Page 157 of 336 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 5035

Re: The 2012 Election Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AMDScooter View Post
    Oobertwit 1%'er who claims she's not a wealthy individual (despite having a net worth between $4.6 and $14.5 million) and also brags that she provided the “intellectual foundations” of Occupy Wall Street (same group whose Organizers just got busted by the Feds for plotting to blow up a bridge) is 1/32nd Cherokee.

Elizabeth Warren’s campaign: She’s 1/32nd Cherokee

Turns out BD24's favorite class warrior makes heapum big whumpum $$ and her claims of minority status stink of buffalo droppings. Looks like you might have pitched a tee-pee over the wrong squaw there BD.

For me? That qualifies her to answer the phone at bigskypayroll advances.com

Just saw this..about the SEALS not liking Obama's use of the I word and politicising their efforts

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/wi...ift-boat-obama

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    Just saw this..about the SEALS not liking Obama's use of the I word and politicising their efforts

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/wi...ift-boat-obama
    Since Romney nabbed the nomination...

- War on women... fail.
    - Ann Romney never worked... fail.
    - Romney's cruel to his dog... fail.
    - Spike the Bin Laden football... fail.

I get that to the chattering class of Obambi faithfuls, these have all stirred enthusiasm, but to the right and undecided center... uber fail.

Its the economy.

Let's talk about Mormon underwear.

Obama campaigning surprise visit to Afganastan

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...n-afghanistan/

^^^

Except that Rmoney has not seized the nomination yet. Regardless of what the media reports. The delegates they are appointing to Rmoney. Have not been picked yet. Rmoney has less then half the needed delegates. And if the last group of states are any marker to go on. He wont have near the needed delegates by Tampa.

I agree about the debate though. Its basically, anything but the issues afflicting this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    ^^^

Except that Rmoney has not seized the nomination yet. Regardless of what the media reports. The delegates they are appointing to Rmoney. Have not been picked yet. Rmoney has less then half the needed delegates. And if the last group of states are any marker to go on. He wont have near the needed delegates by Tampa.

I agree about the debate though. Its basically, anything but the issues afflicting this country.
    Rmoney... that's good.

Are ya makin' a last stand for Ron Paul?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    That stand has a smaller chance to succeed than the Americans at the Alamo!

The Onion had an article this week on a Ron Paul video game that somebody is making and they had a fake quote from somebody saying "I hope the Ron Paul video game doesn't distract Dr. Paul from the election too much! He needs to focus on the White House!"

If you don't get it, you never will.

Quote Originally Posted by jimzinsocal View Post
    The silly ads run by Obama over Bun Laden.

Looks like not everyone is thrilled

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/141929/
    It's extremely ironic that Clinton is in that ad when it was he as President, who chickened out of having Bin Laden's plane shot down when he was kicked out of Sudan in 1996.

Doesn't sound like everybody is happy about Obama taking credit for the assassination of OBL:

Ryan Zinke - Retired USN Commander who spent 23 years as a SEAL and led SEAL Team Six (currently a Republican State Senator from Montana):

The decision was a no brainer. I applaud him for making it but I would not overly pat myself on the back for making the right call. I think every president would have done the same. He is justified in saying it was his decision but the preparation, the sacrifice - it was a broader team effort. The President and his administration are positioning him as a war president using the SEALs as ammunition. It was predictable.
    Chris Kyle - former Navy SEAL sniper with 160 confirmed kills and 95 unconfirmed kills:

The operation itself was great and the nation felt immense pride. It was great that we did it. But bin Laden was just a figurehead. The war on terror continues. Taking him out didn’t really change anything as far as the war on terror is concerned and using it as a political attack is a cheap shot. In years to come there is going to be information that will come out that Obama was not the man who made the call. He can say he did and the people who really know what happened are inside the Pentagon, are in the military and the military isn’t allowed to speak out against the commander- in-chief so his secret is safe.
    Brandon Webb - former SEAL with 13 years of service, including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan:

Bush should get partial credit for putting the system in place. Obama inherited a very robust package with regards to special ops and the intelligence community. But Obama deserves credit because he got bin Laden – you can’t take that away from him. My friends that work in Special Operations Command (SOCOM) that have been on video teleconferences with Obama on these kill or capture situations say that Obama has no issue whatsoever with making decisions and typically it's kill. He’s hitting the kill button every time. I have a lot of respect for him for that.

The majority of the SEALs I know are really proud of the operation but it does become “OK, enough is enough – we’re ready to get back to work and step out of the limelight. Obama has a very good relationship with the Special Operations community at large, especially the SEALs, and it’s nice to see. We had the same relationship with George W. Bush when he was president.

