Question Help with OC Utility for A-64

Hello All.
    I have a K8K8MSR2 Jetway Socket 754 board. This has a VIA K8M800 Chipset. I do not have the option, that I can see, to lower the HT multiplier. I get to 2.2GHz (10x220) and 880 MHz HT and system hangs while bechmarking with Aquamark 3 and 3DMark 03. Is there a utility similar to AMD Overdrive for the VIA K8M800 in which I can adjust the HT frequencey and multiplier. I have 2 Athlon 64's I am playing around with: a 3000+ Clawhammer and a 3200+ Venice w/ E6 stepping.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks Guys

Paul Rosenquest
    Clarion, Pennsylvania
    Overclocking Enthusiast
    Various AMD Systems
    A64, AIIx2, Phenom II 955 BE

Re: Help with OC Utility for A-64

Try googling Clockgen.

Only software i ever used for overclocking and it was junk as most overclocking software is but many used to use it back in the day.

If the bios doesn't do what you need, don't bother.
    Gigabyte 890XA UD3, Phenom II X6 1090T,4Ghz 2600nb w/Corsair H50, 2x2GB and 2x4GB GSKILL FLARE 1800Mhz DDR3, PNY GTX570, OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB SSD, Intel X25 80GB SSD, Klipsch ProMedia 4.1, ASUS DVDRW, Corsair Obsidian 800D, Corsair 650W Professional series, Hanspree 26" widescreen, Cyborg R.A.T 5/Cyborg Gaming keyboard, Win7 64 Ultimate

very good chance your board does not have a pci/agp lock, so any increase of the htt is going to put them out sync and at some point cause hd corruption. if you can get it to run on your system it should show if the pci/apg goes above the 33/66.

reference: http://www.pcsupport.dk/software/ClockGen.html

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=189

ud

ClockGen will not run. My PLL is not supported. I am going to try the ATI Tool to set back AGP at startup. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Paul Rosenquest
    Clarion, Pennsylvania
    Overclocking Enthusiast
    Various AMD Systems

still not going to help the pci bus. your pretty well stuck.

if your system includes a reusable windows cd, you could get something like this and re install windows. what you need to look for are nf3 chipset boards.

AsRock (by Asus) nForce3 250

ud

OK, the ATI card OCs well with ATI Tool at system default (11x200) frequency but is a no-go beyond 220. So, I guess I will step up to an AM2 board with PCI-e 16x. Can anyone recommend a low-mid range PCI-e card? Maybe a Radeon X1900 GT or comparable?

I have been looking at the ASOCK boards and I have a couple questions. I know the nForce3 will overclock great but what about the GeForce 6100? It has the Hybrid-Booster software but will it perform as well a an nForce3? Also, should I just go for an AM2 board like Asrock Alivenf4g-dvi or similar and maybe get an Athlon 64 5000+ Black Edition? I want something a generation or so old that will still perform well but not break the bank! Any suggestion MBs, CPUs Mem, Video?
    Thanks

Paul Rosenquest
    Clarion, Pennsylvania
    Overclocking Enthusiast
    Various AMD Systems

ok

what is your budget going to be and are you planning to go new or used? micro or atx board? what do you intend to use the video card for?

I have been looking at the ASOCK boards and I have a couple questions. I know the nForce3 will overclock great but what about the GeForce 6100? It has the Hybrid-Booster software but will it perform as well a an nForce3?
    it could. got a link?

ud