Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 578
  1. #46
    Joined
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,358

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Since the mosque is not even built at ground zero, but rather 'a few blocks away', a question to those opposing the idea: What is the correct and acceptable distance that a mosque should be built from ground zero?

  2. #47
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    a happy place
    Posts
    653

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Since the mosque is not even built at ground zero, but rather 'a few blocks away', a question to those opposing the idea: What is the correct and acceptable distance that a mosque should be built from ground zero?
    I say build it where it's not overlooking the site. The address for the proposed mosque is 45 Park Place and it is about 1,500 feet from Liberty Street which runs along the southwest perimeter of the site. At its proposed height of 13 stories I think it will pretty easy to view the site, and vice versa. Yes there are two buildings blocking a direct line of sight, but I don't think they are as tall (not certain, hard to tell on Google maps).

    MAP Anyone know how to make the embed thing work?

  3. #48
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,610

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pehu View Post
    Since the mosque is not even built at ground zero, but rather 'a few blocks away', a question to those opposing the idea: What is the correct and acceptable distance that a mosque should be built from ground zero?

    How many miles is it from ground zero to Afghanistan.

  4. #49
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Kern River Valley, CA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    21,610

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by old82 View Post
    and as for having discussions about the killing of many? what's to stop that from being brought into the arena anyway? these people aren't saints.

    there are people that are willing to go to war under false pretenses (the most recent being the iraq war).

    there are people that are willing to crash the economy (one of the results of that will be and most likely already has been starvation for some... and the loss of a life's work for many) of an entire planet for personal gain.

    there are people willing to kill jews for misguided pride.

    there are people willing to kill MANY millions of their own for the sake of power (Mao, Stalin).

    there are people willing to dissect other people alive (japanese and probably germans in wwII).

    there's no reason to believe human nature would stop such behavior.



    and again, why do you think that many people would have to be in on it?

    i mean, we did have the manhattan project, and we still have plenty of other dark operations that people don't know about. what's to stop it from being hidden especially with so much complacency about?

    Let’s talk about Obama’s birth certificate.

    Let’s talk about Obama’s religion some say he’s a Muslim.

    Have you checked with the fabled Dr. Mercola for the latest 911 info?

    I mean there is plenty of evidence if you find the right 15 minutes of fame internet conspiracy maker…

  5. #50
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    48

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    I have no problems with the mosque so long as the valet drop off point runs along supporting structure and has enough height to allow a Ryder truck.

  6. #51
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,498

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Yeah, that's real funny dude. Kinda shit that gets you reported to the FBI.

  7. #52
    Joined
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    5,358

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    Yeah, that's real funny dude. Kinda shit that gets you reported to the FBI.
    Hey! It can be funny, e.g. if he's into Metallica and gimp-action á la Pulp Fiction.

  8. #53
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    a happy place
    Posts
    653

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixels303 View Post
    I think it is clear that this issue is racially motivated.
    nuf said.
    It's easy to make baseless claims and then say the discussion is over. Racism is a serious accusation however, so I'd like for you to provide all the evidence you have proving your point. Thanks in advance.

  9. #54
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    It's easy to make baseless claims and then say the discussion is over. Racism is a serious accusation however, so I'd like for you to provide all the evidence you have proving your point. Thanks in advance.
    Not supporting the comment you quoted... but I just kinda want to point out that the first sentence... that you wrote... the one that started the thread... is:

    Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do they have to make sure their mosques aren't terrorist recruiting grounds?
    Which pretty clearly discusses that either the religion or the people who are in it are in some way non-peaceful.

    So... yeah... irony isn't the right word... but you understand.

    P.S. -- Keeping a building out of line of sight based purely on its religious symbolism... not really cool.
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 06-03-2010 at 07:09 PM.

  10. #55
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    5,171

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by tucker View Post
    Let’s talk about Obama’s birth certificate.

    Let’s talk about Obama’s religion some say he’s a Muslim.

    Have you checked with the fabled Dr. Mercola for the latest 911 info?

