I am coming back slowly

Sorry to sort just disappear but you know how life can be sometimes. I booted up my i7 920 with a pair of 295's and hope to have the i7 920 with 3 5870's up again soon, my problems is I no longer know what projects to run the 295's are just running what they wherert 4 or 5 months ago.

any advice

p.s I may have a lucrative lawsuit coming up but it may take forever to get the cash but when we do it a rocket ride ffor the frogs

Re: I am coming back slowly

No worries, what were the 295's running before? I don't think much has changed project wise in the last few months.

freehal@home

dnetc@home

aqua@home

OK actually now that you mention it Freehal has changed. You can now run either cpu intensive tasks that run about an hour or non-cpu intensive tasks that run about four hours. Credit is suppose to be around 90 for each type. You have to choose which type you want to run on the project preferences page. I haven't tried the cpu type yet, but with the non-cpu tasks you can only run one at a time.

WUProp will give you a little extra credit each day too.

I'm running non-CPU freehal

and just added wuprop, I had forgotten about it but had an account.
    when both machines were running before I could do a million credits a day, time for the frogs to start jumping again.

Anything new on the video card end as I have been totally offline and may be able to do some upgrades

I'm not really up to date on the GPU side, I think Collatz, DNETC and Milkyway are still the heavy hitters. AMD's HD6000 series cards are suppose to be out later this year I believe.

I will have to do some checking myself but the 6000 series will undoubtedly be superior to the nvidia 400 series, and since I just bought anew printer today, it will be awhile before I get any cash, unless the lawyers are certain of a cash payout from my lawsuit, in which case I could use savings. I still have not had time to rebuild my ati machine it's been in parts since it went off-line.

It's nice to be back amongst friends, the site I have been visiting since leaving here for a few months, has a lot of ungrateful whiners. An example more appropriate to this site, would be if we were selling 5970's for $300 they would complain they could get the identical card and warranty somewhere else for just $250, fine then go buy it and tell all of us about this dream deal place, but they never do they just complain and complain the site is trying to rip off members, I finally got sick of the moaners and whiners who know nothing about what they are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Schizo1988 View Post
    I will have to do some checking myself but the 6000 series will undoubtedly be superior to the nvidia 400 series, and since I just bought anew printer today, it will be awhile before I get any cash, unless the lawyers are certain of a cash payout from my lawsuit, in which case I could use savings. I still have not had time to rebuild my ati machine it's been in parts since it went off-line.

It's nice to be back amongst friends, the site I have been visiting since leaving here for a few months, has a lot of ungrateful whiners. An example more appropriate to this site, would be if we were selling 5970's for $300 they would complain they could get the identical card and warranty somewhere else for just $250, fine then go buy it and tell all of us about this dream deal place, but they never do they just complain and complain the site is trying to rip off members, I finally got sick of the moaners and whiners who know nothing about what they are talking about
    I completely agree. Why can't they shut their mouths and not say anything. Who cares if they think your prices are too high? If they are, then they won't sell and you'll lower your prices. I don't understand trolls. Trolling people's threads just takes too much effort to attract my attention.

I finally got 2 of the 5870's up and running, I am not sure what's up with the third, but should get some decent numbers anyway. The 295's plug away, but I really want to up grade them to 570's maybe 580's but the premium is a bit much. It will be a little while as my TV fried out yesterday but I was going to start looking for a new one this week anyway, but it's pretty confusing choosing a model.