Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Upgrade for Logitech MX Revolution?

Quote Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
    I may have more money than sense, but I ordered the Razer Mamba last night. If I like it, wonderful, if not I still have my trusty MX Revolution. The Mamba will be the first non-Logitech/non-MS mouse I have purchased for quite a few years - as well as the most expensive mouse I have ever purchased.

Guess I'll either find out what all of the hype is about (I hope) - or I'll find out why some folks have said to stay clear of Razer products.

Holly
    Please update us with your thoughts when you get it. I am interested in how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Please update us with your thoughts when you get it. I am interested in how it turns out
    I will let you know - after all, it's your fault I'm buying the Mamba! (j/k)

Now to buy a new game so I can put my new mouse through its paces..... Any excuse.....

Holly

Mainly FPS gaming? Forget Logitech:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ID=skim267X417

Quote Originally Posted by game4ever View Post
    Mainly FPS gaming? Forget Logitech:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ID=skim267X417
    Yes, mainly FPS gaming... Thanks for your MS Explorer suggestion, game4ever, but, despite what "real" gamers say about wired vs wireless, I don't like wired mice.

I still like Logitech mice, but I just ordered the Razer Mamba to try out a "real, made-for-games" mouse. I'm not the best gamer in the world....O.K., I'm not really very good at all.....but I still have fun playing.

Holly

Quote Originally Posted by OakIris View Post
    Yes, mainly FPS gaming... Thanks for your MS Explorer suggestion, game4ever, but, despite what "real" gamers say about wired vs wireless, I don't like wired mice.

I still like Logitech mice, but I just ordered the Razer Mamba to try out a "real, made-for-games" mouse. I'm not the best gamer in the world....O.K., I'm not really very good at all.....but I still have fun playing.

Holly
    I use both Logitech and MS mice. In fact, I have over a dozen "good" mice in a closet, lol. But I use the Explorer 3.0 for FPS games and Logitech for my RPG's and MMORG's (when I had the time to play this type).

For < $30 a MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 can't be beat.

I've had Razer mice too, they are way too light and finicky for me though. You might like them, many do.

I rather like the Razer Mamba. I haven't done much gaming with it as yet, so can't comment on the gaming profiles, etc., but the mouse feels comfortable in my hand, seems very responsive. (Of course, I have only used wireless "mice" for the last few years so perhaps if it does lack in responsiveness, I wouldn't notice. )

I haven't put it through any abuse as yet but it seems well built to me; it may be a bit lighter than the other "mice" I have used, as game4ever commented, but I guess that doesn't bother me - again, I have never used a "made for gaming" mouse before so haven't ever tried one that has the different weight choices, so I may not know what I am missing.

On the other hand, I can't say it is "the best mouse I have ever used" - I haven't been blown away by it in comparison with the other "non-gaming" mice I have used, though the blue LEDs sure are pretty - so I don't know if the high price premium is really justified.

Holly
    Last edited by OakIris; 05-16-2010 at 12:16 PM.