    I mean there is plenty of evidence if you find the right 15 minutes of fame internet conspiracy maker…
    yeah, because these people would never do awful things. i mean, they draw the line at destroying the economy of an entire plant. yeah, sure.... good people there, i tell you what.


    you're just too scardy to think what's ruined so many other countries could very well be ruining this one. whether it was satire or not, it is the book of management for all governments to some degree. our government has shown itself capable of the more negative acts depicted in this book.

    you've just never had to experience them.

    you ought to go read the prince by Machiavelli. it will cause the world to make a lot more sense for you.
    Last edited by old82; 06-04-2010 at 01:15 AM.
    Max Plank: "A new scientific truth does not
    triumph by convincing its opponents and making them
    see the light,
    but rather because its opponents eventually die"
    Arthur Shopenhauer: "Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized.
    First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is opposed. Third, it is regarded as self evident."
    Martin Niemöller:
    "When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats,I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.When they came for the trade unionists,I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;I wasn't a Jew.When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out."

  11. #56
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    a happy place
    Posts
    653

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Not supporting the comment you quoted... but I just kinda want to point out that the first sentence... that you wrote... the one that started the thread... is:

    If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do they have to make sure their mosques aren't terrorist recruiting grounds?
    Which pretty clearly discusses that either the religion or the people who are in it are in some way non-peaceful.

    So... yeah... irony isn't the right word... but you understand.
    You're right, no irony there. There is no relevance to the race issue either. Did you miss the quote that my line was refering to?

    After 9/11, George W. Bush told us Islam was a peaceful religion. After any major "event" (Bali, Madrid, London, Beslan, Moscow, Mumbai, etc.) the media continues to remind us that Islam is a peaceful religion. Ok, lets assume they're correct. Now lets see what Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the executive director of the Cordoba Initiative, one of the mosque sponsers, stated: "We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists."

    Something is not right here. So in response to the Imam's statement, I wondered "If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do they have to make sure their mosques aren't terrorist recruiting grounds?" Seriously, assuming Islam is peaceful, why is that necessary, why would the Imam have say what he said? He didn't simply say "Our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists." No, notice the first part of his statement, "We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists." That certainly implies A) Terrorists are attracted to mosques, B) Mosques are used to turn ordinary people in to terrorists, or C) both.

    By definition terrorists are not peaceful and the Imam admits they have to work to keep them out of the mosques. So yes, I don't think its a stretch to say there does seem to be something about either the religion or the people who are in it that can be viewed as non-peaceful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phopojijo View Post
    P.S. -- Keeping a building out of line of sight based purely on its religious symbolism... not really cool.
    Hijacking a plane and flying it into a building isn't very cool either.

  12. #57
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    You're right, no irony there. There is no relevance to the race issue either. Did you miss the quote that my line was refering to?

    After 9/11, George W. Bush told us Islam was a peaceful religion. After any major "event" (Bali, Madrid, London, Beslan, Moscow, Mumbai, etc.) the media continues to remind us that Islam is a peaceful religion. Ok, lets assume they're correct. Now lets see what Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the executive director of the Cordoba Initiative, one of the mosque sponsers, stated: "We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists."

    Something is not right here. So in response to the Imam's statement, I wondered "If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do they have to make sure their mosques aren't terrorist recruiting grounds?" Seriously, assuming Islam is peaceful, why is that necessary, why would the Imam have say what he said? He didn't simply say "Our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists." No, notice the first part of his statement, "We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists." That certainly implies A) Terrorists are attracted to mosques, B) Mosques are used to turn ordinary people in to terrorists, or C) both.

    By definition terrorists are not peaceful and the Imam admits they have to work to keep them out of the mosques. So yes, I don't think its a stretch to say there does seem to be something about either the religion or the people who are in it that can be viewed as non-peaceful.



    Hijacking a plane and flying it into a building isn't very cool either.
    I'll say it again. NO religion is peacefull. At face value they all are however they are always used to wage war and control.

  13. #58
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    48

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    I'll say it again. NO religion is peacefull. At face value they all are however they are always used to wage war and control.
    As is any other characteristic any group can find in common and then find different in others.

    The problem is not religion. Religion is a medicine war is a side effect. the problem is people who follow and refuse to think for themselves. The problem is anyone who would turn over responsibility for thier own lives to a religious leader, intellectual, guy who hits hardest , gets the most chicks, plays the sax and redefines the meaning of the word is.

