA label on it, but would return it unopened and COD if I ever did.

I don't like the change from FedEx to UPS as their main shipping carrier, but there are other alternatives out there and I buy from other vendors much more than Newegg now because of it.

Find myself buying a lot from Amazon these days. For no other reason then prices are very competitive.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    Find myself buying a lot from Amazon these days. For no other reason then prices are very competitive.
    I like buying from Amazon but I don't like sifting through all of the vendors that sell through Amazon. There are quite a few on there I've never heard of and their policies can be terrible, not to mention their shipping fees. Amazon is usually a great place to buy from...as long as you're actually buying from Amazon.

another quick turnaround.

Order placed 6/27/2010 @ 10 PM with 3 day shipping

Tracking number
    Ship date 06/28/2010 00:06:49
    Estimated delivery 06/29/2010

Destination KEW GARDENS, NY, US
    Service type GROUND
    Weight 15.80 LBS
    Status In Transit
    Date/Time Activity Location Details
    06/29/2010 04:36:00 OUT FOR DELIVERY[I] MASPETH, NY, US
    06/29/2010 03:47:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] MASPETH, NY, US
    06/29/2010 03:04:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] EDISON, NJ, US
    06/28/2010 20:44:00 LOCATION SCAN[I] EDISON, NJ, US
    06/28/2010 17:21:00 ORIGIN SCAN[I] EDISON, NJ, US
    06/28/2010 00:06:49 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]

Will let you know how quality of shipping and packing is.

Just received a MB and HDD from Newegg. 2 days for me from Memphis, Tenn. HDD was wrapped in bubble wrap inside a 10.5 " X 6.5" X 2" white box, this box was inside another box with the brown paper packing. The last few HDD's I have received have been shipped this way. The RMA warehouse issue has been discussed elsewhere and is not a problem. Everything I have received from that warehouse has been in new sealed cartons. I cannot say that I have had any real problems with Newegg. They are still better then most. Amazon has improved but prices are still not as good most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    I like buying from Amazon but I don't like sifting through all of the vendors that sell through Amazon. There are quite a few on there I've never heard of and their policies can be terrible, not to mention their shipping fees. Amazon is usually a great place to buy from...as long as you're actually buying from Amazon.
    Amazon was on my very short list until they caved into to NY and started charging tax. Now I buy from them only if they have some sort of special deal. I thought Newegg was going to give in as well, they charged NY tax for a few days and then switched back to no tax. Newegg is still my #1 for computer gear.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Well to add my 2 worth to this thread just had three orders with them fast turn around and good packaging. I have had items come from Amazon IE a replacement cell phone battery shipped in a shipping envelope. And Newegg usually gets my shipment out next day whether it is one piece or multiple items.
    Case Lian Li LanCool PC-K62 PSU Corsair HX850 Motherboard EVGA X58 E757 Video Card EVGA HD 570
    CPU Intel I7 930@3.5GHz Cooler CoolerMaster V8 Memory 6GB(2GB x 3) GEIL BLACK DRAGON PC3 12800
    DVD Drive LiteON DH401S DVD Burner LG GH22NS50 System Drive 60GB SSD Mushkin Callisto
    Additional Storage 300GB VelociRaptor 74GB Raptor Seagate 1.5TB Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Soundcard SB X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty PCI-E Headphones Razor Barracuda

Another plus. Ordered a new PSU to replace dead one. Order placed yesterday at 9:13 AM out for delivery today. 3 day free shipping My new rig came in two boxes. 1st one was the case which was delivered in the case box no outer box but all seems were extra taped including all the corners and edges. 2nd box was the rest. Packed in peanuts. MOBO box. PSU, HD wrapped in bubble wrap and taped and ram wrapped in bubble wrap and taped. all said fast delivery and well wrapped.

i have been shopping at newegg for years. to date i have gotten one pack of dud ram from them and it was handled more or less ok. the only thing that gets my goat is the fact that i am 10 min from there California offices and sometimes 1/2 my order comes from the east coast office.

A couple of possibilities:

1. Inventory and location make a difference. Most of my orders are shipped from the TN warehouse, and with 3 day UPS my items are here the following day. If an item I want is in another WH the delivery will take 3 full days AFTER my order is placed. I can place it at 0100 Monday morning and I won't see it until Thursday afternoon. My CC is charged within one hour regardless of where it ships. The automated picking process likely requires that. For an order to enter picking it must come from the billing computer, and the billing computer won't issue a pick unless the funds are secured. I worked for QVC and that's what they used and my NE deliveries seem similar so I am assuming NE has the same option. I do know the picking, packing and shipping were automated based on the picking ticket from the billing computer.

As far as returns and customer service I've had it both ways with NE. Return and wait but the turn around was fast the few times I've used it. The last time I had a problem was with a new MB still in the wrapper. The back plate was missing so I emailed NE and asked if I should return it or if they could send me a back plate. They refunded the cost plus S&H for the entire board. The board was perfect and I ended up using another BP with no problems. I had the board 3 years until my crack head nephew sold my PC while I was out of town. His ass went to jail BTW.....

2. When I worked for QVC there were varying customer service options made for buyers based on their history. Those who made frequent returns or claimed non-receipt were given standard CS service. Those with minimal returns, frequent purchases, or had spent a ton of money over the years were given some extra slack based on the rep's judgment.

If NE follows a similar practice it would explain why I got a full refund from NE on a $110 board for missing a back plate. NE also took the initiative to contact and inform me of a full refund I would receive for another another item based on my negative but objective review, although I can't remember now what the item was.

Like many others I have spent thousands with NE over the years and I have no explanation as to why or how they decide what to refund and what to exchange - I can only guess the rep is empowered to use use judgment similar to QVC. The items they refunded for me were regular stock items so it wasn't a case of not having the parts.

NE is not perfect. They are a business and like all businesses they have problems from time to time, but as e-tailers go they are the safest and most reliable I've found so far.

Just my .02. YMMV
    Never deprive someone of hope... it may be the only thing they have.

Perhaps I have just been lucky - I have ordered thousands of dollars of stuff from new egg never a problem and you know the shipping already
    I was drooling over the water faucets just the other day - they are starting to carry more merchandise so maybe they have growing pains -I hope they don't lose what we love.
    "Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect;
    a haphazardly selective memory;
    a set of preconceptions and assumptions
    so numerous that I can never examine more
    than a minority of them-never become conscious
    of them all.
    How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?"

Just recently ordered a new router. Order placed Monday 10 AM order received Tuesday, with free 3 day shipping Router box packed in outer box with packing paper. Router was $15 cheaper then Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    And no BS 15% restocking fee.

Amazon lost a lot of my business when they caved into NY state and started charging sales tax.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games