I personally I don't think Romney would have any problem making tough decisions. He got a very accomplished record of making decision as a business professional. He may not have charisma but he clearly has leadership skills. I don’t think he'd have any problem taking that decision.
    Unnamed active duty Navy SEAL said:

Obama wasn’t in the field, at risk, carrying a gun. As president, at every turn he should be thanking the guys who put their lives on the line to do this. He does so in his official speeches because he speechwriters are smart. But the more he tries to take the credit for it, the more the ground operators are saying, “Come on, man!” It really didn’t matter who was president. At the end of the day, they were going to go.
    Unnamed former intelligence official who worked for the US government who OBL was killed says that that the Obama administration knew about the al-Qaeda leader’s whereabouts in October 2010 but delayed taking action and risked letting him escape. Adding:

In the end, Obama was forced to make a decision and do it. He knew that if he didn’t do it the political risks in not taking action were huge. Mitt Romney would have made the call but he would have made it earlier – as would George W. Bush.
    I also love how some released info from the White House shows that if the mission had failed, Obama was going to fire Admiral William McRaven - the guy who conceived the mission and brought the idea to the White House. Now that it worked out, Obama is just going to keep trumpeting that it was his success alone?

I guess when you have one sole accomplishment in three years as President, your talking points are limited.

Source for the quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcedar View Post
    Rmoney... that's good.

I am , its tiring arguing over what the mainstream media reports though. Almost none of it is accurate. Ron Paul actually has less delegates then the media reports, but so does Rmoney as well.

In the next 14 days or so, there are 403 delegates up for grabs in the state conventions. Ron Paul has won a majority of every delegate competition in the last two weeks. Some states taking as many as 90% of the delegates. The problem arises when people do not understand how the process works. As stated there will be 403 delegates up for grabs. If Rmoney doesnt get a majority of them. Which he wont and has not up to this point. He will not win the nomination on the first vote at the convention. Considering that newt and santorums delegates are bound, minus 8 or so of them. Which account for 353 or so delegates combined. Once the first vote has passed and no one wins a majority. All delegates become unbound. I honestly do not believe that they will vote for Rmoney once unbound (of course you cant force a vote, then it becomes invalid, which is a different topic altogether). Ron Paul with 4000-7000 people at every speech and a majority of silent delegates. Will be prominent in this situation. Of course on the second vote, anyone could win the nomination. But i am still thinking they vote for Ron Paul. That is where my opinion comes in. They may vote for someone else. But my point is, i do not believe Rmoney has this locked up as the msm would like to report.

And if he does win, then the Republicans picked the one guy who cant win. Why vote for a guy with the same policies, minus the charm?

Dont get me wrong, Bush and Obama have been the worst presidents to date IMO ( minus Wilson and maybe Roosevelt and Carter). But IMO Rmoney cant win. Best chance is to take away the youth and anti war vote from Obama. Which shouldn't be to hard for the right candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I am , its tiring arguing over what the mainstream media reports though. Almost none of it is accurate. Ron Paul actually has less delegates then the media reports, but so does Rmoney as well.

In the next 14 days or so, there are 403 delegates up for grabs in the state conventions. Ron Paul has won a majority of every delegate competition in the last two weeks. Some states taking as many as 90% of the delegates. The problem arises when people do not understand how the process works. As stated there will be 403 delegates up for grabs. If Rmoney doesnt get a majority of them. Which he wont and has not up to this point. He will not win the nomination on the first vote at the convention. Considering that newt and santorums delegates are bound, minus 8 or so of them. Which account for 353 or so delegates combined. Once the first vote has passed and no one wins a majority. All delegates become unbound. I honestly do not believe that they will vote for Rmoney once unbound (of course you cant force a vote, then it becomes invalid, which is a different topic altogether). Ron Paul with 4000-7000 people at every speech and a majority of silent delegates. Will be prominent in this situation. Of course on the second vote, anyone could win the nomination. But i am still thinking they vote for Ron Paul. That is where my opinion comes in. They may vote for someone else. But my point is, i do not believe Rmoney has this locked up as the msm would like to report.

And if he does win, then the Republicans picked the one guy who cant win. Why vote for a guy with the same policies, minus the charm?

Dont get me wrong, Bush and Obama have been the worst presidents to date IMO ( minus Wilson and maybe Roosevelt and Carter). But IMO Rmoney cant win. Best chance is to take away the youth and anti war vote from Obama. Which shouldn't be to hard for the right candidate.
    Do you know how much of a lunatic you sound like? You need to get outside of the Ron Paul circlejerk and stop reading those message boards. This idea that Ron Paul supporters are infiltrating the state delegations around the country is just incorrect. There will be no contested convention, and this idea that Ron Paul will sweep the second vote at the convention is just fanatical.

Are you the kind of guy who stalks ex-girlfriends? You don't seem like you need to know when it's over.

