Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hacked Post?

Re: Hacked Post?

Thanks.
    Will do a reset.
    I checked Proxy and it is NOT checked. However, it has been before with one of those fake virus scanners. Maybe this is a left over from that?
    I don't recall the name of the malware, but it is the one that says there is a virus detected and they can scan and remove it for $29.99 or whatever.
    Malwarebytes appeared to remove it, in safe mode. I got this probably 6 weeks ago, or thereabouts. I had seen no sign of anything wrong since then, until the other day when these links began to appear.

Oh, and I don't think it is ebay afterall. Once I opted out of the ad thing I had in hotmail, I haven't received any more ebay banner ads. But I can't say with any certainty that these links are not a part of that.
    System Specs
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45C-UD3R <> INTEL E8400 AT 4.0GHz (445X9) <> XIGMATEK HDT-S1283R <> 2048(x4) G.SKILL DDR2-1000 <> XFX GEFORCE GTX 285 <> WESTERN DIGITAL 640GB <> REALTEK ALC889A AUDIO <> CORSAIR TX750 <> ASUS DRW-22B1LT DVD <> LOGITECH Z506 5.1 <> ACER 25.5" LCD(x3) <> MATROX TRIPLEHEAD2GO <> LOGITECH G500 <> GENIUS G-PEN F610 <> LOGITECH G25 <> LOGITECH G940 <> RAZER NOSTROMO <> NATURALPOINT TRACK-IR 4 <> 11240/2048 CABLE CONNECTION <> MS VISTA ULTIMATE X64

Sorry guys, I should have popped in earlier on this one. Skimlinks is indeed an advertising service we run on the site to help us monetize. The goal is to provide relevant advertising on the topics being discussed by done text analysis and link insertion. They are mostly unintrusive (are they not) and are still in a beta testing phase.

There are two versions:

1. Turn an existing link to a site like Newegg that you guys post that does not already have affiliate information in it and set the affiliation link to a mode that earns us credit.
    2. Searches for keywords in discussions to turn into links to relevant products. Ie, "Radeon HD 5830" might turn into a link to amazon.com page for HD 5830s.
    Ryan Shrout
    Owner, PC Perspective
    rshrout -at- pcper -dot- com
    --= Follow me on Twitter =--

Thanks Ryan.
    Perfectly fine then and I feel much better knowing it is just an ad thingy here and not something that is on my system.
    Also, if clicking the links helps the site, I don't mind clicking on them. When I see one like that, I will use it to help support the site

oh yeah, and NO, it is not intrusive at all. It does nothing to the users pc. As I mentioned, I ran scans and nothing showed at all. So it is safe and in no way annoying. There isn't even a pop up tool tip type window appear when hovering the cursor over them.
    They are my kind of ad, lol.
    Last edited by Formula One; 08-02-2010 at 10:35 AM.