    Anyone who chooses the opiate of social acceptance as their drug of choice is dangerous as they have no guiding inner conscience all thier thoughts and actions are made are right or wrong by how another responds.


    But truly is there a better way?
    I mean its worked for thousands of years. Power thirsty people use sheeple against each other and as a side effect control the population.

    Is individualism better? Can people think for themselves..maybe. Do they ...no. Got use to human nature not work against it.


    Education has given us the sexual revolution and dual income economy making it unfashionable to have children at a viable age. The ignorant breed without thought of consequence and the religious breed because its their duty... so what kind of ideologies(or genetic traits) do we expect to prevail.

    Instead of not using the (sheeple) qualities found in folks wouldnt it better to use it to accomplish something.. provide some type of value system. Give them a sense of pride that allows them to take demeaning labor that is necessary to maintain the enlightened ones standard of living ... I mean religion beats outright slavery and it redirects their anxiety in regards to not achieving self actualization by making them worry about their acceptance to some sort of alpha and omega . People fear the End. I can give other examples that arent religion that are used to give societal values perpetuate wealth and international conflict. Global warming... The sheeple buys a Prius and recycles. The Prophets forcast the end of mankind and The leaders use it to impose thier will on other countries... and perpetuate conflict.


    Again religion is not a problem, its a medicine, war is a side effect.
    Last edited by PSFRT; 06-04-2010 at 02:51 PM.

  14. #59
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    644

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    You're right, no irony there. There is no relevance to the race issue either. Did you miss the quote that my line was refering to?

    After 9/11, George W. Bush told us Islam was a peaceful religion. After any major "event" (Bali, Madrid, London, Beslan, Moscow, Mumbai, etc.) the media continues to remind us that Islam is a peaceful religion. Ok, lets assume they're correct. Now lets see what Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the executive director of the Cordoba Initiative, one of the mosque sponsers, stated: "We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists."

    Something is not right here. So in response to the Imam's statement, I wondered "If Islam is such a peaceful religion, why do they have to make sure their mosques aren't terrorist recruiting grounds?" Seriously, assuming Islam is peaceful, why is that necessary, why would the Imam have say what he said? He didn't simply say "Our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists." No, notice the first part of his statement, "We have worked to ensure that our mosques are not recruiting grounds for terrorists." That certainly implies A) Terrorists are attracted to mosques, B) Mosques are used to turn ordinary people in to terrorists, or C) both.

    By definition terrorists are not peaceful and the Imam admits they have to work to keep them out of the mosques. So yes, I don't think its a stretch to say there does seem to be something about either the religion or the people who are in it that can be viewed as non-peaceful.
    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ai5000 View Post
    Hijacking a plane and flying it into a building isn't very cool either.
    And you make an ass out of yourself again. What does that have to do with building an Islamic mosque where some window on some floor can see ground zero?

    ... unless it is motivated by religion or the race of people that comprise it.

    Have some BBQ sauce for your big toe. I think it's ready to eat.

    (Not that the first quoted part of your post was any less pointing fingers at Islam for its peacefulness... you just provided the perfect punchline at the end so I didn't need to write it.)
    Last edited by Phopojijo; 06-04-2010 at 02:34 PM.

  15. #60
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    47
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: NYC community board OKs ground zero mosque plans

    Seeing all of the sucker Muslim apologists here defend this action makes me want to puke. Go ahead and keep on defending a cult which treats women worse than dogs, squashes free speech at every turn, KILLS anyone that even shows a f-ing picture of Mohamed in any media, stands silently while certain cult members use Islam to satisfy their desire to kill for whatever cause they can come up with this week, infiltrates every free country they can and then demand laws be changed to make that country more Islam friendly (ie remove freedom of press by killing anyone with an even seemingly anti-Islam POV), etc.

    You apologists are complete FOOLS! Does it even cross your mind that in a Muslim country this type of open sharing of information is not allowed? Do you really think Muslims would be just fine if Christians announced they wanted to build a huge church right in the center of Kabul? If it did get built, how long do you think it would last before the inevitable suicide bombing? The ironic thing is that this new mosque will be THE safest building in all of NYC. I wonder why that is? It is SO disappointing to see citizens of a country that stands for freedom defending a religion that is the polar opposite and seeks to destroy it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •