Okay, so the 'my system' is accurate to what I have right now. I have a C2Q 9450 @ 3.0 GHZ, 8 gigs of RAM, and a 9800GTX+. The GPU was weak when I bought it because I intended to quickly replace this build with a Ci7. Medical emergency happened and that $$$ went down the drain...soooo...
I've been considering a 5850 or GTX 470. Both of these cards seem to be 75 dollars too expensive for the performance increase I'd get. ( That's a qualitative, not quantitative estimate ).
I have a feeling the 470 would require me to get a new PSU and the 5850 would be slightly underwhelming in GPGPU performance - which is what my next graphics card will be doing primarily unless gaming companies drop steam and other rentware schemes.
Do I bother upgrading this season or should I wait another year when I'll build a CGI workstation?