Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy HELP... motherboard keeps rebooting endlessly... HELP

hello

I have p7p55d e pro , I5 750 . 2X2 1333 KINGSTONE , GTX 470 .

I had to travel with my pc so I took it apart and I carried it in my hand bag to make sure it is safe . when I arrived , I re-installed it again .
    Surprisingly , the mother board keeps rebooting for ever and no boot at all , no monitor data , nothing at all , just a short beep .

but the cpu led turns on (red ) just before it restarts , so I thought it's PSU problem (OCZ 600 ) so I bought GIGABYTE 720 , but still the same problem .

I have deleted the cmos using the deleting jumper to reset the bios and still the same problem .

I tried to reinstall my computer out side the case to make sure there is no short and still the same problem .

I have unplugged all cables from the mother board except for cpu able and mother board cable and cpu fan and turned the computer by activating power jumper , but the still the same problem .

I tried to run the system with only one ram , but still the same problem .

THE MOTHER BOARD DOESN'T RESTART ONLY WHEN I UNPLUG THE CPU CABLE , BUT OF COURSE NO BOOT OCCURS .

ANY HELP PLEASE !! MY HEAD IS GONNA EXPLOOOODE

This is exactly my problem .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Ty8...eature=related

Also , I have been overclocking to 3 (not much ) , is this a problem ?...I believe clearing CMOS should reset the default frequency .

GUYS , I noticed that the short beep doesn't occur when I disconnect the SATA POWER CABLE . When I connect it one single beep occurs .

I tried to run the computer with no rams at all , it gave me the same short beep .
    I expected it to give the no ram beep code but it did not .

Help please , I am loosing my mind !!

Re: HELP... motherboard keeps rebooting endlessly... HELP

Try the DFI/Abit Long Bios Clear. That often times fixes this problem when a regular bios clear doesn't. You must follow ALL of the steps. If you miss one you need to start over from step one. If that doesn't take care of it you'll probably need to try a better PSU or RMA the board.

1. Remove power from the rig by disconnecting the power cord from the wall outlet.
    2. Make sure the PC Speaker is plugged in.
    3. Remove the Battery.
    4. Press the Start Button on the case or motherboard and hold it down for a minimum of 30 seconds to drain the capacitors.
    5. Move the CMOS jumper to CLEAR.
    6. You may leave the board in this condition for as long as it takes to clear the CMOS. If a short 30 second clear or a 15 minute clear doesn't work, try an 8 hour clear then a 24 hour clear.
    7. Plug in a PS2 Keyboard.
    8. Disconnect all external peripherals plugged into the USB ports including mice, keyboards, printers, external drives, etc.
    9. Put one stick of RAM in the slot closest to the cpu.
    10. Replace the Battery.
    11. Move the CMOS jumper to Normal.
    12. Press and hold the Insert Key on the Keyboard.
    13. Apply power to the rig by plugging the power cord into the wall outlet.
    14. Press the Start Button to power the rig up while holding down the insert key.
    15. When you hear the BEEP, release the Insert Key and press the Delete Key on the Keyboard.
    16. Once you enter the BIOS set the DATE and TIME then Load Optimized Defaults.
    17. Save and Exit.
    18. Enter the BIOS again and set it up the way you want for your particular rig.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Thank you for your reply
    I did clear the CMOS buut only for 15 min , I'll try 8 hours although the manual says it only needs 2 min !!

What makes me very worried is this (I tried to run the computer with no rams at all , it gave me the same short beep .
    I expected it to give the no ram beep code but it did not .)

Why didn't it cgange the beep ?
    I heard that this might be the BIOS is dead or EEPROM is corrupted and I need to replace them ?

It is quite possible that the bios is corrupted. The bios is contained in an Eprom chip so that would be the same thing. That could also account for the beep not changing.

And did you clear the cmos using the method I outlined? If you didn't, then there is a good chance that it didn't fully clear. NOT removing the battery, not unplugging the psu, and not holding the power on button for a minimum of 30 seconds can easily cause a cmos to retain some of the corrupted code or settings.

I tried all all the steps you listed except for the 8 - 24 hours part .

The beep only disappears when I disconnect the sata POWER cable to the HDD !! and then the MB reboots silently with no beeps at all .
    Isn't this strange ?
    Last edited by r0rozx; 07-15-2010 at 01:18 AM.

It does sound like a corrupted bios to me.

So How to fix the bios on non-booting P7p55d e pro ?

