Boinc-Pentathlon

Dear members of Team PC Perspective Killer Frogs,

From the 5th to 19th May 2010 SETI.Germany is arraging a completely new competition: the BOINC Pentathlon. This new cross-project competition is inspired by the Pentathlon of the ancient world.

Like in the ancient Greece we'll also perform this BOINC Pentathlon by running 5 different disciplines. This means within 2 weeks the participants will need to crunch 5 different projects, each for 5 days.

Each team that wants to participate in the BOINC Pentathlon needs to sign up here (possible until 1st of May).

More information regarding the BOINC Pentathlon can be found here.

Your participation is very much appreciated.
    SGMichaelR.

Re: Boinc-Pentathlon

Looks interesting!

Verrrry interesting . . .
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

i always wanted to win a metal!

Well, looking at some of the competition, we might get . . . pewter.

Zinc?
    ASUS A8N5X | Athlon 64 X2 4600+| Stock AMD heatsink and fan | 2x1G Corsair PC3500 | WD 250 Gig 7200/Maxtor 30 Gig 7200 | Sony DVDRW| NEC DVD/RW | eVGA 9600GTS | XPCBox w/Antec 500 TruPower PS | WinXP Pro SP3

Every day Gregory Peccary would get into his little red Volkswagen and drive to the ugly side of town, where they keep the government buildings.

You can count me in, and since it does not start until May 5th we have time to get more of the team on-board with accepting the challenge.

Dear Members of PC Perspective DC,

I want to remind them of the registration deadline 01.05.2010 for the Pentathlon.
    Greeting Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Scania240 View Post
    Dear Members of PC Perspective DC,

I want to remind them of the registration deadline 01.05.2010 for the Pentathlon.
    Greeting Michael
    Did anybody sign us up???? I will, just don't want to double up.
    Main Rig: EVGA 141-BL-E769-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 CLASSIFIED/WATERCOOLED ED. cooled by the Monster Water Cooling Setup
    HTPC One BIG Case Asus 8 CORE Monster
    ASUS: 5 * BIOSTAR: 1 * CHAINTECH: 1 * EVGA: 3 * GIGABYTE: 5 * SUPER MICRO: 1 *TYAN: 2
    180+ GHZ total power for PC Perspective Killer Frogs Rosetta @ Home Team as The Uncle B's!!

Spoiler!

I'm the Uncle your Aunt won't talk about. Go ahead and pull my finger!

I don't see our team listed yet, so go for it!

Did we sign up?

3. Boinc-Pentathlon

Hello Team PC Perspective Killer Frogs,
    Hello Friends from Team PC Perspective Killer Frogs.

Team SETI.Germany continues it's new invented challenge and invites all BOINC-Teams to participate in the 3.rd BOINC PENTATHLON, following the ideals of the ancient Pentathlon.

It will start May the 5th 2012 (00:00 UTC) and will end May the 18th 2012 (23:59 UTC).

Like in the ancient Greece, the Pentathlon will be held in 5 disciplines. That means within 14 days the participants will have to crunch 5 different projects, all of them for a period of 5 days. That said, you can easily see that some projects will have to be crunched at the same time.

Each team that would like to participate has to sigh up, until April the 27. th 2012. Like in the last year the favourites in the different disciplines can be chosen by every team on their own.
    The project that gaines the most voices will be crunched.

A list of the projects that can be chosen from can be found here, but you can also suggest other projects. (But before suggesting other projects, please check if the project and/or their servers would be able to withstand the combined BOINC forces. We do not want to bring any project server down.)

More information can be found here.

In the last year it was very exciting until the end.

PoHeDa
    Team SETI.Germany