Page 159 of 336 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 5035
  1. #2371
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    If Ron Paul can "game" the election or whatever in Tampa and steal the nomination or whatever, more props to him. Is that the right way to win? Probably not. It also isnt the right way to win by Obama or Romney by having the media and establishment completely in your pocket. I contribute that to be about 80% of the reason Ron Paul doesnt have better numbers. No one ever plays politics fair so why start now?
    Well said, and I, like you, don't care how RP would win. Not in the slightest. The system is beyond broken when only the richest golden boys can win anyway. To think that an underdog could come in at the last moment and beat them at their own dirty game? That puts a HUGE smile on my face.

  2. #2372
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I bet you thought Al Gore deserved to be president during the 2000 elections. After all he won the popular vote. That pesky immoral electoral college stole the election from him. Or was that different because the process caused the democrat to lose.
    Maybe, but at least George Bush and Al Gore each had 50 million votes.

    Mitt Romney has about five times the popular vote that Paul has. In terms of popular support, Romney is blowing Paul out of the water.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Well said, and I, like you, don't care how RP would win. Not in the slightest. The system is beyond broken when only the richest golden boys can win anyway. To think that an underdog could come in at the last moment and beat them at their own dirty game? That puts a HUGE smile on my face.
    Yeah, and •••• the 5 million people who voted for Romney?

    You guys can say Romney is the "establishment" candidate all you want. But people voted for him. Average people like you and me.

    When the Ron Paul message boards and Reddit are plotting their little Tampa insurrection, they're basically screwing the millions of American republicans who want Romney to be their nominee.
    Last edited by Keven; 05-03-2012 at 01:54 PM.

  3. #2373
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    So you guys complain the system is broken... but in the same breath say you don't care what route RP would take to the nomination because it's all cool if your candidate takes the low road and wins? Wow.

    I've read around a bit and I'm not seeing a path to the nomination for RP. Sure he can make some waves.. but that'd only alienate him further. I should have probably passed on the RP topic. It always seems to boil down to his supporters claiming everyone else is simply too stupid to "get" him... or that he's the only hope... or some other justification I find eerily similar to the way oober libberals pitch Obama. Vote your conscience guys and GL to us all.
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  4. #2374
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post


    Yeah, a •••• the 5 million people who voted for Romney?

    You guys can say Romney is the "establishment" candidate all you want. But people voted for him. Average people like you and me.

    When the Ron Paul message boards and Reddit are plotting their little Tampa insurrection, they're basically screwing the millions of American republicans who want Romney to be their nominee.
    The fact that RP has been kept a secret by the media and especially the Republican party seems to be lost on you. As far as the millions of Republicans who want Romney as the main candidate? Would these be the same people by any chance that gave us McCain in the last election by any chance I wonder? If so I SURE don't want to disappoint those geniuses!

  5. #2375
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    So you guys complain the system is broken... but in the same breath say you don't care what route RP would take to the nomination because it's all cool if your candidate takes the low road and wins? Wow.

    I've read around a bit and I'm not seeing a path to the nomination for RP. Sure he can make some waves.. but that'd only alienate him further. I should have probably passed on the RP topic. It always seems to boil down to his supporters claiming everyone else is simply too stupid to "get" him... or that he's the only hope... or some other justification I find eerily similar to the way oober libberals pitch Obama. Vote your conscience guys and GL to us all.
    Can you imagine Scooter if Ron Paul was the presumptive nominee and Romney supporters were plotting to take over the convention and install Romney as the nominee? CAN YOU IMAGINE the rhetoric that our friends Invictus and Frog would be spewing?

  6. #2376
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    So you guys complain the system is broken... but in the same breath say you don't care what route RP would take to the nomination because it's all cool if your candidate takes the low road and wins? Wow.

    I've read around a bit and I'm not seeing a path to the nomination for RP. Sure he can make some waves.. but that'd only alienate him further. I should have probably passed on the RP topic. It always seems to boil down to his supporters claiming everyone else is simply too stupid to "get" him... or that he's the only hope... or some other justification I find eerily similar to the way oober libberals pitch Obama. Vote your conscience guys and GL to us all.
    The RP supporters here aren't the one who brought the topic up. As for the low road? It's politics, they ALL take the low road imo.

  7. #2377
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    6,397

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    The fact that RP has been kept a secret by the media and especially the Republican party seems to be lost on you. As far as the millions of Republicans who want Romney as the main candidate? Would these be the same people by any chance that gave us McCain in the last election by any chance I wonder? If so I SURE don't want to disappoint those geniuses!
    I didn't want McCain or Romney but I can and will vote for either of them over Obama. So I guess I am one of those "geniuses". As for RP, how smart is it to keep giving time and money to a candidate who has never had a chance and will never have a chance of getting the nomination? He has some good ideas (like getting rid of the Federal Reserve) but he just doesn't resonate with enough people to ever get the nomination.
    Brian

  8. #2378
    Joined
    Mar 2002
    Location
    California
    Posts
    26,280

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    The RP supporters here aren't the one who brought the topic up.
    I did note that misstep on my part.

