In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Re: If I only had 5 grand.....

it all sounded almost reasonable ...until $800 for the case...come on now nobody is that insane!

Power supply may cause issues as this is a longer type of PSU.
    Your case absolutely sucks. Get something with room for air movement so components don't overheat. That case is "Fugly".

*I'd get a SB USB External Audio. They sound better and more versatile.
    *The WDC 2TB hard drive is awesome, but with the advanced format being an issue, I'd reccomend the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 drive. It costs half as much and works almost as quick.
    * RAID 0 using the SDD's actually lengthens the life of the drives. Good choice. It would be amazingly fast and enough storage space. You can easily do backup onto your 2TB drive for the inevitable failure of the SDD drive. SDD is fast, but fails more reliably than a HDD.
    * Video card is unquestionably the fastest card available and is awesome pricey. Because this card is so awesome, why would you need to use two in SLI??
    * for the money you plan on spending on the video cards, I'd pay the difference and get the Intel CPU setup. Intel is faster than AMD still, and you will notice your video working faster with a Intel motherboard and CPU. Otherwise, I am a big fan of AMD as they do offer superior value for the dollar, despite whatever small shortcomings they have.

Notes: If the cores matter to you, there is a 12 core socket G34 CPU which will work with a dual socket baby which would provide you with 24 cores of pure extacy capable of 64GB of RAM and four PCI-e 16X slots!

I drool.

For the case, I'd suggest a Lian-Li full size case for your system as it has room for expansion and room to breath. I think that the Lian-Li also is capable of installing two PSU's, so you can have one for your mobo and the other for your drives & video card. You can combine any brand of PSU with any other brand of PSU. You simply need to attach the green wire together, and when one of the two is plugged into your mobo, both will turn on and off together just fine. Just make sure you have a load on the one not plugged into your mobo, as it needs a load to work properly.

I like getting two PSU's over one bigazz one. Provides breathing and more plugs for peripherals.
    Last edited by Pixels303; 06-05-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    Two power supplies in one case (Connected the green wire) and a Thermaltake 550 PSU in the other.
    Two ASUS M2N-SLI Delux Motherboard
    Athlon X2-6000 and a Phenom 9850
    Big azz 11 bay server tower and a regular 4 bay full size tower. (Noname)
    A speedy PCIe based ATI 1950 chipset and a Radeon 5750 video card.
    4 Gig or 2 Gig Kingston brand (Total 6) DDR2-800 memory
    Around 19 Terabytes in 17 hard drives.
    I refuse to use DVD disks as they die by oxidization, get scratched and would take too many of them to write for the data I have.

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Quote Originally Posted by Pixels303 View Post
    Power supply may cause issues as this is a longer type of PSU.
    Your case absolutely sucks. Get something with room for air movement so components don't overheat. That case is "Fugly".

*I'd get a SB USB External Audio. They sound better and more versatile.
    *The WDC 2TB hard drive is awesome, but with the advanced format being an issue, I'd reccomend the Hitachi 2TB 7K2000 drive. It costs half as much and works almost as quick.
    * RAID 0 using the SDD's actually lengthens the life of the drives. Good choice. It would be amazingly fast and enough storage space. You can easily do backup onto your 2TB drive for the inevitable failure of the SDD drive. SDD is fast, but fails more reliably than a HDD.
    * Video card is unquestionably the fastest card available and is awesome pricey. Because this card is so awesome, why would you need to use two in SLI??
    * for the money you plan on spending on the video cards, I'd pay the difference and get the Intel CPU setup. Intel is faster than AMD still, and you will notice your video working faster with a Intel motherboard and CPU. Otherwise, I am a big fan of AMD as they do offer superior value for the dollar, despite whatever small shortcomings they have.

Notes: If the cores matter to you, there is a 12 core socket G34 CPU which will work with a dual socket baby which would provide you with 24 cores of pure extacy capable of 64GB of RAM and four PCI-e 16X slots!

I drool.

For the case, I'd suggest a Lian-Li full size case for your system as it has room for expansion and room to breath. I think that the Lian-Li also is capable of installing two PSU's, so you can have one for your mobo and the other for your drives & video card. You can combine any brand of PSU with any other brand of PSU. You simply need to attach the green wire together, and when one of the two is plugged into your mobo, both will turn on and off together just fine. Just make sure you have a load on the one not plugged into your mobo, as it needs a load to work properly.

I like getting two PSU's over one bigazz one. Provides breathing and more plugs for peripherals.
    Thoese optys cost a lot....
    also why does RAID 0 degrade ssds? In any case that could be corrected with a firmware update.

RAID 0 Doesn't degrade SDD's. Quite the opposite.
    SDD drives have a limited number of re-writes. The fewer writes, the longer the lifespan.

Whole idea of RAID0, is data is "Halved" between the two drives, effectively halving the writes to each drive. Makes it faster to write half as much data, so splitting up in stripes to many hard drives effectively speeds things up. Using normal hard drives in RAID 0 doesn't benefit from this effect, as they constantly degrade with use whether you read or write, as they have a infinite number of re-writes for the lifespan of the drive, unlike SSD drives
    Last edited by Pixels303; 06-05-2010 at 04:41 AM.
    Two power supplies in one case (Connected the green wire) and a Thermaltake 550 PSU in the other.
    Two ASUS M2N-SLI Delux Motherboard
    Athlon X2-6000 and a Phenom 9850
    Big azz 11 bay server tower and a regular 4 bay full size tower. (Noname)
    A speedy PCIe based ATI 1950 chipset and a Radeon 5750 video card.
    4 Gig or 2 Gig Kingston brand (Total 6) DDR2-800 memory
    Around 19 Terabytes in 17 hard drives.
    I refuse to use DVD disks as they die by oxidization, get scratched and would take too many of them to write for the data I have.

for a case i would probably do a Lian-Li PC-X2000B or the LIAN-LI PC-P80B
    Simple, Sleek and Monolithic ;D
    ..::J.S.L::..

Email: jsl@jslenterprises.net