Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For PCPer Readers: Great deal on hosting from CloudWeb!

Hello everyone! I wanted to drop by and let you guys know that we are welcoming a new sponsor to the site, CloudWeb.com! This is a company I have been working with for over 7 years now and has been the host of PC Perspective and our forums for most of its life.

Jason, the companies CEO, will be along shortly to share a deal that will blow you away and be exclusive for PCPer readers!!!
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Re: For PCPer Readers: Great deal on hosting from CloudWeb!

Hello everyone, let me introduce myself. My name is Jason as Ryan has said and we've been hosting PC Perspective with Ryan for nearly 8 years now.

We have been doing Web Hosting for 12. Recently, we have rebuilt our entire infrastructure on Cloud and the technology is so efficient that we have a lot of resources being unused. Seeing as we were faced with this problem we could either slowly wait for natural marketing and sales cycles to make use of it, or just basically give some resources away to those tech-savvy people who can appreciate the technology, and in hopes that some of you may like it enough to continue being a customer in the long term.

Hopefully that sounds fair now here's the deal. We're just going to give you our largest account which is 250GB of Transfers, 25GB of Disk Space, UNLIMITED Domains, UNLIMITED Emails, and all the other goodies normally priced at $49.90/mo for $1 for 6-months. Not $1/mo, but $1 for the FULL 6 months. Why the $1 and not FREE? We need to verify you are who you say you are, and weed out any fraud. This helps ensure a stable environment for everyone. After that, we're going to even go further and discount it at 80% off for LIFE at $9.98/mo.

Why offer it so cheap moving forward? Simple. For those customers signing up with us directly for that plan they intend to use the resources that they are allocated. We know that by giving them away here, most people will not use them anyways but they are there if you want to. So, we thought let's make this really easy and just give away the biggest plan so no one needs to think about upgrading or needing things they don't have with the smaller ones.

You can see the full list of the features listed with our highest plan on the features page shown HERE.

Here's the instructions for signing up:

• Visit This Link
    • Choose domain option
    • 6 Month price will show $49.90/mo. *IGNORE THIS!*
    • Click "Update Cart"
    • Shopping Cart will show Hosting for $1 Semi-Annually
    • Complete order!

After the 6 months is completed, the account will revert to the 80% off for life pricing of $9.98/mo!

Now, what does the Cloud mean for you? It quite simply means SCALABILITY, REDUNDANCY, and INCREASED RELIABILITY. If we need more storage space, we flip a switch and it's there. If we need more CPU's or RAM, we flip a switch and it's there. If a server crashes the sites auto-repair in less than 5 minutes on another server which is why the 99.99% Uptime Guarantee. All customers data is constantly, and instantly mirrored to additional servers on the Cloud. It's Web Hosting, but it's Web Hosting without the common pitfalls in the industry today. That's why, after 12 years we made such a drastic move. This is where Web Hosting is headed. People demand uptime and reliability above all else so superior technology is necessary to achieve this.

Quick Cloud Web Facts:

• 12 Years of Success in Web Hosting
    • Cloud Powered
    • Owned Intel Nehalem servers, Owned Juniper switches, Equinix world-class Data Centers
    • GUARANTEED resources
    • 99.99% GUARANTEED uptime
    • 24/7/365 Support through Email, tickets, and live chat w/ average 19 minute ticket response time
    • Instant scalability
    • High availability and instant failover
    • cPanel and extras including Softaculous, RVSkin, RVSitebuilder, PostgreSQL, and Ruby on Rails

I'll do my best to respond to inquiries as quickly as possible on the forum, so feel free to post any questions or concerns here. Thanks!
    Cloud Web - Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting Services
    Cloud Web grows with your site, and even if a server crashes your site remains available.
    Cloud Powered, Affordable, 12 Years of Success in Web Hosting
    www.cloudweb.com - The Premiere Cloud Web Hosting Reseller Provider

When you say "unlimited domains" like... the .com's that are like $35/yr? I could register as many as I want? I ask because right now I have a 9.99/mo. plan and it came with 3 (so I registered a .com, .net and .org) so unlimited seems like a trick lol

Also, is there some kind of a fee for transferring those names? Does that depend on the current host? If it does depend on the current host, what's your policy about it? Like say if in the future I wanted to go to a different host, can I take the domains with me?

