raid 0 trouble with setup

MB: k9a2 platinum

OK, so i have X 250 GB sata drives and Windows7 64bit for the OS. i am having a very hard time setting up raid0.

i am doing a new install and i have the drivers on a usb drive and they install. but when windows launches, i get 2 drives still, not 1 250gb volume.

in the bios i have it set to raid so idk what else to do. i tryed several ways for the last 4 hr's...

any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: raid 0 trouble with setup

Quote Originally Posted by amd5150 View Post
    MB: k9a2 platinum

OK, so i have X 250 GB sata drives and Windows7 64bit for the OS. i am having a very hard time setting up raid0.

i am doing a new install and i have the drivers on a usb drive and they install. but when windows launches, i get 2 drives still, not 1 250gb volume.

in the bios i have it set to raid so idk what else to do. i tryed several ways for the last 4 hr's...

any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    Umm,

Stupid question follows...

Do you have the Bios configured for AHCI AND Raid ?

And also the correct Sata ports?

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=faq2show&faq_no=1939

i should add that i have the version 1 board. my sata ports are good and i do have it set to raid but i didn't see an option for advanced host controller interface in the bios, I'll look when i get home, thanks

Another stupid question.... but when you switched the bios setting to raid mode, did you get an extra option durring post.... if so, thats most likely where you're supposed to go to set up the raid array :P
    ..::J.S.L::..

Email: jsl@jslenterprises.net

Quote Originally Posted by JSLEnterprises View Post
    Another stupid question.... but when you switched the bios setting to raid mode, did you get an extra option durring post.... if so, thats most likely where you're supposed to go to set up the raid array :P
    i did, "Ctrl F" but i could not do anything. it gave 4 options but i could not enter any of them.... i'll get more info when i get home....thanks

k, so when i got home i found out that one of my kids drive started clunking, so no raid for me for now.... thanks for the help anyhow...