Asus laptop Shift key problem.

As the title says, i am facing a problem with the shift key on an Asus laptop.

Both Shift keys have the problem and the thing is that they working whenever they want to.....they will fully work at some times and from the other hand they dont give any command for caps or shift+del and so on.

I pluged in a usb keyboard and shift was working perfectly from even if at the same time the laptop's keyboard was "dead".

So i m assuming that the problem is from the laptop's keyboard panel or the shift key it self.

BUT....in that case why the hell both shift keys are not working? are they connected somehow underneath the panel? or what?

Any infos/assistance are more than welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Asus laptop Shift key problem.

My Backspace key broke on my Acer laptop
    I ended up remapping the "Home" key to "Backspace"

You may want to try remapping the "Caps Lock" key to "Shift"
    or pick another key you never use

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-disable-...ey-in-windows/

Edit: I think I used this program which does the regedit for any key
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...dows-xp-vista/

If using linux - create a .xmodmap in your home dir and use xev to figure out the keycode
    or this may work:
    Caps_Lock=Shift_L
    Last edited by MrBlack; 11-03-2010 at 12:44 PM.

I would say that is a good idea idd, but i am looking for something more "Pro" solution (sorry).
    The question is, is it possible the two shifts keys from the keyboard panel are communicating with each other? Because as i said to my 1st post both keys are facing the same problem, it is not only the one,

(If it was only the one Shift key then i would be 100% sure that it would be keyboard panel)

Agrrr damn im confused.....

In safe mode Shift key still doesn't work, i downloaded ATK drivers from Asus site but still nothing, I tried to add a password in Bios but still no luck. So everything points to be the hardware thing.
    Please en light me....

Thank you in advance.