New build, trying to decide about which Gigabyte mobo to get

I will be building my system in April, or so I hope. Thus far I have chosen these components:

Corsair 800D computer case
    Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield CPU
    Corsair H50 Hydro CPU cooler
    6 GB of Mushkin or Corsair DDR3 RAM
    MSI R5770 Hawk Radeon HD graphics card
    Intel X25-M Mainstream SSD for my boot drive
    Western Digital Caviar Black WD10000LSRTL 1TB 7200 drive for storage
    Corsair or Seasonic 850W PSU
    Windows 7 Professional OEM version

The motherboard I was planning to get is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R but now I wonder if I should go for the GA-X58A-UD5 instead. The UD5 is basically the UD3R with - possibly - better cooling (bigger chip heatsinks) and a few extra features - a second LAN port, (which I don't really have a use for,) an on-board debug LED, a power/reset CMOS button, and an "advanced 12+2+2" power phase design. Are these extra features worth the higher price? What advantages are achieved by the power phase design? I am not planning to over-clock; is that what the power phase design is for? (Pardon my ignorance. )

Of course, the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 looks pretty nice, too, but i really don't want to spend that much money!

What are your motherboard recommendations?

Re: New build, trying to decide about which Gigabyte mobo to get

Apparently I'm not in the right forum.

Oh well, guess I'll go elsewhere for answers!

I think you'll be fine with GA-X58A-UD3R.

More phase power means more stable overclocks. Since you don't need any of those features, I guess GA-X58A-UD3R will be a good choice.

Thank you for your response, idoh.

From what I have read since I first started this thread, I think that more power phase means more power stability in general, but this is probably of more benefit for overclocking. Theoretically, to meet the Intel standards, an 8-phase motherboard like the UD3R is perfectly stable for stock speeds, and can still be stable for some overclocking.

I'm still trying to decide between the UD3R and the UD5, but I am leaning towards my original choice of the UD3R - it certainly makes more sense budget-wise! $60 more for the "extra" features of the UD5 doesn't really seem worth it. Besides, the UD3R is the recommended motherboard used in the PCPer Hardware Leaderboard March high end system!