N. Korea attacks S. Korea

ON the scale of Lebanon firing rockets into Israel, but they never had this before.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...523837910.html

It looks like that region is just as volatile as the ME. I wonder how Japan and China will handle it, politically

Re: N. Korea attacks S. Korea

Seems every couple years they kill a few folks on each side of the border seems like business as usual...China always calls for calm and then the stories fade away...

Not exactly like Lebanon since there was some deniability there. This is an open act of war.
    Brian

Then there was the South Korean warship they torpedoed & sank back in March this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    Not exactly like Lebanon since there was some deniability there. This is an open act of war.
    What always amazes me is that these North Korea/South Korea situations always go the way Madgamer described it. A few days or even weeks of "heightened tenseness" and it all goes away. I just don't get it. Any other country other than South Korea would be livid if another country started blowing up their people and property. S. Korea just goes back to building Hyundais like it never happened.

Obama needs to send Jimmy Carter to North Korea as a special envoy to clear this mess up.

Oh wait! That’s already been tried…

China needs to pull the plug on NK. It couldn't exist without them.

Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    A few days or even weeks of "heightened tenseness" and it all goes away. I just don't get it. Any other country other than South Korea would be livid if another country started blowing up their people and property. S. Korea just goes back to building Hyundais like it never happened.
    If what I've read is accurate, North Korea could reduce Seoul to rubble from bunkered artillery positions across the DMZ.

the way i look at it also, North Korea would have fallen if it wasn't for the direct Chinese involvement in the 50's. North Korea cant take a crap without Chinese permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_nVidia View Post
    If what I've read is accurate, North Korea could reduce Seoul to rubble from bunkered artillery positions across the DMZ.
    NK ... target practice for USN

Quote Originally Posted by /\/\adGamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enmore
    the way i look at it also, North Korea would have fallen if it wasn't for the direct Chinese involvement in the 50's. North Korea cant take a crap without Chinese permission.
    I think this logic needs one additional step and consideration-

The Chinese are behind this.

I think the choreography also has some origin in Beijing.

Perhaps someone is eager to try out some of the new technology our outsourcing has gifted them with.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

Let's see if I got this right. NK attacks SK. Kills some people. The UN decides that NK is therefore eligible for some cash. Oh and let's work on that PR campaign too. Hey NK, the first step towards good publicity is to stop killing your neighbors! God, I wish we'd get out of the UN.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11...d-north-korea/

I found this documentary about a year ago on North Korea and found it rather interesting: http://www.vbs.tv/en-ca/watch/the-vi...h-korea-1-of-3

I'm waiting for NK to mess up and take out some US troops stationed in the South. Then we'll see things really get messy.

Hopefully China can talk NK down as they don't want to hurt their growing relationship with the US. A war between North & South Korea would have huge repercussions with China's trade agreements with the US and other nations.

Crap-

http://liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com/2...m-north-korea/

North Korea rattled its sabers again Sunday morning and Fox News was there.

It happened near the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong, the scene last week of the North's artillery shelling which left dead, injured and wreckage.

This time locals said they heard blasts and saw flashes from the North Korean coast some 7 miles to the north.

Telephoto views also seemed to show activity around the artillery pieces.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

This would be extremely helpful in improving my opinion of China right now:

http://edmonton.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=EdmontonHome
    The U.S. and South Korea launched a four-day series of military exercises Sunday as China called for emergency meetings amid increasing tensions between the two Koreas.

Chinese officials finally stepped into the fray Sunday. In addition to Wu's call for talks, China sent state councillor Dai Bingguo to Seoul to meet with South Korean President Lee Myung-bak.

Lee asked China to take a "more objective, responsible" approach to brokering peace in the region, but also warned that his country would "strongly" answer any future attacks.
    And I think China needs to do more than a placebo effort. They need to get a treaty and "rearrangement of priorities" accomplished in the NK. They are capable of both.

William Jennings Bryan.