Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newegg Problems

Re: Newegg Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Amazon was on my very short list until they caved into to NY and started charging tax. Now I buy from them only if they have some sort of special deal. I thought Newegg was going to give in as well, they charged NY tax for a few days and then switched back to no tax. Newegg is still my #1 for computer gear.
    Amazon lost a lot of my business when they caved into NY state and started charging sales tax.
    repeating yourself len?

I buy a lot from amazon with my prime account (free with my student e-mail) and stopped buying a lot from Newegg once they built that NJ warehouse. If they have a really good price it can cancel out the sales tax and its basically free overnight as long as it ships from the NJ site. Unfortunately it doesn't always, and my recent order just shipped from CA. NE's price was still 30 bucks cheaper than anywhere else after tax

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    repeating yourself len?
    Some things are worth repeating
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    I buy a lot from amazon with my prime account (free with my student e-mail)
    anyone notice amazon started using a shipping company called lasership? i dont like them because they dont have up-to-date tracking info like fedex or UPS. and their drivers have a habit of leaving packages that require signatures.

Been a long time but Newegg actually disappointed me yesterday. I was looking to buy the Shell Shocker deal - ZALMAN CNPS10X FLEX CPU Cooler on sale for $35 ($25 after $10 rebate). They offered a combo deal which included a tube of Arctic Silver 5 for just $3 more ($7 combo savings) for a total price of $38. Each of the items individually had FREE shipping but together in the combo deal $6 shipping was added. So if I bought them separately it would cost me $45 ($35 + $10 AS5 + $0 shipping). The total combo price was $44 ($38 + $6 shipping) for a net savings of just $1, not the $7 combo savings they offered. Fail.

It's a little thing but I was disappointed nevertheless.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

Been a long time but Newegg actually disappointed me yesterday. I was looking to buy the Shell Shocker deal - ZALMAN CNPS10X FLEX CPU Cooler on sale for $35 ($25 after $10 rebate). They offered a combo deal which included a tube of Arctic Silver 5 for just $3 more ($7 combo savings) for a total price of $38. Each of the items individually had FREE shipping but together in the combo deal $6 shipping was added. So if I bought them separately it would cost me $45 ($35 + $10 AS5 + $0 shipping). The total combo price was $44 ($38 + $6 shipping) for a net savings of just $1, not the $7 combo savings they offered. Fail.

It's a little thing but I was disappointed nevertheless.
    I would have email or called them and brought that up. My guess is they may have given you the free shipping.

I used to not order drives from newegg. Am having a positive experience. I learned that TLER was no longer available the hard way. Started arguing with WD, opened an RMA with newegg. They were like "Yeah, just get it back to us if you need to within the 30 day limit, we'll refund you 100%, here's a shipping label."

Deal fell through with WD ( pacific geek had 400 gig RE drives, refurbs, ons ale for 30 bucks a piece, no way am I paying $170 for 'em! ), I'm sending the drives back to Newegg, am glad they have my back.

They do need to shape up just a bit more. If they were offering a 1 year warranty still, I'd not be meandering over to www.directron.com ( Texas B&M store that has awesome shipping rates to surrounding states and a really can-do attitude. I asked them if they could put an item on sale once, they were like "Yeah, sure, it's on sale now!" )

Newegg is still awesome. Rosewill ( house brand ) isn't. I order about 75% newegg, 25% directron now.

Haven't had the stones to try Amazon. Am afraid of their warranty services. Granted Amazon has been awesome with me on school textbooks. I was like "CANCEL THAT ORDER", they said 'We can't, just deny the shipment and we'll refund you really quickly', et cetera.
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

I have had quite a few dealings with Newegg recently and I can say their Customer Service is still very good. Here is a few examples:

1) Had to RMA a video card (5870) and they took off the restocking fee ($56) due to the card being defective (I don't know if this is usual practice or not, but it was nice regardless).

2)Just ordered a Gigabyte 480 GTX and then a few days later the card had a $50 off promotion. Even though I bought the card at a lower price they gave me a $25 gift card instead of the rebate. (I came out ahead on this.)

3) Ordered all my parts for my new PC and then the promotion codes came through a few days later, and they honored them as well.

Overall Newegg has come through for me lately. I don't think their Customer Service has suffered at all recently...
    i7 8700K with Cooler Master T4
    Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
    16GB Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4
    MSI 1080GTX TI DUKE
    WD 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB
    EVGA 750W Gold PSU
    Antec DF-85 Case

Quote Originally Posted by zetachi View Post
    I would have email or called them and brought that up. My guess is they may have given you the free shipping.
    I agree. Probably a glitch in the system since that really doesn't make much sense.

