Thread: Who Folds@Work?

Who Folds@Work?

i cant where i work, but a while ago when i was working on the side for my father-in-law, I was folding at his company. He owns a computer training facility and in the class rooms i setup folding on all his computers, about 30 or so computers and i let them run all weekend. well he was pretty pissed (cos the machines were on all weekend) so i cant do that anymore. but was just looking to see who can and does.....

Re: Who Folds@Work?

Hmmm, it is an interesting prospect. If I could there are a ton of P4s and E7400s in my lab. But i'm sure there was a clause in company IT policy about running foreign software. But maybe if I ask first . . .

I run it on 2 P4 that I use at work. I wish I could get the whole place @ 10000 PC's to run it but they have been going green so auto shutdowns etc. Mine only run 9 Am to @ 2 Am when they auto reboot for software distribution. Also they dont run on weekends as I need to log in before the client runs.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

I use a terminal hooked up to some central server so.... no. this is the most miserabl

I would love to have 10,000 pc's folding in my name though

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

i think that the next chance i get i'll fold there again, but i have to talk him into it, the prob is that there are so many classes that get different images and i cant get folding setup into.... so it's hit or miss

well, did some work for the father in law.... got 3 machines folding at his office...for now...

When I was the system admin for the company I used to work at, I had all the computers (around 10 of them) running Seti running on all of them. After a year or so I switched them all to the Genome project, followed that by Find A Drug, and then eventually to various BOINC projects.

But since some BOINC projects didn't play as nicely as the other applications did, I had to scale it down to just the servers and a couple other stations.

I was always open about this with the owner, and the users of each computer.

When I eventually left that company, I uninstalled it from all the computers (servers included). I'm now working with my brother at our father's company. There's only 3 computers even worth running BOINC on. But still, I only run it on the Linux server.

I used to run it on about 15-20 different machines. Mostly Core2's 2.13 & 2.8. This was with the blessing of the previous IT director and all the machines were lab/testing machines. A new IT director came in and put the kabosh on it. I can't even run it on my assigned laptop.

As I have no computers at home at the moment, I don't run anything. Kinda sad.. ;/
    Crunching various BOINC projects under the Swordfish username, for the PCPER Froggies.

I asked my boss and he said that the computers at work are to much of a dinosaur to run FAH.

looking start this up again, havent done any work for him in some time, but soon.....

well, got 2 folding at the father in laws