I guess what I'm asking is, once I register these domains, do they belong to me?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I don't know much about hosting - I just upload my stuff and expect it to work out lol

Thanks
    Last edited by Prime2515102; 07-26-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your interest. Unfortunately unlimited domains means unlimited domains hosting and not domain registrations. With the plans you can host as many as you like (as long as you are the owner of the domain and/or the business/website). We do offer domain registration and transfer services as well, this is $14.95/yr. Due to the way it works with the registrar's we do not have a way to offer a great deal on that as they are fixed costs for us.

Sorry for the confusion, and thank you for your interest.
    Cloud Web grows with your site, and even if a server crashes your site remains available.

Ok I see... I kind of thought that because I figured you'd still need to stay in business lol but I just thought I'd double check.

I'm still considering this because that seems like a fantastic deal...

Thank you
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

Yes it is a very hot deal. Cloud Computing based Web Hosting is more expensive than traditional Web Hosting but offers unique benefits as shown on our website. This is a very special offer for a limited time.

Thanks again for your interest.

Wow, what a deal! Looks like I have some decisions to make.

I think I might just sign on to make sure I get locked in the deal and try it out... $1 for 6 months is nothing.

I also don't see any listing for overages. In the incredibly unlikely event I would even exceed 250GB of transfer or 25GB of storage, what is the penalty?
    Last edited by Gator650; 07-27-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    Soy el caimán seis cincuenta.

Any autoinstallers that'll keep a CMS updated without my having to worry about it? I'm currently with hostgator because I help out a non-profit site and provide hosting, but if there's a comparable autoinstaller program that you guys keep updated I might be willing to switch.

I ask because I had one site that got targeted by spambots in a huge way, they just ripped it to shreds, and it was sitting at 120GB transfer/mo. Hostgator didn't even seem to notice it, they were as surprised as I was...

Hard choice.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

Hard choice indeed. I'm also still waiting to hear back from their tech support if they support FTPS (or SFTP) as well as SSL/TLS for email.

Gator,

Both a tech support representative and myself have replied. We do support SSL for Email.

At the moment, we do not permit usage over 250GB of transfer and 25GB of storage. To be honest, well over 99.9% of shared hosting customers ever come remotely close to that. If you were, by that time your needs would exceed shared hosting and you may be looking for VPS or even a Dedicated server as CPU/RAM limitations would become the problem at that point.

Windrunner,

Absolutely. We use Softaculous for one click installs. I'm personally a huge fan of this after using all of the previous ones and this is quickly becoming the market leader. You can check out their website at www.softaculous.com to see a live demo and the full list of scripts. There's over 140 currently supported.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Gator,
    Both a tech support representative and myself have replied. We do support SSL for Email.

At the moment, we do not permit usage over 250GB of transfer and 25GB of storage. To be honest, well over 99.9% of shared hosting customers ever come remotely close to that. If you were, by that time your needs would exceed shared hosting and you may be looking for VPS or even a Dedicated server as CPU/RAM limitations would become the problem at that point.
    Confirmed... you are all over the place today Also enjoyed the fast response.

WindRunner, $1 for 6 months is worth pointing a subdomain at to try it out. I think I'll sign up. I will pay your $1 if you tell me how it stacks up against HostGator

Also, I love cpanel, but does anyone know a better management tool for iphone other than just using safari (not that there is anything wrong with safari and the mobile edition of cpanel)

I'd love to say I'd be happy to, but with my back problems that limit what I can do in a day, website stuff gets pretty low on the totem poll, and unfortunately CMSes don't work well on a 'set it and forget it' basis, have to keep after them with updates...

But, I do have an unused domain name that I can try it out on. I meant to start a tech blog way back and have never canceled the domain name, (domain name expired) I'm going to go ahead and sign up for it.

My main use of my web space is to show off my CGI stills and animations, so bandwidth is a large concern of mine. Anyway, I signed up.
    Last edited by Windrunner; 09-16-2011 at 05:12 PM.
    My heatware

All students need to check out www.dreamspark.com

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

All signed up now. Thanks for the opportunity Ryan/Jason.