Page 114 of 336 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 5035

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Santorum Can't Beat The Internet

Here’s an imaginary scenario. I’m an undecided Republican voter. Or, maybe, I’m an undecided independent voter a few months from now, and Rick Santorum is the presidential nominee. I want to find out more about this Santorum guy. What’s his deal? What does he stand for? This being 2012, I google his name.

I find this.

Santorum has generated a lot of buzz for himself with his wins in Minnesota, Colorado and Missouri last night, but no amount of publicity seems like it will ever be able to dislodge that early piece of google activism by sex columnist Dan Savage a few years ago. As Santorum’s political star has risen, opposition to his anti-gay stances has only risen with him, and the website has stuck at the top of his google list. It seems like the only thing that would bring it down would be becoming president or some kind of association with Kim Kardashian.

It’s easy to criticize that kind of google bombing as a way of manipulating imperfect algorithms, but the Santorum website is up there for a reason: there is a giant portion of the internet hates Rick Santorum. The argument is there to be made that google should move it down in their results due to it being an obvious piece of political manipulation, but who are they to say that given all this time, Santorum hasn’t actually come to mean that thing that I’m not typing here?

The internet flexed its muscles in the SOPA decision, and it’s doing so again with the Santorum website. When you draw the Venn diagram of people who believe in gay rights and people who can influence the internet, there’s a tremendous overlap. If Santorum ever emerges from the smaller communities he’s found support in and tries to make it in a larger context, he’s going to have to fight against the kind of forces that have kept the protest website at the top of google. Hint: he’ll lose.
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...-the-internet/

Last edited by Invictus; 02-10-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDragon24 View Post
    The economy must be getting better. The only things republicans can talk about now is birth control and how Obama is conducting a war on religion.

I love the smell of republican desperation in the morning.....
    The SCOAMF stirs up a hornets nest with his latest dictate and repuggies are "desperate" for talking about it? Geez BD.. musta burnt out the turbo from your Saab putting the spin on that one.

When you lose mushmouth...

Matthews: Don’t bring out that false...aception rule?

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by otoc View Post
    Does your anger and need to produce a not-so-witty quip make you unable to comprehend what you read?

I see nothing in your response about what the GOP is offering in the next election, only proof that the anger campaign has certainly gotten your panties bunched. no offense, but your party is setting you up for a major disappointment that could cover the next four years. As someone who has no party or messiah, there's no one that attracts my vote.

On the compass, rhomney would be best shown as an animated gif moving all over that chart.

You miss my point as usual…

I see nothing in the republican party that excites me but what I do see is all of the choices in the republican party are better than the miserable failure you support. The guy you make excuses for on every important issue.

I have no party affiliation but I do tend to support some not so conservative republican candidates only because your messiah is a very big threat to my way of life.

Other than that I’m just a wee bit right of center…

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Come on, man. You're smarter than that. Don't play that game with us. "I don't have a party, I'm an independent." Like we never heard that one before.

You're a liberal. You vote for the Democrats 9 out of 10 times.

Tucker and I are conservatives. We vote Republican 9 out of 10 times.

Don't pretend you're some trendy outsider. You were going to walk into the voting booth and pull the lever for Obama in November regardless of who ran against him.

You said it better than I would have.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Come on, man. You're smarter than that. Don't play that game with us. "I don't have a party, I'm an independent." Like we never heard that one before.

You're a liberal. You vote for the Democrats 9 out of 10 times.

Tucker and I are conservatives. We vote Republican 9 out of 10 times.

Don't pretend you're some trendy outsider. You were going to walk into the voting booth and pull the lever for Obama in November regardless of who ran against him.
    There goes that bubble view of logic again. So sure of what you think I think or do or have done or that my compass tests keep showing me planted in the middle. Or better still that faulty logic around here that only extreme left or right exists or that if someone is to the left or right of a person then they are way to the extreme. Like it or not there are moderates in the spectrum and a national election needs their vote to win.

So what "conservative" GOP candidate is going to be offered in a choice against Obama?

There goes that bubble view of logic again. So sure of what you think I think or do or have done or that my compass tests keep showing me planted in the middle.
    Any reasonably intelligent person can make that compass test show anything they want it to show. Like showing obama being on the right.

^^^ I don't know. The Republican party to me nowadays has become mostly sort of a joke. The true conservatives are derided by the neo cons as being too extreme in their ideas of adhering to the Constitution. I really do think that if Obama were not already president, he would do better running as a Republican on today's ticket than a Democrat. I also think he would win and the neo cons would be heralding his ideas of a universal healthcare as the greatest thing ever.
    Beware liberals with guns.

Like it or not there are moderates in the spectrum and a national election needs their vote to win.

In your case moderate seems to be a misnomer because you support the president on just about every issue. Couple that with your like for big government and big government spending as seen in so many of your posts the word "moderate" isn’t a word I would associate with you.

Moderates often fall victim to indoctrination and the almost believable propaganda and hype that comes out of the mainstream media.

An example is the biggest catch phrase of the 2008 election.

Hope & Change
    Last edited by tucker; 02-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.

The Judge gets it...

^^^Awesome! Couldn't have said it better myself. Oh and btw, I no longer consider myself a Republican with the putrid choices they've tried shoving down my throat this election and last. There is only one true conservative Republican left that has not abandoned the principles the party always stood for in the past, and the principles that every true conservative have always stood for, and that of course is Ron Paul.
    Beware liberals with guns.

Obama/Volt 2012..

"The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    The Judge gets it...
    I used to listen to Brian & the Judge om XM radio until I became disgusted with the way he would give a free pass to obambi on almost everything he said or did during the last election. The judge speaks well, but I do not really believe him any more than I believe Romney or obambi.

Quote Originally Posted by thewanderer View Post
    I used to listen to Brian & the Judge om XM radio until I became disgusted with the way he would give a free pass to obambi on almost everything he said or did during the last election. The judge speaks well, but I do not really believe him any more than I believe Romney or obambi.
    Are you sure we are talking about the same guy. Since Obama has been elected i've seen the Judge do nothing but attack Obama and the republicans for not governing all that different from him.

Do some quick youtubing/googling of the Judge. I cant find one article/video that excuses or supports Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Are you sure we are talking about the same guy. Since Obama has been elected i've seen the Judge do nothing but attack Obama and the republicans for not governing all that different from him.

Do some quick youtubing/googling of the Judge. I cant find one article/video that excuses or supports Obama.
    Yes, same guy. And you are right, since obambi came to power, the judge seems to speak only about the crap obambi is pulling. The judge helped him get into power and I hold grudges.