Page 309 of 336 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 5035

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    If you do, you should be a lot happier about it now than you were in '09. I know I am

Here ya go Keven. I took it really easy on Scooter in '08 in our first sig bet so I'll take it easy on you. He might not be so lucky this time.

lol. funny!

BTW, Dems were hoping for majorities in WI State Legislature to handcuff Walker until his reelection in 2014 yet Republicans won big in both State Senate and State Assembly. Just more proof that the Dems got their base out to vote. Obama and Baldwin won Wisconsin primarily from massive vote drives from urban areas, but Reps won everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    If you do, you should be a lot happier about it now than you were in '09. I know I am

Here ya go Keven. I took it really easy on Scooter in '08 in our first sig bet so I'll take it easy on you. He might not be so lucky this time.

speaking of scooter anyone see him lately?
    My Pc
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.6ghz
    Memory: 16gb Cosair ddr3 1866
    Hard Drives: 1x 1TB + 100gb muskin ssd cache, 1x 2tb 2 x3 tb
    Video: AMD Radeon R9 290
    Sound: Creative Xfi Fatal1ty Pro
    Lcd: Gateway Black-Silver 24"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxius View Post
    speaking of scooter anyone see him lately?
    He hasn't posted since page 304... probably went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Yeah, but you are I are youngers. Somebody who's 64 isn't too happy to see the stock market take a dive right now.
    Actually, the right eldster (I think youngsters are permitted too ;D ) will be sitting on some liquidity looking for bargains.

However, Obama is now in a "I mostly don't care what I do for the electorate" mode for the next four years. If I figure it right, I think there will likely be about a 10-15% increase in income taxes. Higher incomes could be looking at 50%+ in Federal alone. Think about it- if you're like me, you're paying $5-10,000 in premiums and that's before you get through an $8000 deductible. I know that's private insurance costs- but guess what Obamacare is using for its guidelines.

If I got it right, taxation is all they've got left between them an a bond market bust. Interest rates are done.

Scooter works for a living. He doesn't have time to talk on the computer all day like you lefties (and me).

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    Actually, the right eldster (I think youngsters are permitted too ;D ) will be sitting on some liquidity looking for bargains.

However, Obama is now in a "I mostly don't care what I do for the electorate" mode for the next four years. If I figure it right, I think there will likely be about a 10-15% increase in income taxes. Higher incomes could be looking at 50%+ in Federal alone. Think about it- if you're like me, you're paying $5-10,000 in premiums and that's before you get through an $8000 deductible. I know that's private insurance costs- but guess what Obamacare is using for its guidelines.

If I got it right, taxation is all they've got left between them an a bond market bust. Interest rates are done.
    Maybe. The price of gold is actually down $5. I think people are just selling everything to see what happens with this sequestration thing. And then next year we can have another fight on the debt ceiling.

Maybe. The price of gold is actually down $5.
    Man does not live by bread alone- but it will keep you alive longer than gold. (aka "have some but have bread too")
    I think people are just selling everything to see what happens with this sequestration thing. And then next year we can have another fight on the debt ceiling.
    That's the rub. However, with more tax revenues you can, temporarily at least, continue to service your debt, hopefully reduce borrowing and improve your credit rating ... allowing you to borrow even more at minimum rates. It's the only out I can think of ATM that will buy this admin some time.

Regardless, if the government opts to borrow even more, count on more industries abandoning the United States.

Ever try to tax a turnip?

Quote Originally Posted by Skennar View Post
    That's the rub. However, with more tax revenues you can, temporarily at least, continue to service your debt, hopefully reduce borrowing and improve your credit rating ... allowing you to borrow even more at minimum rates. It's the only out I can think of ATM that will buy this admin some time.

Regardless, if the government opts to borrow even more, count on more industries abandoning the United States.

Ever try to tax a turnip?
    I think California has already gone down this road and now they don't have even any turnips left.
    Brian

Damn Michelle Bachman won somehow. Looks like Allen West might be on his way out though.

Still absorbing the amazingness of Election Night as I type this. I keep thinking of the contrast with 2004, when Bush and Cheney swiftboated their way to a second term, and how none of this seemed possible then. But as we celebrate, let's not forget the grave threat posed by big money in politics. Yes, we beat the Koch Brothers and Adelson and corporate dark money this time. But really, this race should not have been even remotely close. Four years after Republicans and Wall Street left the country in ruins, we nearly elected a private equity shark who dismissed half the country as leeches. That's screwed up. Money talked, and it confused a lot of people. Fortunately, the messenger was often Donald Trump, but he won't always be around.
    h/t dailykos

I think the most important thing Obama will be able to do in his second term (because lets be honest, unless a whole lot changes regarding how repubs and dems see each other, not much is going to happen, and each side will continue to blame one another for everything wrong with this country) will be to elect supreme court judges who will strike down citizens united.

Yeah, we knew that:

Rasmussen exposed as Republican shill

Nationally, Rasmussen polled at 49%-48%. The actual result was (so far) 50%-49% Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Colorado, Rasmussen polled at 50%-47% for Romney. The actual result was 51%-47% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Florida, Rasmussen polled at 50%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 50%-49% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Iowa, Rasmussen polled at 49%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 52%-47% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll, doubled.

In New Hampshire, Rasmussen polled at 50%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 52%-47% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Ohio, Rasmussen polled at a 49%-49% tie. The actual result was 50%-48% for Obama, a two-point swing.

In Virginia, Rasmussen polled at 50%-48% for Romney. The actual result was 50%-48% for Obama, the reverse of Rasmussen's poll.

In Wisconsin, Rasmussen polled at a 49%-49% tie. The actual result was 52-47% for Obama, a six-point swing.

In other words, in all the races that mattered, Rasmussen got it egregiously wrong. They didn't call a single battleground state right except for North Carolina, and even there it appears that they overestimated the margin of Romney's win.

half the country ARE leeches.
    Brian

Obama turned Romney into a villain with all that "war on women" nonsense and crap about sending jobs overseas to get the Dem base excited to vote against him.

I think you will find that the Democrats did little more than point out what idiot Republicans had said. Romney lost because he forgot the first rule of politics for the party in Opposition: your own side is far more extreme than the voters. And the second rule is: ignore your own side, the voters are more important.

Quote Originally Posted by bk94si View Post
    half the country ARE leeches.

I take it that you mean the ones evading taxes? Or do you mean the people who work for them who aren't paid enough to need to pay taxes?

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    . . .
    And scooter--- I hope BD is up to the task of a sig worthy of all the tasteless and juvenile crap you've been serving up. I think its time for a change because I think your avatar is teabagging you. lol.
    I hope BD comes up with a doozey as well, he deserves it. I do not agree with lots of his positions but he's not an intellectual coward like you. He stands by his convictions unapologeticly and has never tried to post under an alt or pass himself or his positions off as anything but who he is or what he really believes. Had you shared any of his qualities you probably would not be the forum's longest running joke.

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper