Page 1 of 336 123451151101 ... LastLast

Resolved The 2012 Election Thread

Might has well start it...... with Alvin (The Turtle) Greene who has stated that he will run for president.

He is the greatest individual ever!
    Last edited by JustinC939; 11-17-2010 at 08:42 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

People, he's been put off for too long-

It's time.

For 2012

Here is his resume. The latest thing he has done makes him eminently qualified...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Paulsen
    Last edited by AeroSim; 11-19-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    "We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government....

Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business."

William Jennings Bryan.

If Ron Paul runs, my vote goes to him. If he doesn't run or get nominated, I'll do a write-in.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 11-20-2010 at 12:27 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill.

I agree with you there. He makes a lot more sense than many guys on both sides of the aisle. The funny thing is when people consider him to be crazy. I thought the 2008 election had the worst candidates from either party running. Hopefully, the D's and R's will get someone better than McCain or Obama.
    Is it bad when people like your running mate better than you? (Palin, not Biden) Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Big B-man View Post
    I agree with you there. He makes a lot more sense than many guys on both sides of the aisle. The funny thing is when people consider him to be crazy. I thought the 2008 election had the worst candidates from either party running. Hopefully, the D's and R's will get someone better than McCain or Obama.
    Is it bad when people like your running mate better than you? (Palin, not Biden) Just saying.
    Palin??? Seriously?? Please do all you can to make her the Repub nominee!

Donate all you can, go door to door, quit your job and devote all your time to her cause.

Me, I'd rather have the "rent is too damn high guy", at least he makes some sense compared to Palin, who has the intellectual curiosity of a gnat.
    Last edited by liteman; 11-21-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    Fox News watchers are less informed - The Proof

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

^^Yeah, Palin basically went AWOL to go cash in and make reality shows, how honourable.
    I'm 100% sure that she will run for president and probably has a good chance at winning if she can beat Gingrich which she likely will.

I'm not sure what Obama's future holds. He's basically broken most of his promises, and has fully caved in to the establishment in every way imaginable. Obama just falls between the asscrack of conservatives and liberals; he pleases no one. But he has alot of "star power" and if he can get the young voters out one more time, he just may get a second term. His campaign will basically have to depend on people afraid of a republican victory or people who don't read or follow up on anything; the latter im sure is the majority of voters under 30.

I doubt Ron Paul will even get a nomination so either way I think this will be another dirtbag vs. dirtbag election with no choice but the devil you know or the devil you don't know.
    Last edited by JustinC939; 11-21-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    ^^Yeah, Palin basically went AWOL to go cash in and make reality shows, how honourable.
    I'm 100% sure that she will run for president and probably has a good chance at winning if she can beat Gingrich which she likely will.

I'm not sure what Obama's future holds. He's basically broken most of his promises, and has fully caved in to the establishment in every way imaginable. Obama just falls between the asscrack of conservatives and liberals; he pleases no one. But he has alot of "star power" and if he can get the young voters out one more time, he just may get a second term. His campaign will basically have to depend on people afraid of a republican victory or people who don't read or follow up on anything; the latter im sure is the majority of voters under 30.

I doubt Ron Paul will even get a nomination so either way I think this will be another dirtbag vs. dirtbag election with no choice but the devil you know or the devil you don't know.
    Palin will only run to make more cash for herself & family. She's the ultimate political whore up to this point. She'll never win the nomination (unfortunately), but she'll definately suck her supporters billfolds dry and go on to "write" more books and pander to those who will pay to see & hear her mindless "folksy" drivel.

I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations which dare already to challenge our government in a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by liteman View Post
    Palin will only run to make more cash for herself & family. She's the ultimate political whore up to this point. She'll never win the nomination (unfortunately), but she'll definately suck her supporters billfolds dry and go on to "write" more books and pander to those who will pay to see & hear her mindless "folksy" drivel.
    Yes, regardless of her chances, Palin will run for publicity and book sales. But I wouldn't call a victory for her a far fetched idea.

Do you mean a political whore made in the same mold as your messiah?

Watching the democrats around here squirm for the last 2 or 3 months has really been quite entertaining. It reminds me of a low budget ultra-liberal spin-off of Dancing With The Stars.

Ah Ha that’s it! all of you guys just want the next dance with Crystal Palin or could it be you’re just lusting for a whirl Mama Grizzly...
    Last edited by tucker; 11-22-2010 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinC939 View Post
    Yes, regardless of her chances, Palin will run for publicity and book sales. But I wouldn't call a victory for her a far fetched idea.
    Nevermind the kings of this were 2 Democrats. Remember Dreams of my Father and Profiles in Courage?
    Brian

Jimmy Carter is still available for 2012 if you're looking to upgrade.

Let me guess who most of you on the right want to run, in no particular order:

Romney
    Palin
    Gingrich
    Pawlenty (SP?)
    Christy

How close was I? Myself, if Obama stays as he going, I want someone to challege him in 2012.

- Thomas Jefferson

Romney
    Palin
    Gingrich
    Pawlenty (SP?)
    Christy

How close was I? Myself, if Obama stays as he going, I want someone to challege him in 2012.
    While two of those you've named I would deem "acceptable", you haven't named any of my three "preferred" candidates.

That said, its way too early for this stuff.

Romney
    Palin
    Gingrich
    Pawlenty (SP?)
    Christy

Palin to me is sort of the right's answer to Obama. She's become popular with a lot of people because of the constant hype and press she gets. I think she made a good governor but I really don't ever see her as presidential material. We don't need another "famous", inexperienced president. That being said, I have nothing against her, I just think there are (or at least hopefully will be) better choices in the future.

As for Romney? I think had the Republicans been smart enough to run him against BO in '08 the election would've turned out far differently.

The rest I just don't know enough to comment on. I wouldn't say that is a good thing in and of itself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    While two of those you've named I would deem "acceptable", you haven't named any of my three "preferred" candidates.

That said, its way too early for this stuff.
    Does that mean your preferred candidate is another (no offense) loser like Fred Thompson was?

- Thomas Jefferson