I purchased a couple of those Asus 9600GSO's on that same sale that you purchased yours. One of them had a defective fan. Newegg's automated system charged me a restocking fee for the return. I didn't have a choice since the item was deactivated and no longer being sold. I emailed them and not only did they refund the stocking fee, they refunded my shipping cost. When they refunded the shipping cost they went off of the FedEx receipt I emailed them. Well I had shipped another item on that same receipt so they accidentally refunded me for that as well. When I pointed it out to them they just told me that it was already done and no way to go back. He thanked me for pointing it out and being honest but let me keep it anyway. It was only like $7.

Usually when I am going to purchase something that I know I might return I get it from a local B&M like Microcenter. It's less hassle to return. I know that doesn't work for people that don't live near anything outside of a Best Buy or worse, but you might save yourself some headaches for only a few dollars more.

If you didn't already purchase that cooler Len you might want to take a look at the one that Doug has. That thing is a beast, and you can sometimes find it for under $30. It's $29.99 at Microcenter right now. I am pretty sure it performs better than that Zalman.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-065-_-Product

Has a $15 mail in rebate. If you don't mind those, that is one helluva CPU cooler for that price. Even with tax and shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB View Post
    If you didn't already purchase that cooler Len you might want to take a look at the one that Doug has. That thing is a beast, and you can sometimes find it for under $30. It's $29.99 at Microcenter right now. I am pretty sure it performs better than that Zalman.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-065-_-Product

Has a $15 mail in rebate. If you don't mind those, that is one helluva CPU cooler for that price. Even with tax and shipping.
    I already bought the Zalman. I'm fine with rebates. Do them all the time. I didn't know about the rebate on the Hyper. Might have bought that one instead. Oh well there's always a better deal right around the corner it seems. I'm sure the Zalman will be fine.

Edit: According to this review the Zalman CNPS10X Quiet actually outperforms and is quieter than the Hyper 212. I got the CPNPS10X Flex not the Quiet. The Flex doesn't include a fan but as I intend to use a slower/quieter fan (probably an Antec TriCool on low or medium) I'm assuming it will perform similar to the CNPS10X Quiet.

I do however need to decide if I should go the easy route and mount it on the existing bracket facing up or use the included bracket (and remove the motherboard I assume) facing back. The Vendetta I'm using now is facing up and performs fine (max 49C load over summer). I'm not sure how much difference there would be since my Antec 900 case has the top 200mm exhaust fan. Only drawback I can see is facing up the CPU fan might pick up more heat from the back side of the ATI 4870 as it's directly above it. Too bad Antec didn't include a cut out behind the motherboard on the 900.
    Last edited by Lenny; 11-24-2010 at 09:40 AM.

I already bought the Zalman. I'm fine with rebates. Do them all the time. I didn't know about the rebate on the Hyper. Might have bought that one instead. Oh well there's always a better deal right around the corner it seems. I'm sure the Zalman will be fine.

Edit: According to this review the Zalman CNPS10X Quiet actually outperforms and is quieter than the Hyper 212. I got the CPNPS10X Flex not the Quiet. The Flex doesn't include a fan but as I intend to use a slower/quieter fan (probably an Antec TriCool on low or medium) I'm assuming it will perform similar to the CNPS10X Quiet.

I do however need to decide if I should go the easy route and mount it on the existing bracket facing up or use the included bracket (and remove the motherboard I assume) facing back. The Vendetta I'm using now is facing up and performs fine (max 49C load over summer). I'm not sure how much difference there would be since my Antec 900 case has the top 200mm exhaust fan. Only drawback I can see is facing up the CPU fan might pick up more heat from the back side of the ATI 4870 as it's directly above it. Too bad Antec didn't include a cut out behind the motherboard on the 900.
    The Hyper 212 is $15 at the egg after rebate now that is a HOT DEAL.

The Hyper 212 is $15 at the egg after rebate now that is a HOT DEAL.
    And now it's free shipping. Yesterday when I looked shipping was $7.50. At $15 shipped a hot deal indeed.

For those Android users.

NewEgg now has their own app

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/14...29&safe=active

For those Android users.

NewEgg now has their own app

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/01/14...29&safe=active
    Got this the other day for my Droid X...

NewEgg shipped me a BIG hdtv FREE in 3 days.

Not complaining, love Newegg. have 7 pages of orders with them now.
    **left this site 01/29/11