Secondly, the Ron Paul folks, who claim to stand for freedom and democracy and liberty are basically cheering for a group of 6,000 men in Tampa to decide that Ron Paul will be the party's nominee over the millions of Republican voters who voted for Romney. So, I guess it's okay to play kingmaker when it's your guy you're putting on the throne. Rank hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Keven; 05-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keven View Post
    Brandon Webb - former SEAL with 13 years of service, including tours in Iraq and Afghanistan:

He can say he did and the people who really know what happened are inside the Pentagon, are in the military and the military isn’t allowed to speak out against the commander- in-chief so his secret is safe.
    So that's why the Dems want to seal his Presidential records..
    Nuke em'.

So what say ye Paul fans? I don't see any way he wiggles his way into being the nominee. So is he looking to stir it up at the convention or simply building a base for his son? Other?

Can Paul delegates cause mischief at the RNC national convention?
    "The most dangerous myth is the demagoguery that business can be made to pay a larger share, thus relieving the individual. Politicians preaching this are either deliberately dishonest, or economically illiterate, and either one should scare us...
    Only people pay taxes, and people pay as consumers every tax that is assessed against a business."

-The Gipper

So what say ye Paul fans? I don't see any way he wiggles his way into being the nominee. So is he looking to stir it up at the convention or simply building a base for his son? Other?

I'm just shocked that they would even want that in the first place. I mean, the Ron Paul crowd, who talks about liberty and democracy and freedom is basically organizing to have 6000 people overthrow the man (Romney) who received 41% of the vote from average Republicans.

I said it before, but I guess they're okay with cronyism, establishment politics and playing kingmaker when it's the guy they want being setup to win. It's rank hypocrisy from that whole movement, and quite frankly, I'm ashamed for them. I really thought they might spur a libertarian movement but they're just embarrassing themselves.

What if Ron Paul was the presumptive candidate, and Romney supporters were plotting to infiltrate the state delegations to upset the convention vote? They would be screaming bloody murder.

They need to face it, the GOP doesn't want Ron Paul to be its nominee. Period. End of sentence. The man didn't generate enough support from the masses to be the nominee. They didn't want him. It's a hard pill to swallow, I know, but it's the truth.

Do you know how much of a lunatic you sound like? You need to get outside of the Ron Paul circlejerk and stop reading those message boards. This idea that Ron Paul supporters are infiltrating the state delegations around the country is just incorrect. There will be no contested convention, and this idea that Ron Paul will sweep the second vote at the convention is just fanatical.
    So for pointing out hard delegate numbers. I am a lunatic. Im sorry that i do not buy everything the TV tells me as you do. Santorum and Newts delegates are bound to them on the first vote. Explain to me where these magical delegates come from for Rmoney? Also, you seem detached from what is actually happening. Ron Paul is sweeping the caucus delegates ATM. Even in states where he placed third. He is pulling a vast majority of the delegates. And ive been far to busy running my business and starting another one to participate in any "circle jerks".

Are you the kind of guy who stalks ex-girlfriends? You don't seem like you need to know when it's over.
    Now on top of being a lunatic. Im a stalker? All because im not a progressive republican as you are, and i stand by my values and refuse to support an admitted progressive? You claim to be conservative. But the people you support are big government republicans. IMO, people who follow the party line like you do are whats wrong with the republican party.

Secondly, the Ron Paul folks, who claim to stand for freedom and democracy and liberty are basically cheering for a group of 6,000 men in Tampa to decide that Ron Paul will be the party's nominee over the millions of Republican voters who voted for Romney. So, I guess it's okay to play kingmaker when it's your guy you're putting on the throne. Rank hypocrisy.
    Once again Keven, we do not live in a democracy. We live in a republic. The hypocrisy here is voting for Rmoney. Why dont you make the case for your guy, instead of acting like a lib and coming with quasi personal attacks because your candidate and position is weak.

But your still missing the point. Its not just about Ron Paul. Its about not wanting a continuation of Obama with Rmoney.

That article was incorrect about their assumption that Rmoney will have the needed delegates by the first vote. He would have to win nearly every delegate between now and Tampa. Which is not going to happen. His actual delegate count is around 670 delegates. With 353 delegates bound on the first vote to santorum and newt. And there are 403 delegates up for grabs at state conventions that have not declared.

The math just doesnt add up regardless of what the media is reporting. I've been talking about this for months. Some here thought i was delusional. Its just simple math.

Ron Paul pulls 4-7k people at his speeches. His campaign is about more then just getting the nomination. Its about spreading ideas and educating the populous. Its about teaching people what money is, where it comes from and who controls its production. Its about teaching Americans that they do not need to depend on the government for there welfare. Its about liberty and freedom in a monopolistic system that constantly eroding away at them.

Its also about creating a base and a platform for his son. And returning the republican party to its foundations. Instead of the bastardized party that would nominate a white Obama.

Take a short walk on google and look at how many local and state chairmen have been replaced with Ron Paul supporters.