Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: This is a REAL step backwards

another idea is dump old threads/stickys from motherboard manufactures that are no longer around like:
    I will, solteck, Epox , soyo and so on , why clutter up the forum with useless posts that do nothing but take up space . Most likley anyone owning one of these outdated boards would have upgraded years ago
    "The Lord Is My Shepherd, I Shall Not Want"
    PS:23

brothergc, you would be surprised how many people still have some of those boards. With their companies support sites no longer available the information contained in these forums are the only source of information for them. Deleting them would be doing an even bigger disservice to users than what they have already done with the disorganization of the forums. I refuse to call it re-organization any longer as that implies (or is it infers) an upgrade or improvement which this certainly is not.
    R.I.P Brad (BWM). You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    brothergc, you would be surprised how many people still have some of those boards. With their companies support sites no longer available the information contained in these forums are the only source of information for them. Deleting them would be doing an even bigger disservice to users than what they have already done with the disorganization of the forums. I refuse to call it re-organization any longer as that implies (or is it infers) an upgrade or improvement which this certainly is not.
    humm.. you might be right in some cases , some old motherboard sections I saw had not been posted in for a very long time. Maybe a good idea would be to post a poll to see if this outdated info should be kept or scrapped .

And yes I agree if the motherboard section stays the same it will be no upgrade by any stretch of the imagination . For me , I dont even bother going in their anymore . Way too messy so with that in mind ya gotta wonder
    if and when it will get fixed.

edit
    looking better , but I still do not understand what was wrong with the old layout ? anyone care to explain the reason behind the change ?
    Last edited by brothergc; 09-04-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wise One View Post
    we are currently working on cleaning up the stickies. it will just take a few days to get it all organized. please hang in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Child View Post
    When redoing a forum it is bound to be a mess till all is sorted and moved to its place on the forum, Give the man sometime to get it done....

Regards,
    WC
    just currious, what was wrong with the old format ?

nothing was really "wrong" with it. we are reorganizing and preparing for a rather large site and forums upgrade coming in the future.
    hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by brothergc View Post
    just currious, what was wrong with the old format ?
    Nothing. And the more they screw around with it the worse it becomes. They will NEVER be able to make it as user friendly as it used to be after this catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNovi View Post
    Nothing. And the more they screw around with it the worse it becomes. They will NEVER be able to make it as user friendly as it used to be after this catastrophe.
    great attitude to have

you have no idea what we have in the works for the future so how could you possibly know how user friendly things will be?

you had every opportunity to provide your feedback prior to this change...but for what ever reason, you chose to remain silent.

instead of being so negative...why dont you try some optimism and patience? you may actually like what we have in store for the future.
    hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Windrunner View Post
    There needs to be an option to specify the brand of motherboard as a tag to your thread in here. So they'll read "[ASrock]Spontaneous detonation" and etc.
    we will be setting up thread prefixes for the motherboards forum soon. this will allow users to specify a manufacturer.
    hmm...

Unless the plan is to sub-divide and organize the motherboard area into brands again, and hopefully by AMD/Intel it won't help. The damage is already done.

nothing was really "wrong" with it. we are reorganizing and preparing for a rather large site and forums upgrade coming in the future.
    Oh I see thank you for the update !

sad to see this change - like moving from degrees Farenheit to degrees Celsius, loss of granularity is disorienting because it is less informative

Celsius is better for computers, though!
    My heatware

Proudly NOT a console or subscription/micropayment gamer.

I'm chiming in to say I don't like the new change, but I'll wait and see what the future holds. I liked it when you could post by MB manufacturer and I'm one of those people that still has a running Soyo board.
    Skaarj-laptop:Asus G750JW-NH71,Win8.1,Corei7-4700HQ,12GB DDR3 RAM,Nvidia GTX 765M 2GB,Realtek HD,TSST CDDVDW SN-208DN,WDC 750GB HD...
    SkaarjMasterDuo:WinXPSP3, Core2Duo E8600(Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P),Noctua NH-C12P,4GB Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 RAM,Nvidia EVGA GTX-750Ti 1GB,SB Audigy2 6.1,Klipsch 5.1 sats,Dayton sub,Pioneer VSX-819H-K rec,,Enermax 850W PSU,Lian-Li PC-71B full tower,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T,2-1TB WD HDs.....
    Dragonslayer (at Mom's house now): WinXPSP3, P4 3.2GHz(Asus P4P800-Deluxe),Thermalright SLK-947U,3GB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM,ATI Radeon 9800Pro 256MB,VGA Silencer,SB Audigy2 5.1,Seasonic 500W PSU,Silverstone FT01-B mid tower,LG DVD burner,Asus E616P3..
    Dragon1: (off for now, will not boot) Win98SE, AthlonXP 1900+(Soyo SY-K7V Dragon+),Thermalright AX-7, 512MB Crucial 2.5 DDR PC2100 SDRAM MSI GeF4Ti4400,SB AudigyGamer,Enermax 431W PSU...

I will also leave my feedback and say that I too think this new "all in one" format is terrible, but I never said anything upfront as I know it would've fallen on deaf ears anyway as it always has in the past. We members here are just along for the ride, those few of us that still come here anyway. I'm now even noticing there are even moderators that are still allowed to be mods that haven't posted in months! Hah! There's one mod who's made 4 posts and another mod that has only made 1 post THIS YEAR! It's sad knowing if I need mobo info in the future I won't be heading here anymore. Oh well, at least I can still come here to have a meaningless "debate" on politics. Oh and goodbye Mr. Novi. You were a great mod and a valuable member. Another one bites the dust.
    Last edited by kbohip; 10-08-2010 at 11:40 PM.

just wondering how much longer ? Been months now and the motherboard forum is still a mess. Thank you in advance for the reply .