Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Easy way to fold

Thank you!
    now i'm waiting to see some stats show up to see if i have things set up correctly.
    LOTS of Koolance water cooling hardware/cases/coolers/ for sale cheap. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    Thank you!
    now i'm waiting to see some stats show up to see if i have things set up correctly.
    Looks like your stats are reporting

By the way what are you folding on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Activate: AMD View Post
    Actually, I had it set up as a "service" on my i7 and had it on my SR-2 before switching to linux. Both rigs worked just fine. You can do this by adding a shortcut to the start->programs->startup folder. Then, in setup under "run clients at startup" pick the clients you want to run at startup (aka SMP or GPU 1)

unchecked
    YES! my stats have popped up! Ok I guess I am back in action. I am folding on an i7 and two gtx 480's.
    I would like to get some office computers folding as well, but for whatever reason, this newer version of fah seems to lag my computer more than the old version. maybe its because I am folding with the video cards as well. I will experiment with it a little.
    LOTS of Koolance water cooling hardware/cases/coolers/ for sale cheap. PM if interested.

YES! my stats have popped up! Ok I guess I am back in action. I am folding on an i7 and two gtx 480's.
    I would like to get some office computers folding as well, but for whatever reason, this newer version of fah seems to lag my computer more than the old version. maybe its because I am folding with the video cards as well. I will experiment with it a little.
    great! thats a lot of horsepower you've got there!

Just a heads up, the passkey bonus doesn't start kicking in until you've folded 10 SMP WU's with your passkey on, so if your SMP points seem low, hang in there until 10 have finished, then check again

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

Thanks for the info.
    I am assuming that smp is the way to fold still as opposed to using single cores.

I now have 2 other office computers running smp clients. They have ati cards, which I thought used to handle folding, but dont work with this install.

I have noticed that my computer lags quite bit when its folding. I am running 1 smp client and 2 gui clients. Is there any system or FAH settings I can mess with so that my computer still works efficiently?

thanks
    scott

Thanks for the info.
    I am assuming that smp is the way to fold still as opposed to using single cores.

I now have 2 other office computers running smp clients. They have ati cards, which I thought used to handle folding, but dont work with this install.

I have noticed that my computer lags quite bit when its folding. I am running 1 smp client and 2 gui clients. Is there any system or FAH settings I can mess with so that my computer still works efficiently?

thanks
    scott
    yea, SMP is the way to go, unless you have an overclocked i7 (3.5+ghz) in which case using the -bigadv flag is another option. See my thread about results with using GPU's alongside the -bigadv smp flag

What models are the ATI cards? It could be that you don't have the force GPU setting correct (for the R600 or R700 GPUs).

Lastly, I'm not entirely sure why you'd be seeing "lag" while running folding. I don't see any noticeable impact with my clients running. Have you tried running only 1 GPU at a time, or turning off SMP while running the GPU's? If so do you see your lag get tangibly reduced?

Trust me, I do science
    My Hardware, Past and Present

two computers have ati radion 6700 hd's.
    another one has a radeon x1950..(it lists 2 in my device manger-not sure why, maybe two cards in one?)

First post updated with pictures of the setup

Finally got settled and started back up using this.