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    As for the low road? It's politics, they ALL take the low road imo.
    Then you really cannot complain about it if you think it'd be cool dookies if RP did just that to get the nomination now can ya?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."


    -The Gipper


  9. #2379
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,751

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Can you imagine Scooter if Ron Paul was the presumptive nominee and Romney supporters were plotting to take over the convention and install Romney as the nominee? CAN YOU IMAGINE the rhetoric that our friends Invictus and Frog would be spewing?
    It wouldnt happen. Romney supporters in general have no clue about the delegate process or how the electoral system actually works in this country.

    There is a reason you never meet a former Ron Paul supporter. We dont support him out of blind faith like the libs support Obama. Or because we hate who the democrats offer. Its because the ideas of liberty offer no compromise. Either your free or your not. There is no grey area.

  10. #2380
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    36
    Posts
    2,751

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    So you guys complain the system is broken... but in the same breath say you don't care what route RP would take to the nomination because it's all cool if your candidate takes the low road and wins? Wow.

    I've read around a bit and I'm not seeing a path to the nomination for RP. Sure he can make some waves.. but that'd only alienate him further. I should have probably passed on the RP topic. It always seems to boil down to his supporters claiming everyone else is simply too stupid to "get" him... or that he's the only hope... or some other justification I find eerily similar to the way oober libberals pitch Obama. Vote your conscience guys and GL to us all.
    Im all for anyone who believes in the founding principles of this country, who believes in a monetary system that benefits the people and facilitates prosperity amongst the populous. Who is against government intruding on our personal liberties. Very few people in the political sphere espouse these beliefs. And only one of them is running for president.

    And you know what i ment educating the populous. I wasnt calling anyone here stupid. I was referring to the American Idol crowd.

  11. #2381
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    I didn't want McCain or Romney but I can and will vote for either of them over Obama. So I guess I am one of those "geniuses". As for RP, how smart is it to keep giving time and money to a candidate who has never had a chance and will never have a chance of getting the nomination? He has some good ideas (like getting rid of the Federal Reserve) but he just doesn't resonate with enough people to ever get the nomination.
    Should've phrased it better bk, sorry. I wasn't trying to say that if you voted for McCain in the election you were stupid. By that time there was no choice because for whatever bizarre reason the people had already chosen him over better candidates like Romney. I said it then and I stand by it now, had the nomination gone to Romney in '08 we wouldn't be talking about him running for president right now.

  12. #2382
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kbohip View Post
    Should've phrased it better bk, sorry. I wasn't trying to say that if you voted for McCain in the election you were stupid. By that time there was no choice because for whatever bizarre reason the people had already chosen him over better candidates like Romney. I said it then and I stand by it now, had the nomination gone to Romney in '08 we wouldn't be talking about him running for president right now.
    So Romney was a good candidate in 2008 and terrible in 2012?

  13. #2383
    Joined
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Colorafornia, USSA
    Age
    46
    Posts
    13,825

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    So Romney was a good candidate in 2008 and terrible in 2012?
    No. Romney was an average candidate in '08 and is an average candidate in '12. McCain was an AWFUL candidate though, and imo, Romney was a much better choice in '08. In this election though Romney is going up against what may very well be the worst president this nation has ever seen, so he looks better than he normally would to just about any Republican. I still very much prefer Paul, as I feel *most* of his views are what the Republican party used to be about. I also feel that Paul would have garnered more votes from the independents in this election, and even some Democrats. Make no mistake, Romney will not.

    I'm not happy, at all, with what the Republican party has turned in to. I am however much less happy with what the Democrats have given us. If it comes down to a choice between Romney and BO in November, make no mistake, I will NOT be voting for BO.

  14. #2384
    Joined
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Age
    32
    Posts
    6,438

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    I dont get this at all. What is shadier? Controlling the media, silencing the other candidate, and mass voter fraud or using the system for what it is? Do I think the delegate system makes sense and is appropriate? No. I do however think using it to your advantage isn't shady.

    Its sorta like when ron paul had earmarks in a bill and they asked him why he voted against the bill and then put earmarks in. He said the bill is already passed and the money is being allocated, he might as well try to utilize it in someway positively. He did everything he could to stop it by voting against it but why not try to turn shit into compost.

    I'm pretty sure Ron Paul acknowledges the problems with the delegate system but using the system isn't unfair. He didnt invent the damn thing.

    Personally I think this entire system of gov't is f'd up completely. People vote for presidents like they vote for American Idol candidates. People are always trying to pick the lesser of two evils even when theres a perfectly good candidate right there. The media is completely biased and controlled, the gov't is spending money faster than it can print it. Theres so much waste, bueracracy, red tape, pointless spending, abuse of programs, uneeded wars, uneeded intervention in our citizens lives and citizens around the world as well.

    Its a giant cluster•••• rollercoaster and pretty soon were gonna go flying off the damn rails. One thing I am more certain of than aaanything else is if you took the founding fathers forward in time and showed them what this country has become and what it stands for these days they would be utterly disgusted, just as I am.

  15. #2385
    Joined
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,027

    Re: The 2012 Election Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearded Frog View Post
    Controlling the media, silencing the other candidate, and mass voter fraud
    I don't suppose you can prove any of that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •