Recommendations for multi-monitor setup

I have an ATI 5850, and I'd really like to take advantage of its triple-monitor support. The card has a DVI, HDMI and a DisplayPort, but I intended on also getting a DisplayPort-to-HDMI converter.

For a year or two, I've been using a Hanns.G HG281DPB monitor, and I've really enjoyed it.

I imagine I would just continue using this monitor as my primary monitor, and then add two additional monitors to the sides? Getting 3 matching monitors is the other option.

I was curious what you current multi-monitor users would suggest. At work, I have 2 19" monitors at 1440x900, and I almost hate it. I was thinking to get monitors that were at least (or maybe at most?) 23", and definitely need to do 1920x1080.

Unfortunately, my current monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200, and so I'm not sure how I should factor that in to my decision (if at all).

Re: Recommendations for multi-monitor setup

So far, I've been considering 3 of the following:

LG E2350V-SN

Samsung BX2331

They're both 23" LED backlit monitors.

In all my reading this weekend, it seems VESA-mountable monitors might be more desirable when doing setups like this?

Any thoughts?

No one has any recommendations? Surely someone is using a triple monitor setup?

I've abandoned the idea of the necessity for VESA-mounting, but I definitely think I should get LED backlit monitors that have DVI/HDMI connections.

Unfortunately, when I think I've narrowed it down, I read about how some of these monitors don't necessarily "support" the HDMI input they provide, or that some of the features that are available are only available via the D-SUB/DVI input. Not that these are showstoppers. I just consider these options as it relates to my video card's DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort outputs. If need be, I'll use converters for whatever I need to, but ideally I think I wouldn't use any.

I'm leery to purchase 3 matching monitors that I can't fully utilize.

I've started to look at the
    Samsung XL2370-1

However, I'm not sure what I should compare that to?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi

You neglected to say what the computer and monitors will be used for.

High end gaming IMHO requires a better monitor that one that will be surfing the web and maybe running standard apps.

On my work computer I have 3 Samsung 22 inch monitors and a Benq 24.

My main gamer has a single Benq 27 Inch monitor

I am a big fan of Samsung but also like the Benq.
    Asus M8Z77-V Deluxe
    Intel 3770K
    G-Skill 1600 16G
    Corsair H100
    EVGA 670 GTX
    2 Corsair Force 3 120G (Raid 0)
    2 x Seagate 1T 6G
    2 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors
    Thermaltake Level 10 UGK
    Silverstone Olympia OP1000 1000W
    Windows 8

Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

I do play a few games every now and then, but they're not my main concern. I've never been too big on the correctness of the color, and I'm not going to spend $600+ for the Dell UltraSharp series of monitor. My current monitor isn't anything special colorwise, and I'm happy. I've also never experienced in weird ghosting on a 15ms vs 2ms monitor.

My biggest worry is viewing angles and uniformity across the monitors. I worry about the concavity of the monitors presenting a problem. That is to say, when looking at the far edges of the monitors on the left and right, will it suffer from poor viewing angle problems?

To a lesser degree I think about the height/rotating options. I've never had a monitor with that before, aside from work, but I've never really cared about it either.

And now with LED backlit monitors, I wonder how much I should care if my monitors are thin or not.

I'm not too caught up in the TN/IPS/etc panel situation I keep reading about.

With those things said, I'm comfortable with spending ~$300 per monitor.

I hope that helps. Thanks.

If you want to keep then in a straight line then viewing angle is going to be your main concern.

On my work computer 3 monitors sit side by side with one above them

I have mine setting at an angle to the center monitor so when I look at them I am looking directly at them.

If you have the desk space, Benq has a 24 inch monitor that pretty much fits your needs and at a decent price.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Product...27480(ME).aspx

That is a Canadian store so you should be able to find them a little cheaper in the US.
    Asus M8Z77-V Deluxe
    Intel 3770K
    G-Skill 1600 16G
    Corsair H100
    EVGA 670 GTX
    2 Corsair Force 3 120G (Raid 0)
    2 x Seagate 1T 6G
    2 Samsung SyncMaster T260HD Monitors
    Thermaltake Level 10 UGK
    Silverstone Olympia OP1000 1000W
    Windows 8

Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.