Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Battlefield PLAY4FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Poci View Post
    You know what. I just almost broke my G5 mouse cause I stabbed someone in BC2 yet the other guy gets the knife..... when I stabbed first.
    That was the last straw, BC2. If this free battlefield combines the best of both worlds I might switch to it. Seriously BC2 just pissed me off big time. Im praying the knife mechanics are better in the free battlefield then this console abomination that BC2 is.
    It's not the knife mechanics. It's the "server lag" we've talked about before. Simply too much difference in the apparent time of your player vs your opponent. This might have improved slightly in the last patch but it's still far from fixed. If they don't fix this in Frostbite 2.0 you are going to be just as frustrated with BF3 regardless of how grand a game it is otherwise. This is my #1 fear about BF3.
    If you enjoy gaming click here to learn about the Fragging Frogs.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]
    My Rigs - My Upgrade History - My Games

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    It's not the knife mechanics. It's the "server lag" we've talked about before. Simply too much difference in the apparent time of your player vs your opponent. This might have improved slightly in the last patch but it's still far from fixed. If they don't fix this in Frostbite 2.0 you are going to be just as frustrated with BF3 regardless of how grand a game it is otherwise. This is my #1 fear about BF3.
    If I remember correctly, some of the early statements made about BC2 is that it had "built in" some server lag to 'even things out'! Supposedly to make it more fair for the big lag people to play the no/low lag people. One more example of a ported game being dumbed down to match consoles. If we had wanted to play console look-alike and console feeling games then we would have bought a console box and games.

My hope is that with the release of BF3 that it will be a PC game without the 'equalizations' of the console brains. Keep crouch, lean, prone, etc. If they want the game on the consoles then port it from PC and dumb down the console version. Leave PCs alone!
    Last edited by tlemaste; 11-10-2010 at 05:12 PM.

100% AMD ROG gaming system, thanks to AMD.

Quote Originally Posted by tlemaste View Post
    If I remember correctly, some of the early statements made about BC2 is that it had "built in" some server lag to 'even things out'! Supposedly to make it more fair for the big lag people to play the no/low lag people. One more example of a ported game being dumbed down to match consoles. If we had wanted to play console look-alike and console feeling games then we would have bought a console box and games.
    I honestly think it's a design flaw in the engine. They were overly ambitious in the design and in the end couldn't quite eliminate the resultant lag. There are lots of complaints about it and it's pretty clear they don't know how to fix it. They are constantly tweaking hit boxes and such to try to minimize the effect but it hasn't been fixed and I'm guessing probably won't ever be fixed.

[Proudly using only AMD desktop CPUs since 1996 and now also GPUs in 2014 - Thanks AMD!!]

In bed with one of my avatar AMD girls :D

Nah it wasnt lag, I would be able to tell if it were lag.

It was the slice vs stab bs. It is supposed to lunge at the enemy and stab, instead it does a stupid slice and you dont hit shit. And this happens quite a lot

Just rec'd my Closed Beta Key for this, anyone else get theirs??

Quote Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
    Just rec'd my Closed Beta Key for this, anyone else get theirs??
    Nothing yet. Hope I get one.

Nothing yet. Hope I get one.
    installing as I type this. How many codes do they give out for a typical closed beta test??
    Last edited by frogmeat69; 12-14-2010 at 09:00 PM.

The trailer makes this game look at least 100x better than it actually is, imo. Way too much like BF Heroes for me. Not complaining, since it's free, just saying it's not my bag.

got my closed beta key.... gonna play it later today.

Quote Originally Posted by COMPn00b09 View Post
    The trailer makes this game look at least 100x better than it actually is, imo. Way too much like BF Heroes for me. Not complaining, since it's free, just saying it's not my bag.
    never played BF heros, so I guess it must blow, because so far this ain't that good. But like you said, it's priced right.

So it's not really much like BF2? Because that's what the trailer made it look like.

coudn't even connect to a server

server connect is buggy, it will connect in a few tries.
    but this game makes me think they wont have 'PRONE' in bf3.
    they said prone was too hard to program in bad co 2 now they take prone out of f2p bf.
    the map only a modified karkand (the bf2, 32 player karkand version)to fit with just crouch and its different gameplay.

other things that are weird:

Its russion vs us on mec territory?

small arms will dmg armour atleast the apc.

I think its one kit per account. and you cant switch kits in game for armour for instance.

no squads or voip

i think this game needs to be atleast better than bf2 for anyone to play most can afford $10 for bf2.

Finally got my key. Played only a few minutes. Full screen isn't working well for me. I lose my mouse and can't select from the menus. So I guess until it gets fixed I'll have to run in a window or some have said ALT+ENTER works to switch to full screen. I guess I'll try that.

Finally got my key. Played only a few minutes. Full screen isn't working well for me. I lose my mouse and can't select from the menus. So I guess until it gets fixed I'll have to run in a window or some have said ALT+ENTER works to switch to full screen. I guess I'll try that.
    use tab key to nav through menu when you can see your cursor.