If we fixed the bios and the problem is the same , so what then ?

What might cause bios failure ? Nothing wrong occurred ? I just took it apart and then rebuild it !!
    Last edited by r0rozx; 07-15-2010 at 02:48 AM.

Depends if the bios chip is in a socket or if it's soldered onto the mobo. If it's soldered then it normally requires sending it in to an authorized repair center to have it fixed. If it's socketed you can order a replacement bios chip or hot flash the existing one in another motherboard. Hot swapping doesn't always work though, and there is a danger of damaging the board you use to perform the hot swap. Either way figure it will take at least a week to get it fixed, if not longer. With that in mind an overnight or 24 hour cmos clear is a good idea.

A guy told me this>>

One option is to order a new EEPROM from Asus with the BIOS revision you want.. and the other is to remove the EEPROM and take it, along with a copy of the BIOS you want, to a local PC Shop that has a compatible BIOS flasher...

Ordering a new EEPROM is nearly impossible in the next 2 monthes , so I got the seconed choice .

How can I do it ?what is a compaible flasher ? What is procedures done ?
    In brief , how to install a new bios on my EEPROM exactly ? Does it need high tech equipment ? or just any other mobo ?

Oh and sorry for bothering !!
    Thanks alot for your help

I had a thought right now , tell me what you think ?

When I rebuilt my pc and the problem occured I suspected the PSU , So I tested it on a very old pc and it didn't work when I connect the 4 bin cable , so I bought GIGABYTE superb 720 watt and tested it on the same old pc and it worked ,so I assumed it's working.

I know that the CPU is a must for the Bios to run normally and as the bios is not working normally , the problem might be that the cpu cann't get full power to run even the bios (cpu led truns red just before restarting ) or the cpu it self got a problem .

Am I thinking right ?
    Is there a chance that the new PSU has also a problem , or the CPU has a problem ?

I have been overclocking to 3 and the ram were upto 1500 not 1333...May this be part of the problem ? I assume that clearing CMOS should get the default frequencies .
    Last edited by r0rozx; 07-15-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Refer to Section 2.7 of the manual. Those boards have a MemOK! switch on them - find out what the DRAM_LED is doing. Sounds like you might need to tune the RAM in again. If you can't get it to work with both sticks, try one stick on it's own and if need be, try another stick on it's own.

I had an issue with a very similar board where I had to use a different PSU to get it to work. You've got two PSU's, so I'd expect that you can get it working with either one of them.

FWIW, you shouldn't need to let the caps on that thing drain for more than about 15-30 seconds. Once the battery is out and the power cord to the mains supply is unplugged, that's all it takes for most PC's to flush the BIOS and drain the capacitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Refer to Section 2.7 of the manual. Those boards have a MemOK! switch on them - find out what the DRAM_LED is doing. Sounds like you might need to tune the RAM in again. If you can't get it to work with both sticks, try one stick on it's own and if need be, try another stick on it's own.

I had an issue with a very similar board where I had to use a different PSU to get it to work. You've got two PSU's, so I'd expect that you can get it working with either one of them.

FWIW, you shouldn't need to let the caps on that thing drain for more than about 15-30 seconds. Once the battery is out and the power cord to the mains supply is unplugged, that's all it takes for most PC's to flush the BIOS and drain the capacitors.
    I tried the Mem ok button , when you hold it the mobo starts and the ram led becoms red and never turned off _unless you unplug the power cable _ and the mobo keeps restarting forever .

When I run it from the power button , no leds trurn on except for the cpu led below the cpu which turns red just before restarting and the power led down on the left corner of the mobo is always green .

I tried running with one ram , both PSUs ,15 min clearing CMOS and others .
    But it's always the same , no difference !!

Have you taken the board out of the case yet? If you haven't done so already, remove it from the case and run it with just PSU, CPU (plus HSF), RAM and VGA.

Also - if you have another RAM stick, try that.

When you say the motherboard keeps restarting, you mean the LED's flick off and on and the CPU fan keeps slowing down and spinning back up?

According to his first post he has tried it outside of the case. He doesn't really say whether it's in or out of the case now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
    Have you taken the board out of the case yet? If you haven't done so already, remove it from the case and run it with just PSU, CPU (plus HSF), RAM and VGA.

Also - if you have another RAM stick, try that.

When you say the motherboard keeps restarting, you mean the LED's flick off and on and the CPU fan keeps slowing down and spinning back up?
    Please watch this link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Ty8...eature=related
    I've the same problem exactly