Question Good Computer desks?

Looking to maybe replace my current computer desk. I love the one I have, but after 3 moves, it's showing wear, missing some screws, and possibly a little too big for my room.

Looking for high quality, for use with 2 Dell 24" LCD monitors, a Corsair 700D case, and a sizable APC UPS. I've got room for anything from 60 to 72" wide, would like it to be 24+" deep. Most importantly must be stable. I cannot stand a desk that wobbles.

One of the better places I've seen online is:

http://www.martinandziegler.com/?gcl...FQgSgQodpDasMA

However they are quite pricey.

Re: Good Computer desks?

Real desks are so expensive. I'd love to have a real desk but instead I use two of these from Staples, a 6 ft and a 5 ft made into an L-shape. Gives lots of room to fit everything one without spending a fortune. Actually even the Staples tables have gone up in price. I think I spent about half on mine several years ago.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

wow- the Martin and Zeigler desks are nice as the are pricey -I do like them

I do know newegg has a lcd rack that stands on floor and can support as many as 4 -24 in. lcds ( I was going to get that and the lcds but I wanted it to be able to play a movie with all 4 screen only playing a quarter each for one whole pic but the hardware needed to do it that I found was 4 grand for each monitor- so nice idea- but way out of my budget - oh I got lost -

so with that you could open your desk options a little
    "Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect;
    a haphazardly selective memory;
    a set of preconceptions and assumptions
    so numerous that I can never examine more
    than a minority of them-never become conscious
    of them all.
    How much of total reality can such an apparatus let through?"

those desks you posted are waaaay overpriced for you what they appear to be.

you could build one from solid oak for less than that. not too impressed.

doesn't seem they'd be too difficult to build, the materials don't appear exotic by any means. i mean Formica and plywood?

the only ones where the prices make any sense are the ones that electrically automatically adjust themselves. and even then, who needs that? really?

if you have even half the budget for one of those desks, find yourself an unemployed carpenter, show him the pictures of what you want and a week later pick up your desk.

otherwise office supply stores have pretty good desks, just make sure the surface is a good 3/4-1" thick and that it feels sturdy.

i have one i got from circuit city or staples or officemax that i've had for the better part of a decade now and it's still holding up well after a move to a new house as well as multiple moves around the room. it was only 200 and it's a huge corner desk with a hutch and came with a small bookshelf.

also might have luck at thrift stores / goodwill
    Corsair 800D / Corsair TX750 PSU
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 / Win7 Pro
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4ghz (44 x 100) + Corsair H100
    Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 x 16GB
    2 x XFX R9 280x + 3 x Asus VS24AH-P 24" IPS 1920x1200
    Samsung 840 Evo 250GB OS + 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Black

The member formerly known as SuBX3r0 HEAT

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    if you have even half the budget for one of those desks, find yourself an unemployed carpenter, show him the pictures of what you want and a week later pick up your desk.
    Very good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by 'K- View Post
    Very good suggestion.
    Agreed.

If you're gonna spend that much you might as well get custom, but still probably 1/2 the price of most of that stuff in the first link.
    Heat eBay

Disclaimer: If I post a link it doesn't necessarily mean I endorse or am even familiar with the site. It might just be that I did your work for you and found it on Google. Click at your own risk. Thank you.

I never seem to get a desk that I really like.
    Mind you, I have some woodworking tools, and I made a 3 part desk for my wife, which can flip sides for just about any corner install. I have been using it for the last 3 years.

I still believe, that only way to get what you want is to build it yourself. Mine has eight screws, and it is strong enough to hold everything without breaking, made from real wood with a finish which repels water and food. Even equipped it with a $300 keyboard tray which swivels, tilts and extends. No drawers however, so everything is in plain view. Dust is always in view.
    Two power supplies in one case (Connected the green wire) and a Thermaltake 550 PSU in the other.
    Two ASUS M2N-SLI Delux Motherboard
    Athlon X2-6000 and a Phenom 9850
    Big azz 11 bay server tower and a regular 4 bay full size tower. (Noname)
    A speedy PCIe based ATI 1950 chipset and a Radeon 5750 video card.
    4 Gig or 2 Gig Kingston brand (Total 6) DDR2-800 memory
    Around 19 Terabytes in 17 hard drives.
    I refuse to use DVD disks as they die by oxidization, get scratched and would take too many of them to write for the data I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime2515102 View Post
    Agreed.

If you're gonna spend that much you might as well get custom, but still probably 1/2 the price of most of that stuff in the first link.
    Yeah, I was hoping to spend closer to 1/5th the M&Z prices actually. I'll keep shopping.

I went with this Ikea desk and have been very happy. In fact, I liked so much I bought a similar setup for my wife's home office as well. It's well made, easy to set up and looks great in my opinion. And the price is right.