windows 7 64 bit and creative labs audigy 2

got windows 7 64bit and creative labs audigy 2.....it seems that creative labs drivers are not very good.....i cannot even adjust windamp controls with creative drivers...anyone eles have troubles?
    #1-i5-3570k -asus sabertooth p67- asus r9 290
    #2-amd phenom II x6 1100T-asus M5A97-evga gtx 260
    #3-amd phenom II x2 560 (4 cores enabled) -BIOSTAR TA880GB -evga gtx 260
    #4-amd fx-6300- GA-990FXA-UD3-gigabyte -evga gtx 660
    #5-dell inspiron 1520-8600 gt

Re: windows 7 64 bit and creative labs audigy 2

Quote Originally Posted by geekkyyy View Post
    got windows 7 64bit and creative labs audigy 2.....it seems that creative labs drivers are not very good.....i cannot even adjust windamp controls with creative drivers...anyone eles have troubles?
    trouble with creative drivers ? Yea I had plunty of issues with them that why I dumped creative cards and went with a bluegears sound card , sounds fantastic in windows 7 64
    here is a new egg link
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829127002
    If you do decide on this card go to www.cmedia.com.tw and download their drivers windows 7 will thank you for it
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

Google 'daniel_k' for a potential set of drivers that will work.

Creative really, really messed up here. It's why I have a xonar and not my audigy 2 ZS platinum.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Another consideration are HT Omega sound cards. They have received great reviews, have excellent customer support, and according to their website have Windows 7 64-bit drivers.

Here are their offerings: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ption=ht+omega

Doesn't W7 have a compatibility mode for installing drivers that worked in previous versions of Windows? You might try installing the latest driver like this.

I've been using Creative cards for years. Getting ready to jump to Windows 7 64 and looks like I will need to switch brands.

Windrunner, how do you like the ASUS Xonar card?

I really like having front panel connections, like in the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. Do any other manufacturers offer this?

HT Omega models Stricker 7.1 and Claro offer front panel connections.

I can't speak to Audigy directly, but for my X-Fi sound card, there were some issues.

I'm currently using the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0013 with a release date of 26 Jun 2009. That seems to be the latest. A note to anyone else installing this driver over an older one. You will need to reinstall the Creative Console Launcher (I think I am using version 2.61.09 from 20 Mar 2009 still) in order to get the Creative Volume Panel to run and appear in the system tray again.

If you want to give this a whirl, try the drivers available at the Creative FTP site.

Intel E8500 @3.8GHz | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Arctic Silver 5 | Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R | Antec 900 case | (2) 2GB OCZ DDR2 800 RAM | 4x250GB Seagate in RAID 10 | MSI TwinFrozr Nvidia GTX 275 | Creative 7.1 X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion sound card | Klipsch ProMedia 4.2 speakers | Microsoft Natural Keyboard 4000 | Logitech G9X Mouse | Windows 7 Ultimate

I have the X-Fi card and with windows 7 64bit I have a constant annoying issue that has been plaguing me since beta. The driver occasionally on startup of the PC messes up and you get a red X on the sound icon and no sound. You have to uninstall the driver. Reboot. Install the driver again. Reboot. And MAYBE it will work. Happens about 65-75% of the time on startup. Hate it.. So yeah their drivers suck and they have sucked since Vista was in beta. Looks like it isn't going to change any time soon.

Actually considering just using the onboard audio that the GAX58-UD5 has
    Last edited by Bearded Frog; 04-05-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    I have the X-Fi card and with windows 7 64bit I have a constant annoying issue that has been plaguing me since beta. The driver occasionally on startup of the PC messes up and you get a red X on the sound icon and no sound. You have to uninstall the driver. Reboot. Install the driver again. Reboot. And MAYBE it will work. Happens about 65-75% of the time on startup. Hate it.. So yeah their drivers suck and they have sucked since Vista was in beta. Looks like it isn't going to change any time soon.

Actually considering just using the onboard audio that the GAX58-UD5 has
    Have you tried the Daniel_K UAA drivers? Much better than WDM IMO. Haven't had any problems with them on Vista x64 + X-Fi Platinum.

i5 3570k Windows 7 x64 gaming rig, Intel NUC SageTV server (2TB iSCSI storage), Intel i3 HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
    Have you tried the Daniel_K UAA drivers? Much better than WDM IMO. Haven't had any problems with them on Vista x64 + X-Fi Platinum.
    No I hadn't heard of those. I might have to check that out.

i5 3570k Windows 7 x64 gaming rig, Intel NUC SageTV server (2TB iSCSI storage), Intel i3 HTPC

Heh....silly Creative and all their driver issues is why I stopped buying their products. The HT Omega and ASUS Xonar products are very good alternatives and generally have better sound quality anyway.

I have a Xonar DX myself and it can be obtained very cheaply and sounds great especially with the easilly modded opamps and added power caps. I'm not a huge fan of ASUS software in general but it does the job.

Hi there i have a Creative sound blaster Audigy card which was the first one out, not the SE edition. I upgraded to win 7 64 bit from win xp at start of year and had to reload new drivers which got it all working ( a few pops and bangs , here and there on sound ) for my gaming needs. The only thing that didn't work was the joystick/ midi bracket which come with the sound card and my old joystick . Brought new usb joystick so that problam solved.
    So everything working fine untill latest win 7 update on 26/06/2011 & now no sound from speakers, downloaded newest drivers from creative site but still no luck!
    Managed to get on board sound AC97 working via front speaker port ( back not working ) so i think im looking at a new sound card if i want to have the best sounds for my gaming needs as not sure the on board sound will handle all the games.
    Doh! I just looked at the sounds on control panel as last resort & realised that head phones set as defult ! changed to creative & all working good now . Yeah! no need for new sound card!!! Must have changed when loaded latest drivers, which i didn't see.
    Last edited by daverave; 07-01-2011 at 03:38 PM. Reason: worked out what went wrong!