PC keeps crashing and restarting

I have been having this problem where my PC crashes at random times for about a month now, ive tried everything to fix it from reinstalling windows, new memory,new motherboard and removing graphics card. After all this the problem still persist at random times. My PC isent overheating i am monitoring the temps and its staying cool. the computer worked great for 5 months after i built it, then Firefox started randomly crashing on me one day and that when the problem started, What could be causing this? could my CPU have gone bad?

System
    4G ddr3 gskill ram
    Asus m4a78t-e motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
    650w corsair power supply
    Windows 7 OS

Re: PC keeps crashing and restarting

Quote Originally Posted by atticus9288 View Post
    I have been having this problem where my PC crashes at random times for about a month now, ive tried everything to fix it from reinstalling windows, new memory,new motherboard and removing graphics card. After all this the problem still persist at random times. My PC isent overheating i am monitoring the temps and its staying cool. the computer worked great for 5 months after i built it, then Firefox started randomly crashing on me one day and that when the problem started, What could be causing this? could my CPU have gone bad?

System
    4G ddr3 gskill ram
    Asus m4a78t-e motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
    650w corsair power supply
    Windows 7 OS
    What are you doing when it crashes ?

What does Windows' minidump file (created at each crash) blame?

Update the BIOS. Our company has had issues with M4A series Asus boards and Memory compatibility resulting in BSODs and random restarts.

It will crash at any given time, but today i could barley get it started it kept crashing after i type password to log in, it crashed and bsod and said Pfn-list-corrupt said that twice and 1 time it dident give specific reason.

event viewer said
    Faulting application name: AsusSetup.exe, version: 2.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: AsusSetup.exe, version: 2.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000096
    Fault offset: 0x0000d2d8
    Faulting process id: 0xab8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01caeee5dda69829
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Windows7\AsusSetup.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Windows7\AsusSetup.exe
    Report Id: 1cd26095-5ad9-11df-990c-485b390ba89f

I will try updating bios

Updated bios but on restart it seemed like it was about to crash. Start up are getting extremely slow compared to how fast it was a month ago

A few things to try:
    • Swap or test the PSU, regardless of what brand or how old it is.
    • Check the CPU, chipset and VGA temps.
    • Check the capacitors on the mainboard and on any add-on cards to see if any are leaking or bulging.
    • Test the RAM with Memtest86+. It's possible that either the RAM or the motherboard RAM slots are faulty.
    • Test the hard drive with the manufacturer's drive diagnostics utility.
    • Remove any add-on cards and strip it down as much as possible and see if it still crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    A few things to try:
    • Swap or test the PSU, regardless of what brand or how old it is.
    • Check the CPU, chipset and VGA temps.
    • Check the capacitors on the mainboard and on any add-on cards to see if any are leaking or bulging.
    • Test the RAM with Memtest86+. It's possible that either the RAM or the motherboard RAM slots are faulty.
    • Test the hard drive with the manufacturer's drive diagnostics utility.
    • Remove any add-on cards and strip it down as much as possible and see if it still crashes
    Psu is good, temps are fine, board is good, ran memtest it dient find anything, all cards are removed,hard dive is good
    Last edited by atticus9288; 05-09-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: miss spell