Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Keylogger Monitoring software that is free?

Does anybody use these software? i am thinking i need something that monitors my PC. I am just not sure if my anti-virus will let me. I only seen ones you pay for. i dont want to lock down my computer unless I have to. I am curious about what other opinions have or feedback on software they used.

Re: Keylogger Monitoring software that is free?

I usually set traps on my PC. Shortcuts and menu options that kill the operating system in the event that unauthorized individuals use my PC. Only I know how to safely recover from that event.

Keyloggers.. Why?
    Two power supplies in one case (Connected the green wire) and a Thermaltake 550 PSU in the other.
    Two ASUS M2N-SLI Delux Motherboard
    Athlon X2-6000 and a Phenom 9850
    Big azz 11 bay server tower and a regular 4 bay full size tower. (Noname)
    A speedy PCIe based ATI 1950 chipset and a Radeon 5750 video card.
    4 Gig or 2 Gig Kingston brand (Total 6) DDR2-800 memory
    Around 19 Terabytes in 17 hard drives.
    I refuse to use DVD disks as they die by oxidization, get scratched and would take too many of them to write for the data I have.

well to know if when i babysitting and i go to the bathroom are kids writing things they should not? Seeing if my sister using it with out my knowledge as well as friends. I am curious because things are getting weird. I might use it for note taking also. they should be simple programs.

Just password protect all of the user accounts, set the system to require a password to resume, then put the computer into standby or hibernate anytime you leave it. Problem solved as long as you don't give anyone the passwords.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

^^^

I used to set my computers so the screen would blank after 10-15 min of sitting idle. Then require my user password to log back in. That was in case I forgot to lock it manually. Locking a Windows computer was alway easy. Simply press Ctrl + Alt + Del then hit Enter to lock it. If your hands are already on the keyboard, this takes maybe a 10th of a second, and no extra software.

it does not solve it and i hate passwords and logging in always. i still want to know a heylogger that i am able to use that is free and if any body has used one they liked. I usually leave and turn off my monitor.

I wish I could help, but I am in the password protect group as well.
    Soy el caimán seis cincuenta.

Use www.truecrypt.org to encrypt your entire hard drive if you have to, or just use a three character password and set your computer to lock after 2 or 3 minutes of inactivity ( screensaver settings ) like the other people are talking about. I used to use alt+159 ox to make ƒox as my easy password, and they aren't going to guess that. ( the 1, 5, and 9 have to be done on the numpad )

Because no one here can verify your identity it's unlikely anyone will teach you to invade other people's privacy, sorry!
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

^^^ Agreed.

You guys make me laugh, bunch of angels. i know about securing computers and everything. It is ok. i never use a screen saver and i hate logging in with a security could but everything else is encrypted. I mostly leave anything important off my computer and have internet and other things secure. So i am thinking many think it is morally not right to use a keylogger and just be secure. when should a keylogger be used then?

when should a keylogger be used then?
    something that a parent might do if they can't trust their children and for some reason i don't think you qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer77dd View Post
    well to know if when i babysitting and i go to the bathroom are kids writing things they should not? Seeing if my sister using it with out my knowledge as well as friends. I am curious because things are getting weird. I might use it for note taking also. they should be simple programs.
    don't see that it's any of your business what they do on a computer but your right to lock it down to keep them from using yours to do it.

ud

Quote Originally Posted by uddarts View Post

don't see that it's any of your business what they do on a computer but your right to lock it down to keep them from using yours to do it.

ud
    I would have to disagree with that. If he is the owner of the computer he has every right to know everything that anyone that he hasn't given permission to use it does on it. Considering liability laws, I would extend that to include anyone who uses it with his permission as well. If someone expects privacy they need to use their own computer not someone elses.

sounds to me to be a parental issue.

ud

http://www.keylogger.org/

my friend used one of these and found his wife had a bank account with over $20,000 in it that she never told him about. he found out she was emailing her ex-boyfriend. they split up about 6 months later.
    LOTS of Koolance water cooling hardware/cases/coolers/ for sale cheap. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    I would have to disagree with that. If he is the owner of the computer he has every right to know everything that anyone that he hasn't given permission to use it does on it. Considering liability laws, I would extend that to include anyone who uses it with his permission as well. If someone expects privacy they need to use their own computer not someone elses.
    i agree with you but still things can get a little difficult when you think about the law and how these these products are used. It maybe more what you do with the information after that could get you in trouble, like bank password. Privacy laws, might get phone tapping charges. someone on using your phone and you listening in, is this legal? I think if it prevent someone doing harm to themselves that it could be good information to know.