Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

whether or not it's just a "conspiracy theory" only depends on one thing... that is whether or not certain people are willing to influence society in the way i wrote of above. with the building of that stupid thing right on the door step of ground zero, i think it's pretty obvious that there are people willing to influence society in that negative manner.

the only question left after that is whether or not they're willing or capable of staging a terror attack.
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

funding

http://www.observer.com/2010/politic...nd-zero-mosque

* SPECIALS:
    * August Hamptons Guide,
    * Educated Observer Fall 2010,
    * Neighborhood Spotlight: Long Island City,
    * Playground Fall 2010

* HOT TOPICS:
    * Andrew Cuomo,
    * Goldman Sachs,
    * The Wall Street Journal,
    * Fashion Week 2010

* Login
    * Register
    * Subscribe Today

* Home
    * Daily Transom
    * Politics
    * Wall Street
    * Real Estate
    * Media
    * Culture
    * Opinion
    * Specials

Untangling the Bizarre CIA Links to the Ground Zero Mosque

Email
    Print
    More...
    By Mark Ames
    September 10, 2010 | 2:36 p.m
    <br /> (Getty Images)
    +Enlarge
    Getty Images

So far, the debate over the proposed Islamic center near Ground Zero has unfolded along predictable lines, with the man at the center of the project, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, drawing attacks from the right painting him as a terrorist sympathizer with ties to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood.

But meanwhile, links between the group behind the controversial mosque, the CIA and U.S. military establishment have gone unacknowledged.
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

Subject seems to have gone quiet, I hope we didn't again turn the other cheek.

Since its in use already, but not adequate size wise, why not check where everyone comes from, (and ID everyone while we are at it) and ensure its being built where its best for the customers.

I don't have a problem with a "cultural center" any more than the "competitions" churches or synagogues, I just don't think its located in a sensitive, sensible or logistically correct place.
    the Britgeezer

My Heat otherwise a smoke free home

Like, I've said a million times. I support it only on the grounds of the 1st amendment.
    other than that I really don't care.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    Yup.. the majority don't even want it there... so let's fund it with taxpayer $$$. This guy should run for president. The moonbats love this type. Heck.. the MSM is already stroking him nearly as hard as they did the post turtle currently occupying the WH...

NBC Names Ground Zero Mosque Developer a "Person of the Year"

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Federal Funding for any religious establishment is BS.
    If they don't have enough money to build there mosque in that location, they should build it somewhere else.

As another election draws near; the G.O.P. are yet again filled with a stupid confidence that the they will win the White House. What they don't realize about people like Trump, Carson, and Cruz is that their rhetoric only resonates within an echo chamber, but not the American people. They live in an illusion of falsehood and distorted truth and only seek information and opinions that confirm these beliefs and instantly reject anything that contradicts them because only their opinions matter. Their notion of freedom is freedom for themselves and those alike to them, but not the rest of the country which has changed.
    These are the reasons why the G.O.P is set to lose in 2016. And when that happens, rest assured that they will have myriad of conspiracy theories blaming everyone and everything from the liberal media, to Oprah, to welfare moms, and pretty much everyone but their own disgusting selves.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Federal Funding for any religious establishment is BS.
    If they don't have enough money to build there mosque in that location, they should build it somewhere else.
    Yes again - you're doing good today!!!!!